Haechan Has a Plan (Part 1)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Mark (NCT) x Jaemin (NCT) x Renjun (NCT) x Haechan (NCT) x Kim Hyerae (Reader)

URL: cookiequeen-

Trope: Friendship, Fluffy Romance, and Slight Angst

AU: High School!AU

TW: N/A

Song Suggestion: Chewing Gum, NCT Dream 

Plot: Mark is cold, Jaemin is warm. Hyerae (reader) loves Mark, Jaemin loves Hyerae. This story might seem like your classic high school romance trope, and it is, but with a twist. Those other stories never had Haechan, but this one does, and he has a plan. 

Disclaimer: The events depicted within this story are fictional.

_

    Pale yellow walls ricocheted garbled words and muffled laughter. Screeches of metal-legged chairs scraping against nickel colored tile ripped through the atmosphere as busy bodies bustled to find their partners. The teacher watched his students with tired eyes, yawn escaping his lips as he moved from the podium he rested against to his own desk where he sat down with a heavy sigh.

    "Mark!"

    Bronze bangs brushed against matching brows as the boy in exclamation raised his head from his phone, face lacking any expression as his childhood friend bounded towards him with a grin. Mark merely blinked as she sat down beside him, her arms wrapping around his right one in a slight embrace.

    "Hey Hyerae," his tone was flat as he returned to his cell phone, a slight pout forming upon the young female's lips.

    Clearing , she shook his arm a bit with a forced smile, "Don't you think we should work on our project? The assignment is due this week."

    Mark merely shrugged, eyes remaining glued upon the phone screen a few seconds longer before a sigh escaped his mouth. Stubbornly he pulled his backpack into his lap as he pulled his arm from her grasp to begin searching for the binder holding all of their work. The rustling of papers sliding against each other were the only words spoken between the pair before a thud echoed against the wooden table, breaking Hyerae from her daze.

    "There," he sighed. "I already finished the first set of questions, so answer the second half."

    Hyerae nodded as she pulled the binder before her, a small frown twisting her lips as she read the first question. Teeth gnawing upon her bottom lip, the confused female anxiously tapped her pen against the surface; a rhythmic ting ringing into the atmosphere. Mark gritted his teeth.

    "Can you stop?"

    Hyerae peered up at him with slightly widened eyes, "Huh?"

    Gesturing towards the pen, he pushed his glasses higher upon his face with a scowl. As she continued to absentmindedly drum, his fingers grabbed the opposite end of the ballpoint, "The tapping - it's bothering me."

    "You're bothering me," a new voice retorted semi-bitterly.

     Peering up, the pair bestowed their eyes upon Haechan, Hyerae's second closest friend after Mark. A small smile curved her lips as she watched him pull up a chair in front of their table before settling down with a huff. Body pressing against the back of the seat, his arms folded atop the backrest as he shot Mark a glare.

    "Can't you tell that she doesn't understand the question?"

    Brows raising, Mark raised a hand into the air as his shoulders lifted into a shrug, "And? The tapping is making me nervous. If she needs help, all she has to d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter