2/14 (Part 4)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Stray Kids' Chan, Woojin, Hyunjin, and Yeonha (reader) 

Url: water_lilies

Trope: Fluff, Angst, Friendship

AU: High School!Skz

TW: N/A

Song suggestion: fallingforyou, The 1975

_

    The tardy bell rang as soon as Yeonha entered the building; warmth immediately heating up her wet, slightly frozen face. Sighing in relief, she quickly wiped at her eyes as she began taking quick strides towards her classroom. Avoiding lurking security guards, she quietly snuck down the hallway until she reached her destination; hand reaching towards the door's handle, but hesitating for a moment.

    Was she prepared for a lecture? 

    Biting her lip, she ran a hand through her silky tresses before nodding her head. Grasping onto the handle, Yeonha swung the door open, immediately regretting her decision as the teacher spun around to greet her with a rather questionable look.

    "Nice of you to join us today," his voice was drenched in sarcasm. "I'm so glad you decided to skip yesterday and arrive late today. Do you realize you're interrupting class?"

    Bowing, she sighed, "I apologize, sir."

    Heaving a sigh, he waved his hand, "Just find your seat." Nodding, Yeonha quickly walked to her desk as the teacher returned to his lesson. Sliding onto the chair, she pulled out her notebook to jot down notes, but her mind was too preoccupied with thoughts of Chan and their earlier encounter. 

    Stretching her neck, she lifted her head as her eyes focused on the winter scene outside. Sky overcast, the sun was a dimmed blur of light as it hid behind thick, gray-hued clouds. Trees glistened with a sheen of translucent ice, the bark darker than usual as browning leaves softly swayed in the chilling breeze. Fog slowly crept up from the concrete, winter-struck grass edged pathways - hazing the environment as a cluster of students huddled together during gym class; their sweatsuit-clad bodies shivering. A smile slowly crept onto her lips as she watched the instructor yell at the red-faced group through the turtleneck covering half of his own cherry-cheeked face.

    The whole scene was rather dull, but somehow comforting. 

    Breaking from her thoughts as she felt a piece of paper touch her fingertips, Yeonha shifted her eyes to the figure sitting in front of her before peering down at the note awaiting her response. Furrowing her brows, she quietly unfolded the sheet; sniffing as she began reading.

    Are you okay? You look like you've been crying. 

        - W

    Pursing her lips together, she quickly wrote out a simple 'yes'  before poking Woojin's back; his hand immediately bending back as she slipped the note into his large palm. Within a few seconds, the paper found its way back to her. 

    Are you positive? You seem off. Should we talk about it at lunch?

        - W

    I'm honestly okay, I promise. There's no need to talk about it because there's nothing to discuss. Also, since when do you want to eat lunch together?

        - Y  ♡

    I've always wanted to - just never could because my friends and your friends don't see eye-to-eye. Plus, you usually eat with Hyunjin and I don't think he's very fond of me.

        - W

    Yeonha paused before carefully writing a response

    Hyunjin likes you, he's just weary.     

        - Y  ♡

    An audible snicker left Woojin's mouth as he read the note; Yeonha furrowing her brows in confusion. 

    Yeah, because he likes you.

        - W

    Taken aback, her eyebrows knitted deeper as she shook her head. Hyunjin liked her? Absolutely not. She was more than positive that he viewed her as an older sister - after all, the two had been close since elementary school. Did she like him? Yes, but she never spoke about her feelings, nor was she the type to confess - not initially, at least. The two were best friends, and she was sure that's all they'd ever be.

    Don't be ridiculous. He does not like me. We're just friends.

        - Y  ♡

    As she passed the note back, she watched as Woojin shook his head before crumpling the paper and discarding of it into his backpack. Chewing on her bottom lip, she reached forward as her hand pressed into his back gently; his tensed muscles immediately relaxing. Rubbing soothing circles between his broad shoulder blades, a small smile crept onto Woojin's face as he melted into her touch. Bending his arm, he tapped on the side of her knee to gain her attention. Peering down, Yeonha stifled a chuckle at his hand that repeatedly opened and closed; signaling for her take hold of it. Rolling her eyes, she leaned forward a bit, her hand sliding to the side of the desk as she intertwined her fingers with his; smiles gracing both of their lips as the class progressed.

-

    "Are you heading to lunch now?"

    Class had temporarily ended - Yeonha now standing in the hallway with Minjee, one of her female friends from homeroom. Nodding, she smiled,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter