Arranged Time (Part 2)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Monsta X's ShownuxSohee (reader)

Url: Reader25

Trope: Angst, Fluff, Romance

AU: Historical!Shownu

TW: Mention(s) of death

Song suggestion: Boke, CIKI

_

    "Excuse me, but where am I?"

     Bewilderment spread through Sohee's body; her stomach flipping somersaults. The strange woman before her furrowed her brows, a confused chuckle escaping her lips. 

    "I'm not sure I understand what you mean, my lady," her voice was quiet, but polite. 

    Shaking her head, Sohee spun around - gesturing towards the room as she did so - before moving her palms against her attire and hairstyle. As realization began setting in, Sohee's heart began beating faster; its invisible fists pounding against her rib cage. The longer she stood there, the more frightened she became; a wave of pure anxiety washing over her body as the moments passed.

    "This," raising her hands into the air, she frantically gestured towards the room once more, "all of this. Where am I? Who are you? Why am I dressed like this?"

    "My lady," the woman took a cautious step forward, "are you feeling alright? Shall I send for the physician?"

    White teeth anxiously grinded against red stained flesh as Sohee gnawed on her bottom lip; the taste of honey filling from the homemade cosmetic. A lump formed in the back of as she shook her head, staring at the woman before her who merely nodded before bowing deeply. Smoothing her hands over the earth-colored hanbok covering her body, the unfamiliar being straightened up her posture; chin slightly raised and hands clasped together, but hidden due to the wide fabric of the attire's sleeves.

    "To answer your questions, my lady," the woman's voice was soft, yet firm, "you are Princess Sohee and currently standing in your bedroom quarters. I am Kang Nari, your Lady-in-Waiting." Eyes wide, Sohee merely gawked at Nari in utter confusion. "However," she bowed, "we mustn't waste any more time, my lady. Your husband-to-be awaits you in the palace garden."

    Sohee opened to question Nari further, but halted once the two large doors to the entrance swung open; two more women dressed in the same outfit as Nari stood there, both in bowed forms. Heaving a sigh, the princess forced her jelly-like legs to walk forward. A knot twisted tightly in her stomach, but she managed to ignore it as she entered the wide, wooden hallway. 

    What is all of this? How did I get here? Did I die? I must have, there's no way this is real! But then, my life never flashed before my eyes - unless that theory really is wrong? Is this a dream, maybe? A strangely-real dream? None of this makes any sense. How am I a - a princess?  The government isn't an absolute monarchy anymore, so why do they keep referring to me under such a noble title? And this dress - I wasn't wearing this beforehand. Where did my jeans go? And my hair - oh my God, my hair. Why is it in such a fancy up-do? A brief realization struck her from racing mind - oh my God, am I - am I back in the Joseon era?

    An unfamiliar voice broke Sohee of her thoughts. Peering up, she found herself outside; a slight breeze chilling her face. She took a moment to examine her surroundings - pale pink cherry blossoms contrasted brown, winter-struck bushes that overlooked a wide, reflective pond. A large gazebo-esque structure was located towards the middle of the area; wine red wood complemented by emerald green detailing and a straight-inclined, gold-edged roof. The area was breath taking, but Sohee had her attention focused el

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter