Chapter 36

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heechul stirred in his sleep, groping the comforter blindly. It was cold and he had no intention to wake up. He groaned when his hand couldn't reach the blanket but a second later, his body was pulled closer to something and the thick comforter was draped over his trembling body.

 

 

 

"You cold?"

 

 

 

Heechul smiled; he knew it was Jungsoo. He only nodded to the warm voice and settled himself further in the column between Jungsoo neck and shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

"Baby, how is your ? Is it sore? Do you want me to-"

Heechul whined upon Jungsoo's unending questions. He put his palm to cover Jungsoo's mouth and started to doze off again. The older giggled. He gripped Heechul's wrist softly, pulling the hand, and kissed it lovingly. Heechul sighed in contentment and Jungsoo couldn't help but mirror the sound. They stayed like that for a while until Jungsoo was sure Heechul was asleep. He quietly got off the bed and dashed to the bathroom; he needed to shower before he began to prepare breakfast.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"Go away."

"Not until you wake up. Come on, Chul. The sun has set high and I've already prepared breakfast."

 

 

 

Jungsoo continued to kiss Heechul's forehead albeit the man protesting. His effort was paid off when Heechul finally cracked his eyes open and blinked cutely. Yawning, he finally rose up and wanted to get down but he stopped so suddenly. There was a sting feeling on his backside although it was not very severe. Jungsoo, understanding the situation, helped his lover to stand up and walked gingerly supporting Heechul to the living room. Heechul sat down carefully but a frown was put on his face.

 

 

 

"Why did you bring me here? I thought you wanted me to eat."

"The couch has a soft mattress so your backside won't hurt much."

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo walked out of the living room to get the food and Heechul watched him intently. This was so surreal yet familiar. He couldn't be any more thankful for Jungsoo patiently taking care of him. His lover brought two plates containing the same food, sausages, scrambled egg, and pancake, then he sat down beside him.

 

 

 

"Let's go shopping. You barely have food in your fridge."

"For your information, Mr. Park. I don't cook."

"Still, let's go this afternoon."

 

 

 

Jungsoo's utterance left no room for objections and Heechul was aware of that. Jungsoo sliced the pancake for Heechul so the latter could eat it easily and handed the cutlery to his lover. Heechul winced his eyes, making a face that screamed doubtfulness.

 

 

 

"You're being nice and taking care of me, is it because you're feeling bad about what you did that makes my body sore?"

 

 

 

Heechul was ready to get scolded or glared on his joking accusation. He knitted his eyebrows when Jungsoo halted his eating and smiled sadly, not daring to look at him.

 

 

 

 

 

"Do you think I'm like that, baby? I take care of you because I love you, I need no conditions or any circumstances. I... I'm sorry if I make you get the wrong idea."

 

 

 

 

 

Heechul's eyes widened. It was obvious that the older was the one who got the wrong idea. Heechul immediately scooted closer and hugged his boyfriend, uttering his apology. It also surprised him, how apologizing to Jungsoo now became a very easy thing to do unlike the Kim Heechul people knew.

 

 

 

"No! That's not what I mean, Jungsoo. Dammit. You know what I mean, please."

 

 

 

Jungsoo inhaled deeply, perhaps he was being too dramatic. He wrapped his arms around Heechul's form, drawing the man closer.

 

 

 

"I'm just being overly emotional. I'm sorry, okay? Now let's continue to eat."

 

 

 

 

 

Before they pulled away, something caught his eyes. Jungsoo looked intently the small plastic bag and unconsciously his hand had tried to reach it. He succeeded. Heechul finally released his hug and his eyes dilated the moment he saw what his boyfriend had found.

 

 

 

 

 

"What is-"

Heechul quickly snatched the thing and hid it behind his back. Jungsoo was taken by surprise that he could only sit there not knowing how to react. Instead of pestering his boyfriend to tell him, Jungsoo simply smiled and ate his meal. Heechul did need time for everything and he didn't want to repeat the same mistake again.

 

 

 

"A-are you mad?" Heechul whispered. Jungsoo shook his head, still smiling.

 

 

 

"Here."

 

 

 

Jungsoo was mildly surprised when the plastic bag was shoved in front of his face. He hesitantly took it and opened the wrapper. His breath hitched when he finally could see what was inside. 

 

 

 

 

 

A lipstick—a very similar red lipstick like the one Heechul found the other day. Suddenly, he had a hard time to swallow his food.

 

 

 

"What- I mean... Why do- . What makes-"

"I... also want to look as pretty as whoever has the lipstick. So, I... I bought a similar lipstick... This is ridiculous... Because I thought you would come back if I used it like what that person-"

Heechul was stunned when his boyfriend suddenly crushed his body with a hug. The embrace was exceptionally tight making Heechul wonder.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter