Red Ribbons (Part 2)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Kihyun (Monsta X) x Kim Eunji (Reader)

Url: Reader25

Trope: Hate to Love, Soft (later on)

AU: Modern, Vampire!AU, Mafia!AU

TW: N/A 

Song suggestion: Silence, Beethoven

Plot: Being in an arranged marriage to a mafia boss is already kind of y, but did I mention he's a vampire, too? Yeah, not so fang-tastic...or is it?

_

    Kihyun sat at the head of the long, exotic wooden table.

    Outside, the glowing sun was radiant and crisp as half of its body sunk into the horizon. The sky was tinged a striking burnt orange and wine red - resulting in the empyrean to appear as though it was bleeding. Inside, shut off from the natural beauty, the Yoo family's vampiric mafia sat in a candlelit room located in the basement of the 50,000 square foot French styled mansion.

    The mob boss sat relaxed - elbows resting atop either side of the large chair's rests. Delicately, yet firmly his thin fingers entwined with each other as his hands joined just below his chin. Eyes piercing and expression cold, he waited until the last of his crew arrived before clearing his throat.

    "Let's get into it, shall we?"

    With a snap of his fingers as he leaned forward, Shownu, his right hand man, quickly sprawled a large blueprint across the span of the table with a soft flopping sound. Motioning towards the print, Kihyun tilted his head slightly, "Do any of you know what you're looking at?"

    The room remained muted as several pairs of eyes exchanged questioning glances. Kihyun scanned the space with his own dark ones before gesturing towards Shownu who merely gave a nod before straightening out his back, hands clasped in front of him.

    "This is a blueprint for the new restaurant Mr. Yoo is building."

    A collective of short ooh's and ahh's echoed through the wide room. Kihyun cracked a small smirk as his focus shifted upon Jooheon, one of his proteges, who spoke cautiously.

    "What's the purpose of this restaurant exactly?"

    There was a pause as the mob boss scanned the sharp eyed male's face whose expression grew visibly anxious under the stare of his boss' chillier one. The other men remained motionless as they waited with bated breath. Jooheon shifted in his chair, throat clearing as he avoided any sort of eye contact with the older male who continued his fixation upon him. 

    "For people to dine at, obviously," Kihyun's words were short and to the point as he flashed a fang-toothed smile at the ink haired male.

    Immediately, the entirety of the mob boss' crew knew the insinuation. Every time a new establishment had been opened by the Yoo family, it usually meant there were ulterior motives. The family wasn't soaked in crime, per say, but their money wasn't always clean, either. 

    As far as illicit substances and various forms of trafficking were concerned, neither the Yoo nor the Kim family had any part in such affairs. In fact, one of the few interests both families shared was their mutual loathing towards such crimes. Respectfully, they utilized their authority to destroy different cartels part-taking in the illicit drug and human trafficking markets. 

    Still, their money wasn't the purest. 

    The Kim's made their profit through high-end companies as well as the foreign investors who took interest in their casinos. The Yoo's, however, took to the under and upper world's underground business as assassins. To maintain their secrets, however, both families worked under the guise of successful businessmen and women with only a handful of outsiders knowing the truth about their mafia connections. 

    Returning to the restaurant, it truly was made for dining, but not all patrons were morally equipped. When building, the Yoo family always ensured a special amulet be installed in a discreet location of each new establishment. The charm attracted fellow supernatural beings, but not any that you'd want to share a meal with, no pun intended. 

    These creatures were truly the worst of the worst - not just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter