Red Ribbons (Final)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Kihyun (Monsta X) x Kim Eunji (Reader)

Url: Reader25

Trope: Hate to Love, Soft  

AU: Modern, Vampire!AU, Mafia!AU

TW: Mention of death/suicide, substance abuse, and parent-related issues. Also insinuation of love making towards the end, but nothing explicit, so I don't believe it should marked as 'M' or anything. 

Song suggestion: Clair de Lune, Debussy 

Plot: Being in an arranged marriage to a mafia boss is already kind of y, but did I mention he's a vampire, too? Yeah, not so fang-tastic...or is it?

Disclaimer: The events portrayed within this story are entirely fictional.

_

    White light poured in through the slit between matching colored curtains to kiss the sleeping woman's face. Once tranquil, Eunji stirred in her spot - hands flying up towards her eyes that scrunched under the bright ray's gleam. As she turned her head opposite of the stream, a quiet sigh escaped swollen lips as her hands lurched towards the area adjacent to where she laid that had long grown cold from the absence of an equally chilled body. Eyelids snapping open, the messy haired woman felt her heart twinge with a foreign feeling.

    Remorse? Grief? 

    Neither. 

    She hadn't regretted the prior night's unexpected venture - not even in the slightest. Truthfully, Eunji enjoyed every moment - the soft touches to the harder ones, light grasps and inner-aches. The sound of heavy breaths mixing with smacking flesh and the feeling of sweat-slicked skin as their souls unified. Each second was bliss in more ways than one, and Eunji believed her husband had enjoyed the intimacy just as much as she did, but Kihyun's absence overcrowded her mind with opposite assumptions.

    White engulfed her vision, but this time for an entirely different reason as her eyes bore holes into the cream colored ceiling. Sheets swishing back-and-forth as bare legs rustled beneath silk, Eunji groaned as she rolled out of bed and onto her feet that made contact with the cold wooden floor. Pausing for a moment, her eyes shifted towards the long body mirror nestled into the far right corner of the room - eyebrows lifting at the sight of the once-scarlet tinged love-bites turned purple and blue scattered across the span of her body like paint splattered upon a canvas.

    Slowly her fingertips traced the outline of a particularly large one etched upon her neck, smile lifting the corners of her lips as she resumed walking towards the hallway; hands outstretching for Kihyun's black dress shirt heaped upon the floor. Fingers fiddled with buttons as she fastened the material against her body - his shirt managing to cover majority of the onyx-haired female's figure as she trailed downstairs into the kitchen. Immediately, her eyebrows knitted together.

    He isn't here? Kihyun never skips breakfast.

    Eunji's mind that began swirling caused her to steps to become more frantic and quick as she searched the mansion top to bottom for her bloodsucking husband. It wasn't until she stood in the middle of his office that she groaned loudly before air caught in causing her to choke on a bit of saliva.

    "Where the hell did he go?"

    Shaking her head, Eunji slowly retraced her steps from the basement - up as she threw herself upon the plush bed with a soft plop. Golden eyes resumed to staring at the bedroom's ceiling as her mind traveled into a land of mixed thoughts and feelings where emotions both ran dry and overflowed from curiosity's cup. 

    Where could he have gone? Had she done something wrong? Said something in her sleep, perhaps? Did the intimacy not live up to his expectations? Had she scared him away? 

    She shook her head.

    Why did she care so much? Why was his absence affecting her in such a constricting manner? The way her heart felt - why did it ache? And the feeling that lingered in the pit of her stomach that tingled its way towards the rib-protected artery - why did it effect her breathing? Did she miss him? Is that what she felt? Did Eunji miss Kihyun?

    Impossible, she thought to herself as she to her side. 

    For a moment, her eyes lingered upon the empty spot before her - the sheets still indented with the curves and lines of his body. There was a certain silence that hung in the air - almost like a sudden pause of a really good song or the fuzzy pixels of an image transmitted upon a television in the middle of a storm. 

    Fists balling black material, Eunji toyed with the hem of his shirt that folded atop the bed like spilt oil upon snow as her thoughts continued consuming her brain. She didn't actually hate Kihyun, or at least - not to the extent she had portrayed. Sure, he was annoying and a bit of an , but she had her flaws, too. There were a few times during the beginning of their marriage that he had shown subtle acts of kindness only for her to spit upon his amiability, and he the same with her each time she had tried to make amends. 

    What it truly boiled down to was fear. Growing up, both spouses lived unique, but vaguely similar childhoods. Eunji had no choice but to focus upon the family's businesses as her mob Godfather of a father forced his only child into learning the ropes of white collar crime. Since the day of her conception, Eunji was burdened with being both a female and the only being her mother could bear. 

    Godfather Kim wanted a son who would follow in his footsteps, and had wished and prayed for one so much so that his fist nearly broke into the hospital's drywall upon seeing the pink blanket that swaddled his daughter's tiny, infant body. Guidelines as old as time, itself, restricted women from assuming the position of mob boss and directly part-taking in any mafia-related activity, so essentially, Eunji would never be able to take her father's place once he passed on to the next life. All that was expected of her was to marry well and learn how to keep her family's businesses operational so that when the new boss took reign, the facades the Kim mob lived under could continue running smoothly without any hiccups or risk of exposure.

    While Eunji lived a moderately pure life depending upon the eye of the beholder, Kihyun, on the other hand, wasn't granted such cleanliness. To be the son of a coldblooded mob boss who specialized in quick assassinations and slow torture techniques unique to the human realm considering his supernatural lineage was difficult, to say the least. From a young age, Kihyun was taught the basics of murder and forced to lead a life he wasn't sure he truly wanted to live, nor would have if given the chance. 

    Truthfully, he wanted to live a quiet life - one devoid of violence as he lived with the woman he loved in a cabin nestled somewhere deep in the woods away from city civilization. Kihyun had dreamt of raising his own family in an entirely different manner. If he had a son, he would tell him how much he loved him every day and if blessed with a daughter, she would be his little princess. Contrary to his father, Kihyun would dote upon his wife and pamper her with more than just materialistic pleasures. He wanted to be an entirely different man than the one who raised him, but as time passed, his morals and outlook upon life hardened as he grew older and eventually, Kihyun found himself growing into the very being he didn't want to be like: His father.

    With both spouses disconnected from emotion and the knowledge of how to process any feeling besides resentment, hate, and anger, it was no wonder they acted in such cold manners towards each other, but she didn't hate him. Of course, they bickered and annoyed the ever living hell out of one another, but at the end of the day, she found that her thoughts were always consumed by her contractual husband and whether or not he was okay. She would never dare directly ask him, granted because her knowledge of how to go about such a question was limited, but there were many times silent concern gnawed upon the lining of her stomach.

    Unbeknownst to her, Kihyun had felt the same way. Even if he had never directly confessed his intentions to Eunji, everything he did was done in efforts to protect her well being - both physically and mentally. He had seen how his mother's health deteriorated from his father's actions - the choked sobs that echoed from her bedroom when she hadn't drowned her senses in alcohol and popped away her pain with pills. Kihyun remembered how hopeless he felt watching the once vibrant vampire waste her life away and the resentment that followed after her demise from the wooden stake she drove through her own chest in an attempt to escape the darkness that swallowed her whole without taking her son's safety into consideration.

    Kihyun had swore he would never allow Eunji to become like his mother - contractual spouse or not.

    A sudden tap of knuckles softly rapping against wood broke the young woman from her thoughts as Eunji turned to peer at a slightly disheveled Kihyun. Wet hair clung against an equally glistening forehead - his white workout shirt discolored grey as hints of flesh peeked through from his sweaty, tanned torso. Contrary to his appearance, if she were to touch him, Eunji knew his skin would be ice cold - even more so with the massive amount of perspiration drenching his body.

    "Hey," his voice was nearly a whisper. "Did I wake you?"

    Eunji merely shrugged, "I've been awake for awhile."

    Kihyun moved slowly as he entered the bedroom, eyes remaining glued to the floor even after he settled upon the bed's edge. There was a brief pause of silence as the pair sat there in slightly awkward tension. Neither really knew what to do or say, but Kihyun tried his best

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter