Red Ribbons (Part 5)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Kihyun (Monsta X) x Kim Eunji (Reader)

Url: Reader25

Trope: Hate to Love, Soft (later on)

AU: Modern, Vampire!AU, Mafia!AU

TW: Brief suggestive themes

Song suggestion: Love Dream (Liebestraum), Franz Liszt (x)

Plot: Being in an arranged marriage to a mafia boss is already kind of y, but did I mention he's a vampire, too? Yeah, not so fang-tastic...or is it?

_

    Body tensing as he froze to his chair, Kihyun's eyes locked on the hand tightly gripping his thigh. Her manicured fingernails gleamed under soft golden lights, and the way she pressed into his skin formed fabric outlines around her fingers. Swallowing hard, Kihyun attempted to ignore her as he dropped the contract upon the table.

    "These revisions aren't going to work."

    Bianchi raised a brow, hand reaching forward to cup his wine glass, "And why is that?"

    "Because they're not realistic," Kihyun's voice was leveled, breathing slightly quickening when he felt her hand slid upwards a bit higher.

    "Well," Bianchi took a sip of alcohol before gulping with a shrug. "I'm afraid there's really nothing else I can do. Those revisions came from my boss, and hes not really one to change his mind."

    This time it was Eunji who spoke up, "He has no choice."

    Kihyun's body tensed, but it wasn't from her hand that continued gripping his upper thigh. Leaning forward, a smirk lifted the right side of Bianchi's mouth as he suavely swirled the red liquid in his glass. It didn't take a vampire's supernatural abilities to read into the foreign investor's blatant distaste towards her remark.

    "How so?"

    Eunji leaned forward to mimic his body language as her free hand clasped onto her own wine glass. Casually she drank from the cup in a reserved sort of way before pulling the rim from her already red stained lips. Kihyun studied her closely - he had never actually seen the businesswoman side of her prior to that moment, at least not to such an extent. 

    "If your boss wants to do business with my family, he'll have to accept the original contract. Your boss may not really be one to change his mind, but my father never alters his. Am I understood?"

    The sudden, yet subtle raspiness to her voice sent a chill up Kihyun's back as her golden eyes seemingly melted under the bright chandelier lights; a sort of burning liquid flowing in them as she returned Bianchi's intense stare. The man before them shook his head before running a hand through his graying field of hair, fingers tugging on the short strands in an attempt to relieve the frustration that began itching his nerves.

    "Eunji, I understand that you want to please your father, but you have to realize that compromises have to be made sometimes. You brought your husband with you, so why don't you ask him how business works, yeah?"

    "She doesn't have to ask me," Kihyun's tongue was piercing and fast in his retort. Leaning forward, his arms rested upon the table's surface, jaw clenching and eyes narrowing as his lips curled into a haughty smile. "Yoo Eunji is a every man's dream wife, but Kim Eunji is the businesswoman that evokes fear into those same men's hearts."

    Eunji felt her heart flutter upon hearing his heartfelt statement. 

    She knew that they were supposed to pretend to like each other, but his words sounded too genuine for the sake of a facade. Swallowing her heart that tried forcing its way up , Eunji slid her hand to his - another chill frosting her already iced spine when his fingers immediately hooked with her's before raising the back of her hand to his mouth as he pressed a kiss against the skin there. Kihyun had done it so naturally that it was almost as if he had held and kissed her hands a million times prior, and the way he did it without his concentration faltering from the man sat before them, caused the breath to hitch in .

    "I understand you love your wife, but there's really no choice - businesswoman or not, she and her family have to accept the revisions if they want to be partners," Bianchi's tone had slowly transitioned from cheerful to cold throughout the duration of their conversation. Kihyun imagined that the current side he saw of the man was his usual one - blunt, but sly - like a spider who wraps its prey in silk before offering a slow death. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter