The ABC's of Bees and Love Letters (Part 4)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Jooheon (Monsta X) x Jang Hanna (Reader)

Url: ann1914

Trope: Fluff, Comedy, Romance

AU: School!AU

TW: N/A

Song suggestion: Girl x Friend, EXO (the lyrics honestly match this story nearly perfectly)

_

    "What do you mean you need to see my handwriting?"

    The question was posed from a tall male with tired eyes and pouty lips as he stood before the trio of desperate wannabe detectives. Clearing , Hanna awkwardly shifted in her spot; shoulders lifting and dropping into a shrug.

    "I just need to see it," she deadpanned. "Please."

    The male's nose scrunched in confusion as he shook his head, "Why can't you just tell me why you need to see it?"

    "Why can't you just comply and let us see it, Hyungwon?"

    Jooheon's sudden interjection elicited an unamused brow raise from his friend as long arms crossed over his chest in a standoffish sort of stance. Tilting his head to the side, Hyungwon merely shook his head. 

    "Tell me what it's for and I-"

    "What do you think of the girl standing in front of you?"

    Changkyun's interruption caused the older male to shake his head - as if emptying his ear canals of water.

    "Excuse me?"

    "The girl," Changkyun repeated as he gestured towards Hanna. "What do you think of her?"

    Face tinging red, Hanna and Hyungwon both peered upon the vocal male with wide eyes; her elbow instinctively grinding into his side causing him to wince. 

    "What do you mean exactly?"

    Changkyun heaved an exasperated sigh, "You know exactly what I mean - do you think she's cute or not?"

    "Chankgyun!"

    Heat flared throughout her body as she bowed before Hyungwon to utter a brief apology before pulling both Changkyun and Jooheon away. Eyebrows furrowed, Hyungwon blinked rapidly as he watched them retreat; his rosy face tingling as he attempted to relax his tensed muscles. Hanna's own body was rigid as well - the young woman waiting until they were out of sight to turn towards a calm Changkyun. Her eyes narrowed.

    "Are you insane?"

    Raising a brow, he tilted his head to the side, "That's the second time you've asked me that today, so I might be, but maybe not. Who knows. Is anyone truly sane in this world, Hanna? Is such a thing even real, or is it sheer 'eye of the beholder' type of stuff? Plus, with the modern complexities of life and living, are we all just existing to exist, or do we have purposes? And if so, what are those purposes? How do we find them? To be frank, and I'm not talking beans or old dudes with suspenders, I often feel like the plastic bag Katy Perry talks about in that one song. You know the one."

    Faces reeling upwards in confusion, Jooheon and Hanna both stared upon their friend, absolutely dumbfounded by his statement. Changkyun noticed this and merely shrugged before exhaling.

    "In other words, no I'm not insane and if I am, there's a method to it."

    Jooheon cocked a brow, "Which is?"

    "Candid feelings," Changkyun stated simply, as if such a term were casually utilized 24/7. "You can often tell if someone is being honest or not if you catch them off guard."

    Pondering his statement, Hanna bobbed her head side-to-side as if weighing his words and their authenticity. He wasn't completely wrong, but he wasn't inherently correct, either. She understood the general gist of what he was trying to do, but it was flawed logic nevertheless.

    "I think we should just stick to the original plan," Hanna sighed. "You know, avoid confrontation to the best of our abilities so that we don't look like total weirdos."

    Jooheon shook his head, "It's a little late for Changkyun." 

    Shifting his attention upon the older male, the boy in question raised a speculative brow, "At least I'm being proactive."

    Merely lifting his shoulders, Jooheon his heel as they dropped, "I'll go check my hallway's wing. You two check your's and then we can meet atop the rooftop in an hour to discuss our findings, or lack thereof, okay?"

    Agreeing, the trio returned to their designated areas. The search for the admirer wasn't as easy as Changkyun had expected much to both Hanna's and Jooheon's anticipations. After multiple smacks upside the head, an eraser thrown at hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter