Red Ribbons (Part 4)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Kihyun (Monsta X) x Kim Eunji (Reader)

Url: Reader25

Trope: Hate to Love, Soft (later on)

AU: Modern, Vampire!AU, Mafia!AU

TW: One mild curse word and a brief ual-ish insinuation. 

Song suggestion: Moonlight Sonata, Beethoven

Plot: Being in an arranged marriage to a mafia boss is already kind of y, but did I mention he's a vampire, too? Yeah, not so fang-tastic...or is it?

_

    "I can smell your blood."

    Invisible hands constricted the air as the atmosphere seemingly gripped the pair's throats. Kihyun swallowed hard as he anxiously hooked his finger into his shirt collar, pulling the fabric back in an attempt to breathe better despite the persistent feeling of being strangled. He stared at his wife with bated breath.

    "Are you going to say anything?"

    He felt himself growing even more anxious than before as a thin layer of sweat coated his forehead. The absence of words only intensified the heavy atmosphere causing him to heave a sigh in desperation for some sort verbal gesture. Bowing his head a bit, Kihyun rolled his bottom lip between his teeth as he opened his mouth to speak, but only to be cut off by Eunji's sudden eruption of laughter. Immediately his eyes squinted into slits as he glared upon her shaking frame that briefly stabilized to pat his shoulder.

    "Ah, good one!"

    The door popped open as she swung her legs outside of the car, briefly pausing to lean back in as her fingers pinched his cheek, "I almost believed you, to be honest. Your acting is good, Kihyun. Keep that type of spirit up and this investor will harbor no suspicions about our marriage whatsoever."

    As Eunji made a swift exit, Kihyun's mouth fell slightly agape. Staring into the distance, he sighed as he stepped out into the crisp air. Irritation stung his senses as he grumbled to himself, voice barely audible, "If only I were acting."

    Together, the couple linked arms as they entered the restaurant. Immediately a row of hosts and hostesses bowed to the newcomers as the owner approached them with long, bouncy strides. Bowing deeply, the wide-grinned male straightened up as he greeted the prestigious guests.

    "Mr. and Mrs. Yoo," his voice was polite and welcoming as he ran his hands over the carefully stitched seams of his pristine suit. "It's such an honor having you both dine at my establishment tonight. Your guest has already arrived and is currently awaiting you both in the Gold Section of the restaurant that we reserve for our most important customers."

    Kihyun flashed a bright, fang-less smile as he nodded his head once, "Thank you for such genuine hospitality."

    The owner bowed once more before gesturing for the couple to follow as he lead them into the Gold Section. Completely void of other guests, the room was large and extravagant - thick, golden curtains draped over both wide and far-reaching picture windows to compliment colossal white marble pillars that stood tall and proud. A high barrel ceiling harbored several luxurious crystal chandeliers with a particularly cosmic one placed right in the center of the room; the pristinely crafted fixture looming over the guest of the hour.

    Sat at a white clothed round table, an Italian-American man donning a sharp navy blue suit mindlessly poked at the fresh flower centerpiece. Though older - probably aged somewhere in the early to mid-forties range - his face was younger and fresher; almost baby-like with the lack of sharp features. Dark graying hair was slicked back neatly as a soft sheen reflected the gel he probably lathered on an hour or so earlier. As the couple neared closer, his muddy eyes shifted upwards; hand straying away from scratching at his neatly trimmed salt and pepper beard as he rose to his feet with a smile.

    "Ah, hello!"

    Kihyun politely took his extended hand as they shook firmly, a smile twisting his own lips, "Sorry if we kept you waiting."

    "No worries!" The man was rather chipper as he took a moment to gaze upon Eunji before bowing before her with one hand craned behind his back. Taking her hand in his, he placed a lingering kiss to the top of her skin before flashing a flirty smile, "I don't mind."

    A light blush tinged Eunji's already rosy cheeks, Kihyun silently spectating in mild distaste. in a breath, he braved a chipper expression as he gestured towards the man's chair before pulling his wife's out.

    "Shall we sit?"

    As everyone settled, a finely dressed waiter began pouring perfectly chilled red wine into tall sparkling glasses. A small frown twisted Kihyun's face unbeknownst to him as he warily eyed the scarlet liquid. Despite his appetite for blood, red wine was (shockingly) where he drew the line; always stating one way or the other that such a drink - especially red - was merely mocking blood. 

    Faux sang, as he liked to call it - or at least tried to. French was never really his forte, but regardless, his distaste for red wine still stood. Eunji knew this, so perhaps that's why she politely asked the waiter if he could bring some champagne. She had said that she wanted it for celebratory drinks after the investor signed the contract, but Kihyun knew better once her manicured nails immediately popped the cork open to pour him a glass of the sparkling liquid before business had even been mentioned.

    She had done it in an effort to be amiable towards her husband despite their loathing. On any other day, he probably would've believed she had actually wanted the bubbly for such a special occasion, or maybe not even had ordered it at all considering her distaste towards the bubbly alcohol. Even the gesture being done out of kindness was unusual considering they both made special efforts to torment each other. 

    During their shared meals in private, she always kept red wine b her glass and in return, Kihyun drank fresh blood as messily as he could whilst maintaining a natural composure; almost as if the scarlet droplets that ran down his chin were accidental. In public, however, the bloodsucker would order champagne and swish it in his mouth a few times as he deviously eyed his wife who would gla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter