The ABC's of Bees and Love Letters (Part 2)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Jooheon (Monsta X) x Jang Hanna (Reader)

Url: ann1914

Trope: Fluff, Comedy, Romance

AU: School!AU

TW: N/A

Song suggestion: White Sugar, Monsta X

_

    The bus ride was fairly short. 

    Hanna awoke to the sound of Jooheon blowing on her ear as he repetitively poked her cheek. Slowly her eyelids fluttered open as she caught his forefinger mid-tap; his eyes widening before a dimply grin spread across his face.

    "Good morning!" His fingertips excitedly danced across her forehead. "Again!"

    A yawn stretched Hanna's mouth as she stumbled onto her feet. Head tilting back, exhaustion spread through her body as she rubbed the back of her neck. Jooheon studied her mannerisms closely, smile quickly twisting into a concerned frown as he reached forward to grasp his best friend's free hand.

    "Are you okay?"

    Eyes snapping open, Hanna quickly nodded as she leveled her head. Focus shifting upon the sharp featured male, she managed a smile before giving his hand a squeeze.

    "Yeah, I'm okay." Cue another yawn. "Just tired."

    As the pair exited the bus, Jooheon slipped both bags over each of his shoulders as he centered himself in front of her, walking backwards.

    "Why are you so tired? Have you not been sleeping well?" Suddenly, his arching eyebrows and 'O' shaped mouth suggested that he had come to revelation. Head tilting, he eyed Hanna suspiciously, "You've been staying up all night reading again, haven't you?"

    Hanna peered off into the distance as she fixed her already tidy uniform, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

    "Hanna!"

    "What?" She pushed her glasses closer to her face, maintaining a stone-esque expression. "I have no recollection of such events. What is this 'reading' you speak of? A form of dance, perhaps?"

    Jooheon's snorting mixed in with the loud chatter and clatter of bustling bodies as the duo entered the building. A small smirk twisted his lips as he shook her backpack in the air, brow  raising curiously.

    "So if I open this, I definitely won't find any reading material in here, right?"

    Though Hanna eyed Jooheon warily, her expressionless expression never faltered. Slowly, her fingers combed through black-inked strands, throat clearing.

    "Precisely, yes."

    Piercing eyes only intensified as he squinted, "So I definitely won't find that science fiction novel you've been reading? You know, the one about the zombies and the cats." His finger tapped once against his chin in thought, "What was it called? Something like --- The Purrrty Dead, I believe?"

    Immediately her eyes widened as she grabbed her bag from his hands, clutching the espresso hued material against her chest in a protective manner. Fingers curling around the small, pale blue bear charm attached to the zipper, Hanna realized her obvious reaction as her vision focused upon Jooheon's playful smirk. Slowly, she straightened out her back before calmly strapping her bag to her body; face ever-so-slowly returning to its prior blank guise. 

    "I have no idea what you're talking about."

    Another yawn threatened to fall from her lips, but she quickly stifled it - swallowing hard as tears brimmed the edges of her eyes. Jooheon merely raised a brow before shaking his head, "Get more sleep tonight, okay?"

    Instantly she nodded, "I will."

    Per usual, the pair bid a brief farewell as they reached the end of the forked hallway. Since Jooheon was a year ahead of Hanna, he took the right-sided path where a group of older classmates awaited his arrival as his best friend veered to the left. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she felt her heart twinge.

    It was always a bit disheartening when she and Jooheon couldn't see each other. He was her best friend, and while she did have her own small group of acquaintances and close pals, it was Jooheon that she felt most comfortable around. Perhaps it was due to their long running history.

    Childhood friends, they grew up doing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter