Rooftop Princess (Part 2)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Jennie and Lisa (Blackpink) x Ira Zein (Reader)

Url: LeeJiseung

Trope: Fluff, Angst, Slice of Life, (later on)

AU: College!AU

TW: N/A

Song suggestion: Beautiful Feeling, Day6

Disclaimer: While the locations mentioned in this story are real, the events depicted are fiction. I also highly suggest Googling a photo of the place mentioned in this story because words cannot capture its essence. 

_

    "What is this place called again?"

    Ira posed the question as she sat across a small round table from Jennie who forked a heap of cake into . Chewing for a moment, the bright eyed female daintily tucked her long locks behind her ears before taking a quick sip of iced water.

    "Garden of the Morning Calm," she spoke as she stabbed the fork into another bite of cake, but this time, reaching forward as she pressed the vanilla sponge against Ira's lips. "It's a botanical arboretum that's supposedly beautiful all year round, but especially so during the summer when everything is in bloom."

    Trying her best to ignore the scarlet dusting her cheeks, Ira accepted Jennie's offering; chewing the cake a bit longer than anticipated as she struggled to swallow the dessert as invisible hands s their way around . Anxiously running her fingers through her hair, Ira heaved a sigh as she leaned back into the wooden chair.

    "It's just a bunch of plants," her voice was a grumble. "How pretty can it really be?"

    Brow dipping, Jennie's eyes shot daggers at her best friend, "What do you have against gardens?"

    "Nothing," Ira retorted as she dug her own fork into the cake, taking another bite as her shoulders lifted into a shrug. "I just don't see how it can be so great. It'll probably be like that one garden you and I visited back home."

    A brief flashback reeled through Jennie's mind. Their city had announced a grand opening of a "mega-garden" with "exceptionally exquisite" flowers and trees. On opening day, however, the mass of people who gathered to experience the supposed beauty were struck with shock upon seeing the actual finished product.

    A couple of spindly trees with browning leaves placed here and there as a few bundles of generic flowers in cheap pots littered the area. The space, itself, wasn't very large - probably the standard size of a children's playground, so definitely not "mega" in any regard. The "exceptionally exquisite mega-garden" really wasn't all that grand.

    A frown formed upon Jennie's lips as she slowly set the fork upon the plate. Ira noticed the sudden shift in her mood, instantly feeling remorseful. Trying her best to wear a cheerful expression, Ira reached forward as she grasped onto her best friend's shoulders.

    "I didn't mean to make you upset." Panic began sitting in as she gave the puffy cheeked, pouty lipped female a gentle shake. "Please don't be sad!"

    Jennie's frown purposely deepened as her puppy dog eyes sadly stared up at her friend. Huffing a slight sigh, Ira pressed each of her forefingers against the corners of Jennie's mouth as she made an upwards curving motion. Wearing a smile of her own, Ira's voice raised an octave as she tried her best to act cutely.

    "Jennieeee!" She cooed. "Please don't be mad at Ira-bear, yeah? We're going to have a great time and I'm sure this Garden of the Calm Morning - er, Calm Night? Night Calm? Morning Calm?" Cue a pause as she nodded once. "Morning Calm! Yeah, that's it! I'm sure it will be as magnificent as you say it is!"

    Slowly, a genuine smile began twisting Jennie's lips as Ira pulled back to relax in her seat. Dimples seemingly indenting deeper, her eyebrows raised, "You think so?"

    Nodding once, Ira took another bite of the cake before swallowing hard. Anxiously, she ran her fingers through her short locks as she worded her next statement carefully.

    "Of course." Shifting in her seat, Ira's eyes rai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter