Emerald Throne (Part 2)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Mark/Yi-En (GOT7) x Ara Li (Reader) x Yoongi (BTS)

URL: SMTownR

Trope: Romance, Drama, Jealousy

AU: Historical!AU

TW: N/A

Song Suggestion: Like Someone in Love, Bruno Major

Plot: Yi-En and Ara serve as personal bodyguards to protect Min Yoongi, the Crown Prince. Through their time working together, Yi-En and Ara have developed feelings for each other much to the prince's dismay whose grown to fancy Ara.

Can Yi-En and Ara be together? Or will their love be forbade under Yoongi's emerald-envied rule?

Author's Note: I will be utilizing Mark's other birth name of Yi-En for this story since it fits the AU better. 

_

    "She's mine."

    Yi-En raised a brow upon hearing Yoongi's remark. Turning on his heel as he reentered the room, the stoic male quietly shut the door behind him before directing his attention towards the prince whose flesh hued an emerald green. Yi-En merely sighed.

    "What are you talking about?"

    "Ara," Yoongi deadpanned as he settled upon his chair. "She's mine."

    Yi-En grew quiet at the older male's statement, a bitter sensation staining the tip of his tongue that he held behind gritted teeth. As a royal guard, there wasn't much he could do nor say in the way of defending himself against the crown prince. Yi-En was only supposed to protect Yoongi, not disrespect him, but as time ticked, the royal guard found himself growing more annoyed with each passing second. 

    "My prince," he spoke, hands clenched. "Why do you speak in such a way? Are you under the impression that Ara and I are together?"

    Yoongi's brows raised as a haughty smirk plastered itself across his face, "I know you like her, Yi-En."

    "I do no-"

    "Oh, please," Yoongi interjected before the younger male could finish his retort. "The whole palace knows of your feelings for her, so I'm going to be nice to you and give you some advice, okay? Would you like to hear it?"

    Despite Yi-En's silence, Yoongi rose to his feet with a sigh as he began striding towards the doors his guard stood before. Yi-En felt thin fingers curl around his shoulder as the prince pulled him close, their faces only a few inches apart as he spoke in an almost hushed tone.

    "I'm not usually one to tell people how to live their lives, but I'm telling you this so you stop making a fool of yourself." Pulling him closer, Yoongi's lips nearly pressed against the outer shell of Yi-En's ear as he whispered, "Ara harbors no feelings for you, so move on. Everyone knows this, so it's time for you to open your eyes to the truth."

    With a couple of pats, the smirk upon the crown prince's face twisted deeper as he opened the door in one fluid movement. Disappearing down the hallway, Yi-En continued standing in his original spot - gritted teeth jutting the muscles in his face outwards as white splotches inked his knuckles from tightly fisted hands. Inhaling deeply as his eyes fluttered shut, Yi-En felt his nerves ignite as he exhaled slowly.

    "Don't let him bother you, Yi-En," his voice was a mere whisper as he his heel to exit the building.

    Crisp air welcomed his body, face tingling with autumn's chilling breath as invisible lips peppered kisses against the exposed skin of his face and hands. In the velvety orchestra of an obsidian hued night, the stars that loomed above his head were a silver-shone string section; their lights blinking with each plug of their orbit-stretched cords.

    The night called out to him like a lover offering arms to lie in until dawn set the darkness ablaze. Twigs and leaves snapped and crunched beneath his feet as he trekked through the forest-ridden path just beyond the palace gates. He had to get away, to clear his head. The emotions he felt were ones he hadn't felt in quite some time - not since he had taken an oath to always remain patient and level-headed.

    As he neared the destination fogged within the confines of his mind, Yi-En could hear t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter