Beary Bean Cafe (Part 3)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Shownu (Monsta X) x Jang Hanna (Reader)

Url: ann1914

Trope: Fluff, Comfort

AU: N/A

TW: N/A

Song suggestion: Your Heart is Where This Started, harvest

Plot: Shownu was supposed to meet Jooheon at a new cafe/shop but when he arrived, all of the seats were taken. However, he finds a table where only one person (Hanna) sat alone, so he decided to excuse himself and sit across from her to wait for his friend. Hanna was in such deep thought about life's troubles that she didn't notice the appearance of her silent companion until much later.

_

    "Would you like to talk about what's bothering you?"

    Pausing for a moment, Hanna stared at the man sat across from her. Biting her lip, she heaved a sigh; the pitter-patter of the rain outside steadily growing louder. Part of her felt reluctant considering he was practically a stranger, but maybe that's what she needed? No judgement or need for validation.

    She felt her heart lurch .

    Was she really going to tell this man all of her troubles?

    Hanna felt a lump form in as she contemplated her next move - weighing the pros and cons of the situation at hand. On the positive spectrum, she would be able to vent to a complete stranger, but on the opposite end, she was venting to a complete stranger. How did she know he wouldn't bare any judgments? 

    "A-are you sure?" 

    Her voice was strangled as she cleared the mass in . The man before her merely smiled with a slight nod of his head. Heaving a sigh, her nose scrunched as she continued thinking about the situation - if she was really going to go through it and if so, where would she even begin? It had been so long since someone actually listened - let alone offered - to lend an ear to her problems, so she was a bit rusty on finding the correct words. 

    "No judgement?" 

    "No judgement," Shownu's words were genuine as he lifted his pinky finger into the air, earning a cocked brow from the female before him. Nodding towards his gesture, she tilted her head, "What are you doing?"

    "I'm pinky promising that I won't ridicule you," he stated innocently.

    A small smile curved the edges of her peachy lips as her own little finger linked together with his for a moment before pulling away. Anxiously, her leg bobbed up and down under the table as her fingers moved to push her hair back; the digits resting there for a moment. Hyping herself up, she nodded as her eyes met his gentle ones - he was oddly inviting.

    "Have you ever thought about life?"

    Her words were a bit shaky as she tried to steady her breathing. The man before her merely blinked once before shrugging, "Naturally."

    "Do you ever think about your purpose?"

    "My purpose?"

    Hanna nodded, "Yes, your purpose."

    Shownu reeled back in his seat as he pondered her question. Honestly, he hadn't ever delved deep into his life's meaning. He knew he loved to sing and dance - both were his passions - but other than that, the query had never really entered his mind. If it had, well, it hadn't hung around to sit and chat over a cup of coffee.

    "I suppose," his words were slow, eyebrows furrowed as his lips puckered outwards. "My purpose is to entertain others and bring them joy."

    "What about your own joy?"

    Hanna watched as his long, slim fingers smoot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter