Triple J (Part 4)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Johnny (NCT) x Jeonghan (Seventeen) x Joshua (Seventeen) x Althea (Reader)

Url: mj_pa13

Trope: Fluff

AU: College

TW: N/A

Song suggestion: Adore U, Seventeen (Vocal Unit Version)

Summary: Three love interests, three separate plots, but only one of the J's will be chosen.

_

    "Tell me about yourself."

    Joshua posed the question in a light manner before taking a sip of the cold hazelnut brew waiting to buzz his senses. Althea twisted her head back and forth, fingers tapping against the plastic lid of her fruity tea as she contemplated an answer. 

    "Ah, where do I start?"

    The pair were sat across from one another in a decently lit cafe. Bright lemony yellow shaded the walls leaving a sort of ghostly citrus taste to tickle the back of each customer's throat. White wooden tables scattered the area with matching chairs; each surface garnished with a vibrant blue floral centerpiece potted in a small silver bucket. Matching colored tile swept against the floor adding a pop of contrast that made Althea's head spin as she took another sip of the raspberry infused drink.

    "I lived in Japan for eight years because of my dad's job."

    Joshua's brow lifted, intrigued, "Did you enjoy it?"

    "Yeah," she replied with a nod. "The experience was a bit trying at first, but after a year or two, everything fell into place. All of my best friends are there, actually."

    A small wave of sadness rippled her senses as Althea absentmindedly jutted her lips out into a pout. Joshua took another swig of his coffee before briefly pursing his own into a line as he leaned in a bit closer. Two beams reflected in his eyes from the rustic chandelier that hung above them; yellowish white circles seemingly swimming in the dark, cat-like pools.

    "Why didn't you stay?"

    There was a short pause before she caught herself staring. Clearing with an awkward shift in place, Althea managed to formulate somewhat of an explanation, "I don't usually stay in one place."

    Joshua's brow cocked, "You stayed in Japan for quite awhile."

    "Eight years isn't that long."

    Cue another lingering pause before Althea opted to break the silence. Taking another sip of her nearly empty beverage, the young woman ran a hand through her hair before leaning in as he did. One arm folded upon the table as she rested her chin in her opposite hand, Althea peered upon him intently, "Your turn."

    Feeling his skin grow hot under her gaze, Joshua tried his best to remain level-headed. Reaching forward, long fingers gently pinched blue petals as he toyed with the centerpiece - partially in attempt to play off the cherry lightly dusting his cheeks from the way she left his heart feeling weak, but also because he felt bashful whenever someone asked about his life. 

    "Ah," he began and then grew mute, words consumed by thought. 

    Althea quietly finished her drink with a clunk as ice cubes knocked into one another. Joshua took note of this as he gestured his hand towards the cup, "They have half-priced refills." 

    Raising a brow, a small smile curved her lips as she rose from the chair, "I'm going to get another one then." Smoothly, she sent a playful wink, "Be ready to tell me about yourself when I return, yeah?"

    Joshua's face burned more as his blush deepened. Smoothing out her shirt, Althea sauntered up to the counter as she patiently waited for one of the employees to notice her presence. Slightly her head tilted to the side as she admired one barista in particular.

    Short bleached hair with a center part framed his delicately masculine features. Thin circular-framed glasses accentuated large rounded eyes that matched the dark roast coffee he prepared so attentively. Almost absentmindedly he rolled his pink bottom lip between pearly teeth, well-defined jawline protruding with such movements. As pretty hands continued working so skillfully, he peeked up at Althea from his eyeglasses. 

    "May I help you?"

    Subtle was the accent that clung onto his tongue as he spoke in a bit of nasally, but charming tone. A polite smile upturned the corners of his mouth as he wiped his hands against the citrus yellow apron tied against his white button-up shirt clad body. Althea swallowed her awe as she pushed the emptied plastic towards the alluring male, "Can I have a refill, please?"

    With a simple nod, he took the cup before turning his back towards her as he quickly maneuvered the tea machine stationed towards the middle right of the workstation. Sneaking another peek, Althea noticed how neatly he presented himself in carefully irone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter