2/14 (Final)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Stray Kids' Chan, Woojin, Hyunjin, and Yeonha (reader)

Url: water_lilies

Trope: Fluff, Angst, Friendship

AU: High School!Skz

TW: N/A

Song suggestion: As Long As It Takes You, keshi (for a sadder aesthetic) /// Smile, Caroline Manning (for a sweeter aesthetic)

_

    The two ex-lovers stood motionless in silence; the only sounds resonating from the honking of cars nearby and shouts from a group of students who participated in a game of foot-volleyball. Feeling his face heat up, Chan opened his mouth to speak, planning on explaining himself further, but his eyes grew wide, instead, as electric coursed through his veins.

    For a moment, heat contrasted the bitter cold of the weather nipping at his clothes as he stared down at the female before him; body practically paralyzed as Yeonha's lips pressed against his tenderly.

    Shocked, Chan merely just stood there; eyes wide as he felt a surge of electricity power his senses. For a moment, he felt complete - waves of memories flooding back into his conscious as he reminisced the happy moments they had shared when they were still together. He remembered their first date, and how anxious he was when he had asked her out.

    His hands had shook so violently that his fingers barely clutched onto the love letter he had written. A stuttering mess, he had timidly approached her one day after school - Yeonha greeting him as she always had, but brows furrowing when she noticed his distanced gaze. Worriedly, she had asked him if he was feeling ill to which he quickly denied, shoving the piece of paper towards her without giving it a second thought; his own action shocking him. 

    He remembered the way her eyes scanned over the loose leaf covered in neat handwriting, peachy lips parting open slightly as her cheeks dusted a light pink. The way she stood motionless caused his heart to nearly burst through his chest as the artery pounded its invisible fists against his rib cage. He had just confessed his feelings to his longtime best friend, merely risking their friendship for the sake of a potential relationship, and there she stood - emotionally emotionless. At that point in time, Chan was tempted to run away - flee far and never look back.

    But the soft gasp that escaped her lips glued him to his spot. 

    "About time you ask me."

    His eyes focused upon her beautiful face where a smile had been strewed; lips curling highly at the edges as the fleshy pillows slowly parted to reveal white teeth. Chan remembered the way her hands softly folded over his as she leaned up to press a sweet kiss against his cheek; his own burning in the spot her lips had once been. He remembered the way his breathing caught in his throat as he ran a trembling hand through the thick strands of his hair. Yeonha had merely chuckled at his shy state - her own reaching forward as she entwined their fingers; his slick palm contrasting her dry one.

    Chan remembered, and that's why a sharp pain stung his chest.

    Pulling back, he breathed heavily - throat bobbing as he swallowed hard in an attempt to push back the tears that threatened to fall from his eyes. The female standing before him, however, merely blinked as she raised her brows; eyes focused upon the ground as she lost herself in thought. There was a long beat of silence between the two as they stood there; wind softly tugging at their hair and clothes as the trees swayed in the blurred distance.

    He was confused, to say the least. Why had she decided to kiss him? Why now? Especially after how she had been acting towards him since the breakup. Why did she do that? Did she still have feelings for him like he did for her? His mind raced as he stood there with his eyes fixated upon her, hands beginning to perspire as his pulse became audible in his ears. Truthfully, he found himself hoping the lip-lock was the first step in rebuilding their relationship.

    "W-why did you..." 

    His words trailed off as a lump formed in his throat; temporarily constricting his breathing as he cleared it repetitively. A grin formed on the female's face, however, as she breathed a sigh of relief; eyes sparkling as she met his dark ones. 

    "I'm free."

    His brows furrowed, "What?"

    Running a hand through her hair, a chuckle emitted from the back of as she gleefully shook her head, "I'm free. I wanted to see if I would feel a buzz or some surge of electricity - something, but I didn't. I can finally move on."

    Her words were like bullets penetrating his soul as the mound in his throat expanded. The way she seemed so happy, the way she worded the whole ordeal. 

    Free? Was she trapped beforehand? Did she feel held down by me?  His mind swirled with conflicting thoughts, a wave of dizziness numbing his senses. As pain spiked his nerves, Yeonha reached up towards his face as she delicately caressed his cheek; a bittersweet taste filling Chan's mouth as he begrudgingly melted into her touch.

    "Thank you for helping Hyunjin," she smiled. "Even with Woojin - thank you."

    The coarse-haired male was silent as he merely nodded his head, eyes downcast as he watched her smooth her hands over the material of her plaid uniform skirt. Without another word, she ventured towards the door - halting as his hoarse voice pierced the atmosphere.

    "Yeonha."

    Hand resting on the handle, her eyes bestowed themselves upon his hunched figure; the outline of his frame blending into the overcast welkin. Peeling his glued eyes from the ground as he forced himself to make contact with her's, he managed a dejected, but genuine smile.

    "Promise me that in whatever you do or wherever you go, you'll always follow your heart and stay true to yourself."

    Nodding her head, her hand subconsciously tightened around the handle, "I'm never going to forget you, Chan. If we're meant to be together in the end - even after everything that's transpired, I promise to greet you with an open heart."     

    With those words, Chan watched as her body disappeared into the building. Biting his lip, a soft exhale pushed through his nose as he peered up at the sky, "I'm never going to forget you either, Yeonha."

    As she quickly jogged down the flight of stairs - heart racing - Yeonha rounded a corner just as the bell rang to signal the end of the lunch period. Raising herself onto her tiptoes, she peered over the tops of peers' heads as she tried to find Woojin's familiar face. It wasn't until the crowd had thinned out that she spotted his navy blue jacketed broad shoulders in the near distance.

    "Woojin!"

    Instantly, he whipped around as his eyes fell upon a jogging Yeonha; her hands clutching her skirt downwards, shoulders semi-rigidly swaying back and forth. A smile immediately stretched across the span of his face as she slightly crashed into him; his palms gripping the small of her back, steadying her.

    "Hey," he greeted, "are you not mad anymore?"

    Shaking her head, Yeonha shot him a small smile before sighing, "I really wasn't mad beforehand - just frustrated."

    As the hallways cleared, Woojin peered around for a moment before nodding towards a nearby classroom. Following ensue, the two entered the empty room as the sound of static and muffled voices from a group of security guards echoed through the hallways they had begun monitoring. Quietly closing the door, Woojin spun around on his heel as he approached her, "Were you annoyed with me?"

    "Not exactly," she sighed. "Overwhelmed is a better word to describe how I felt." Hoisting herself atop one of the desks, Yeonha cleared as she continued, "Besides, I've come to a resolution."

    Leaning against the podium centered in the large room, Woojin's muscular arms folded across his chest as he raised a curious brow, "What do you mean?"

    Pausing for a moment, she fidgeted in her spot before focusing her attenti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter