Rooftop Princess (Part 3)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Jennie and Lisa (Blackpink) x Ira Zein (Reader)

Url: LeeJiseung

Trope: Fluff, Angst, Slice of Life, (later on)

AU: College!AU

TW: N/A

Song suggestion: Shine, Pentagon 

_

    "How do I look?"

    The question fell from her lips as she posed away from her best friend. Without raising the camera, Ira shook her head in awe; words briefly consumed with her breath as she managed to choke out an answer.

    "Like a dream."

    A blush tinged Jennie's cheeks unbeknownst to Ira who snapped a few photos before clearing .

    "Shall we move to a different location?"

    Hopping off of the gazebo's ledge, Jennie shook her head as a grin squished her cheeks. Taking the camera from Ira, she motioned towards the wooden structure with a wink. 

    "Nope, not until I take some photos of you!"

    Despite the protests spat from Ira's lips, Jennie's hands that curled around her best friend's shoulders pushed her forward, forcing her into the gazebo. Shaking her head, Ira tried to exit, but she was quickly swallowed up by Jennie's arms that s around her torso.

    "Oh, come on!" 

    "Jennie, please."

    Pulling back, puffy cheeks puffed bigger as Jennie pouted, "Ira-bear, come on! We have hardly any pictures of you!"

    "On the contrary," Ira retorted. "You have tons of photos of us."

    Frantically, Jennie shook her head as her arms folded over her chest, pout seemingly deepening.

    "I only have a few and besides," her foot tapped against the wooden flooring as her eyes strayed from her best friend who continued gazing upon her intently, "I want a few that are of you, alone."

    The breath hitched in Ira's throat as she swallowed the lump quickly forming, her hand that lifted her cap as she brushed her short strands back accidentally exposing her ever-reddening face. Jennie noticed her friend's sudden flushed tone, eyes widening slightly.

    "That sounded weird," Jennie chuckled as she anxiously rubbed the back of her neck. "I meant I want a few of you solo for my wall. You know, for the string collage."

    Ira knew the montage she referenced - over twenty photos of the duo clipped onto strings of fairy lights strung around Jennie's room. They were a sort of timeline, in a way. Photos that dated way back to when they were infants, elementary students, and awkward middle schoolers. Other Polaroids Jennie had shot during Ira's high school soccer matches and ones that Ira had captured during Jennie's musical performances. 

    When the girls had entered college, the tradition continued, but remained a reminder of the issues they experienced. During their freshman year, trouble had followed them from high school. The college, itself, was small and the only one built in their hometown, so naturally all of their enemies and bullies followed ensue. 

   The women also had to deal with their own individual hardships.

    Jennie experienced her first heartbreak when her boyfriend of three years moved to a different state for education. It was also during that time that she experienced financial hardships as well after losing her job. Ira had to deal with coming terms with her feelings towards Jennie - a long journey that was both freeing and confining. Additionally, her dropping grades contributed to the termination of her soccer scholarship.

    During that year, they had only taken one photo that hung upon Jennie's room - a particularly sad one where their unhappiness was clearly apparent. 

    The next year after was a slight improvement, but not a tremendous one. Neither of the girls had seen very much of each other, but they tried their best to remain close. Studies and work had consumed most of their time, but one night, after the girls had reunited after a two month absence, Jennie had suggested that they both try studying abroad. Ira hadn't even thought twice before supporting the idea. She wanted nothing more than to leave their hometown - to get away and escap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter