Haechan Has a Plan (Part 2)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Mark (NCT) x Jaemin (NCT) x Renjun (NCT) x Haechan (NCT) x Kim Hyerae (Reader)

URL: cookiequeen-

Trope: Friendship, Fluffy Romance, and Slight Angst

AU: High School!AU

TW: N/A

Song Suggestion: Have You Ever Fallen In Love?, Kang Seungyoon (x)

Plot: Mark is cold, Jaemin is warm. Hyerae (reader) loves Mark, Jaemin loves Hyerae. This story might seem like your classic high school romance trope, and it is, but with a twist. Those other stories never had Haechan, but this one does, and he has a plan.

Disclaimer: The events depicted within this story are fictional.

_

    "I'm so sorry!"

    Quickly scrambling to her feet, Hyerae pulled a dazed Jaemin up to his own; his eyes still fixated upon her as she frantically brushed her hands against his uniform jacket. Though she spoke loudly, the words that fell from her peachy lips were a mere garble - almost as if a violinist continued bowing the instrument's strings despite being submerged underwater - as he found himself enticed by her charm. It wasn't until she had handed him his books and smashed lunch-bag that he snapped out of his trance.

    "I-I'm sorry!" He stuttered, skin boiling as red tinged his cheeks. "It was my fault. A-are you okay? I didn't hurt you or anything, did I?"

    Hyerae frantically shook her head as they exchanged each other's belongings. Smile curving her lips, she patted the bag hanging from her shoulder, "No, I'm okay! This helped cushion some of the fall." Eyes widening, she took a step closer as her fingers hovered in front of his forehead, "You have a red mark - oh my God, I'm so sorry!"

    Jaemin merely chuckled, hand raising to shyly rub the back of his neck, "Ah, it's okay! Accidents happen - I should have been more careful."

    Plastic pulled from fabric quietly tore into the atmosphere as Hyerae prepared a small band-aid, smile twisting her lips as she pressed it to his forehead. Jaemin felt his body tense at the sudden contact - his heart's quickening thud booming in his ears. 

    "There!" She beamed before holding up her hand to give him a thumbs-up. "Now no one will see the splotch."

    "Thank you, I really appreciate you - it. I really appreciate your kindness."

    The pair were quiet for a pause as their eyes locked, red dusting both of their faces before Hyerae cleared . Smoothing her hand over her hair, she gestured towards the map clutched between his hands.

    "Do you need help looking for something?"

    "C21," Jaemin replied with a light sigh. "I've been asking around, but so far, no one has helped me."

    Suddenly her eyes lit up, "Ah, how ironic! That's my homeroom as well! Come on, we can walk together!"

    The pair hurriedly jogged to their destination - their bodies entering the room just as class began. Per usual first day tradition, the teacher had requested for Jaemin to stand up and introduce himself to his peers to which he did in a bit of a timid, but amiable fashion. 

    After returning to his seat, the teacher began his lesson, but Jaemin hadn't heard a single word uttered from the graying male's mouth. Instead, dark eyes fixated themselves upon his reflection in the window he sat next to - the lemon yellow band-aid Hyerae had placed upon his forehead slightly gleaming under the sun's rays that shone upon his face. A small sigh escaped Jaemin's lips, head leaning against his left palm as his eyes followed the path to where Hyerae sat.

    He noticed the way her bottom lip poked out as her hand furiously flew across the notebook pages she quickly jotted notes upon. Stray strands of hair draped the outline of her face, ponytail occasionally swaying back and forth each time she flipped to a new page. Another sigh fell from his lips that a smile curved upon.

    She really is beautiful, he thought to himself.

    Time seemed to pass in hyper-motion as Jaemin found himself sitting outside in the courtyard, back resting against a tree as he quietly read a book. Lunch period had commenced and despite the grumbles that rumble

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter