Red Ribbons (Part 3)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Kihyun (Monsta X) x Kim Eunji (Reader)

Url: Reader25

Trope: Hate to Love, Soft (later on)

AU: Modern, Vampire!AU, Mafia!AU

TW: N/A

Song suggestion: Sonata in C Major, L. 352, Domenico Scarlatti and Dubravka Tomšič Srebotnjak

Plot: Being in an arranged marriage to a mafia boss is already kind of y, but did I mention he's a vampire, too? Yeah, not so fang-tastic...or is it?

_

    Sonata in C Major, L. 352 softly echoed through the grand master bathroom as Eunji patted powder to her cheekbones. Lightly her fingertips tapped against the creamy-golden swirled countertop, a soft hum vibrating her vocal cords. As she peered at herself in the large, light edged mirror, her stomach twisted. 

    It was the night of the international business deal. An esteemed foreign investor from Las Vegas was flying into South Korea to meet with the married couple to discuss the possibility of joining forces. The Kim family wanted to expand their gambling business further into the market, so what better place to do so than Sin City?

    The fate of the deal, however, relied upon Eunji and Kihyun. Despite living on opposite ends of the world, word about the merging of the Yoo and Kim crime families steadily traveled through the universe's infinite grapevine. Many international bosses found their union to be both intriguing and intimidating, but there was a certain peculiarity underlying the marriage that hung in the air like lost words or bated breath.

    Naturally, living beings have always had a tendency to be drawn to things that sparkle and shine. If mob bosses from the states could join their forces with South Korea's most powerful mafia families, then they, themselves, would reap a sliver of the rewards to be gained. Not all benefits were related to wealth and power, though. More often than not, foreign businessmen sought protection from the Yoo and Kim families. 

    Ultimately, they figured if they could maintain a stable relationship with both families, their own kin and crews would be safe. As with anything in illicit professions, however, there was always a catch. With great power comes watchful eyes. So far, both of the South Korean families had maintained a strong bond - making a point to publicly display their unity whether it be through deals, local interviews, or mere outings like conjoined dinners. 

    The only persons aware of the truth behind Kihyun and Eunji's marriage were relatives and crew members. As far as other mobs and civilians were concerned, the couple wed because of their undying love towards each other - a sort of Romeo and Juliet situation minus the ending scene, if you will. If word of the truth regarding their amalgamation had ever spread, the families would be viewed as weak; ultimately painting targets on each of their foreheads, or for the Yoo family, chests. 

    First of many feasts or a sequel to the Last Supper, the outcome was completely reliant upon whether or not the newlyweds were capable of putting on a show that could rival even Shakespeare's most legendary performance. 

    Knuckles lightly rapping against wood garnered Eunji's attention as she turned to see a shut-eyed Kihyun. Raising a brow, she gestured towards his rigid figure, "What are you doing?"

    "Are you decent?" His eyes continued squeezing shut as his wife rolled her own. With a sigh, she returned to applying her makeup, "I'm fully dressed, Kihyun."

    He nodded his head once before allowing his lids to snap open. Swiping his tongue across the plump flesh of his bottom lip, he walked over to her with long, swift strides before halting adjacent to the silk robe-clad figure. Angling his head, he surveyed her features.

    Long, ink-hued tresses were neatly curled and styled into a youthful, but reserved coiffure. Cheekbones tinged a soft and flattering pink with a bit of added highlight for a luminous effect. Eyelashes - black and long as they curled around a champagne-shaded lid and rusty brown crease. Sharply she had applied espresso toned eyeliner that cut into a winged effect; eyes bold as her amber orbs gleamed effortlessly. Swallowing hard, he watched as she applied a coating of cherry red lipstick before smacking the fleshy pillows together with a popping sound.

    Kihyun felt his throat tickle.

    "Why are you staring at me?" 

    Her words were cold as she turned her body to face his, nose

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter