2/14 (Part 3)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Stray Kids' Chan, Woojin, Hyunjin, and Yeonha (reader) (mostly 3rd person POV)

Url: water_lilies

Trope: Fluff, Angst, Friendship

AU: High School!Skz

TW: N/A

Song suggestion: Scrape My Face On The Pavement, Shinigami (feat. $hy)

_

    As the sun rose, so did Yeonha.

    Soft light peeked through the slits of her blinds that were mostly hidden by cascading curtains. Eyelids fluttering open, her line of vision immediately met the alarm clock on her night stand - 6:48 AM. She was going to be late.

    Jumping out of bed, she frantically ran to the bathroom to begin her morning ritual. Quickly, she brushed her teeth and washed her face before moving to fix her hair into the usual style she donned daily. Stomach growling, she sighed as she applied a coat of clear gloss to her light pink lips - she wasn't going to have enough time to eat. With a smack of her lips, she gave herself one final look in the mirror before racing back to her bedroom; ripping her pajamas off and slipping into her school uniform. Hoisting her messenger bag over her body, the frantic female ran to the front door, struggling to slip her shoes on in the process, as she called out to her family, "I'm leaving now!"

    Before her mother could ask her why she was leaving so late, Yeonha slipped through the door and began her semi-short trek to the school. Breathing heavy and ragged, she continued running, cursing to herself as the bitterly cold February air chilled her body; a contrast from the previous day's weather. Tucking her arms under her chest, she continued running, head facing downwards to protect her face from the frigid air. As she neared the school, the roof of the massive building peeking its head over the hill it sat atop, a hand suddenly clasped onto Yeonha's bicep; pulling her into the cafe that was a usual hot-spot between her and her classmates. Eyes wide, she quickly pulled her arm away, eyes darting upwards as they met the doe-like ones she had been avoiding.

    "What are you doing?"

    A smile crept onto the lips of the being standing before her as a shrug lifted their shoulders, "I saw you running and thought I'd pull you inside to finish our talk from last night."

    "There's nothing to finish," her voice was shaky as she tried to catch her breath, chest lifting  and falling with each heavy inhale and exhale. The smile twisting Chan's lips only grew wider as he tilted his head, "On the contrary, there's a lot to talk about, so don't deny it. Just give me a few minutes, please? You're already late, so what's the big deal?"

    Thinking for a moment, Yeonha stared at him. Although he wore a smile, his usually cheerful eyes were downcast; the muscles in his face tense, signalling that the up-twisted corners of his mouth were forced. Sighing, she motioned towards a table in the corner, "Lead the way, Chan."

    The soft-haired boy did as he was instructed, slipping his hand into her's as he lead. A slight blush tinged her cheeks; heart skipping a beat at the sudden skin-ship. Biting her lip, she semi-reluctantly pulled away as she sat down across from him. Swallowing hard, she focused her attention upon the table cloth; fingers fiddling with the smooth, lace-edged material. For a moment, there was silence - complete and total muteness. Awkwardness engulfed the atmosphere surrounding them; Chan clearing his throat as he attempted to break the tension. 

    "So, you and Woojin, huh?"

    Yeonha's eyes slowly lifted as she peeked at him through the tops of her lashes. The expression he wore was familiar, but she had only ever seen it once. Eyes completely crestfallen, hazed over with a certain sadness. His plump lips sunk in to themselves as he gnawed on the delicate flesh anxiously. The way his chest heaved ever-so-slightly showed signs of troubled breathing, throat clicking as he cleared it. Her gaze shifted towards his hands sitting upon the table; knuckles white as he gripped the cloth.

    Identical, she thought. This is exactly how he looked when I broke up with him. 

    "Chan," her voice was soft, "get to the point."

    "That is my point."

    "No it's not," she snapped. "Stop stalling - say what you have to say."

    Cue another awkward silence. The two ex-lovers sat there, silently peering at one another with racing minds. Blinking, Yeonha was the first to shift her eyes away from his penetrable stare; clearing as she gathered her bag. Rising to her feet, she prepared to leave, but his broken voice froze her in her tracks.

    "Why don't you love me anymore?"

    A soft sob began filling the air behind her; the tears Chan had been trying so hard to contain finally spilling over. A strong sense of grief washed over her body as she closed her eyes; the sting of her own welling tears burning as she clenched her fists. As if a movie reel had replaced her thoughts, me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter