Beary Bean Cafe (Final)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Shownu (Monsta X) x Jang Hanna (Reader)

Url: ann1914

Trope: Fluff, Comfort

AU: N/A

TW: N/A

Song suggestion: She's in the Rain, The Rose

Plot: Shownu was supposed to meet Jooheon at a new cafe/shop but when he arrived, all of the seats were taken. However, he finds a table where only one person (Hanna) sat alone, so he decided to excuse himself and sit across from her to wait for his friend. Hanna was in such deep thought about life's troubles that she didn't notice the appearance of her silent companion until much later.

_

    For a moment, the atmosphere was still - a certain sereneness gracing the humid air. But then, as a flash of lightening snapped its fingers, Hanna felt as the rain seeped in through her cardigan clad body to pepper her flesh with wet kisses. Mouth falling agape, her neck craned upwards as she peered at a doe-eyed Shownu.

    "What the hell?"

    Shownu merely stood there wearing his usual bear-like expression. For a brief moment, he gestured towards the umbrella shielding his body, "I suppose I'm in a better situation than you at the moment, yeah?"

    Hanna shook her head in shock - words stumbling and catching at her tongue's tip as she produced only mumbles and incoherent sounds. With an innocent smirk, he pulled the umbrella's lever, closing it, as his body reacquainted itself with the moody weather. in a breath, the bewildered female finally broke free from her prior gibberish.

    "What are you even doing? What is the point in all of this?"

    The broad shouldered male merely smiled before raising his hands level with his head, palms facing the sky, "What do you notice about the rain?"

    Hanna huffed, "Oh my - are you really going back to that? Are you insane, for sure?" 

    In response, Shownu flashed her a cheeky smile that caused his dark orbs to become barely visible through crescent-shaped eyes. The rain soaked deeper into their clothes as more by-passers shot them questionable looks. Cherry red dusted the wide-eyed female's cheeks, but she was unsure whether the discoloration was linked to embarrassment or the weather. 

     Considering his question, she took a moment to peer around the surrounding area. The rain was wet - that was obvious, but clearly he was trying to get her to delve deeper. Gnawing on the inside of her cheek, she felt dryness return her body as he stood before her again; the umbrella propped above both of their bodies. 

    "I understand that I'm supposed to think harder, but..."

    Slowly, her words trailed off as she focused upon a nearby restaurant's neon sign. The flashing lights matched the same rhythm of the raindrops that slightly blurred her vision each time they dripped into her eyes. in a breath, she quickly wiped at her forehead with the back of her hand, eyes still fixated upon the sign. 

    "Tell me about your struggles again," his voice was soft as he noticed the evolution in her expression.

    "I was fired from my job and lost the love of my life," her voice was shaky as she cleared before continuing. "I've just - I've always had trouble finding my place in this world. It always felt like - like I was rejected or maybe, I wasn't living my life to the fullest potential."

    "Everything I've done," she continued as tears threatened to fall from her eyes, "has been almost --- meaningless. Everyday I wake up and live through the same routine as if I'm a song on an auto-repeated playlist." Swallowing hard, Hanna's eyes shifted from the sign to a young couple walking together. Immediately, she felt her heart twinge, "I just - there's a lot of unresolved emotions I'm feeling."

    Shownu quietly listened to her, line of vision completely fixated upon her the entire time she spoke. Slowly, he nodded his head as he briefly broke his silence, "We all have regrets - regardless of who we are and how different each of our stories are, we all have done or said things we wish we hadn't."

    "I understand that, but it doesn't make anything better," she grumbled a bit bitterly.

    A small smile curved his lips as he placed the umbrella in her hand before walking away. Blinking rapidly, the young woman merely watched in confusion as he made his way towards a nearby street vendor. Hanna watched as he quickly, but carefully combed through the decently sized selection of both vibrant and earth toned blankets. Furrowing her brows, she watched as he quickly paid the the elderly owner before returning to where they stood. 

    "The rain exists to remind us that there will be grey days," his words were as soft as the blanket that he wrapped around her shoulders. Eyes closing, Hanna relished in the instant warmth the honey colored blanket gifted her wet and slightly trembling body. She felt as Shownu took the umbrella's handle into his fist so she could hug the thick and fluffy piece of material closer to her figure. 

    "Additionally, the sun exists to remind us that there will be bright days," he continued. "Both, however, co-exist with each other to teach us that we have to have the gloomy days to appreciate the warm ones."

    Gesturing towards the umbrella and then the blanket, Shownu explained, "However, umbrellas and blankets - raincoats and boots, tarps, and so forth weren't only created to shield us from bad weather, but serve as reminders that we can still seek and find help." 

    Hanna tilted her head, "In other words: No matter how bad a storm is, we can always find posi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter