Emerald Throne (Part 1)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Mark/Yi-En (GOT7) x Ara Li (Reader) x Yoongi (BTS)

URL: SMTownR

Trope: Romance, Drama, Jealousy

AU: Historical!AU

TW: N/A

Song Suggestion: Slow Dancing in the Dark, Joji

Plot: Yi-En and Ara serve as personal bodyguards to protect Min Yoongi, the Crown Prince. Through their time working together, Yi-En and Ara have developed feelings for each other much to the prince's dismay whose grown to fancy Ara. 

Can Yi-En and Ara be together? Or will their love be forbade under Yoongi's emerald-envied rule?

Author's Note: I will be utilizing Mark's other birth name of Yi-En for this story since it fits the AU better. 

_

    Autumn leaves gleamed a dragon-flame red under the silvery glow of the full moon that hung in the darkened empyrean. The season had arrived like a regal entrance - a timely serenity executed with a slow grace so elegant and crisp, all eyes marveled in unified awe. Though the autumn night was alluring, the true beauty was found inside the palace's vast walls.

    Beyond the sugar-spilt stars and rustling leaves that resembled flames trying to the black marble that loomed over their spindly bodies, sat a beautiful gisaeng. Swift and quick were nimble fingers as she plucked the gayageum resting upon her lap. Her silk hanbok resembled the autumn scene outside - a berry red chima that beautifully complemented the ivory toned jeogori detailed with matching berry toned flowers. 

    The obsidian hued otgoreum, or cloth strings, matched the color of her eonjun meori; the large wig lavishly rolled into emphasized curls decorated with an array of pretty hairpins. Lips stained red like a juicy apple delicately accentuated her lustrous skin. She was the kind of natural beauty poetry doted upon, and everyone knew it.

    Fellow gisaengs scowled upon the woman whose eyes remained closed as she allowed the music to enthrall her senses. High-ranking men, however, tapped their feet as hushed praises of her beauty fell from their lips. One man in particular, however, watched the way her fingers quickly plucked the instrument's strings; awe striking his senses.

    "Isn't she phenomenal?"

    Yi-En slowly shifted his focus from her hands to the man who sat upon the throne adjacent to where he stood. A smile curved the prince's lips as he tapped his fingers against the arms of the extravagant chair, contented sigh escaping his mouth as he nudged his bodyguard with his elbow.

    "Beautiful as well, isn't she?"

    Yi-En remained silent, a nod his only answer. The crown prince continued marveling despite his hand that raised in the air that signaled her to stop. As if on cue, she did - her eyes gleaming as they looked past the prince to Yi-En, his figure confident and strong as his arms that clasped behind his back seemingly widened his shoulders. Returning the gaze, their eyes locked only briefly before shifting elsewhere; the crown prince noticing as a grimace replaced his once cheerful expression.

    "Lovely performance," Yoongi's tone was flat as he clapped once before gesturing for the room to clear out.

    Instantly the officials rose to their feet as they paid their respects to the prince before leaving. The group of gisaengs followed ensue, but Yoongi's raised hand halted them as his forefinger pointed towards the woman who had just performed. 

    "Ara," voice thick, he gestured towards the center of the room. "You stay. I want to hear another performance."

    She merely nodded before returning to her previous spot. Yi-En gestured for the remaining women to leave, the trio waiting for the room to be completely void of others before the stoic male sealed the doors. A sigh immediately escaped Ara's lips, fingernails scratching at her itchy scalp that sweltered beneath the heat-ridden wig. 

    "Thank God." 

    A sigh escaped her lips as she settled upon the floor, arms stretching high above her head with a grunt. Yi-En gazed upon her with a smile as he stood in front of the door, "Tired?"

    "Extremely."

    A short chuckle lingered from Yoongi's lips as he shifted upon his throne, "I will never fully understand how bodyguarding is less tiring for you than playing music, Ara."

    The woman merely shrugged, "I believe I'm better at guarding, therefore I prefer it over the gisaeng lifestyle."

    There was some truth to her remark. Her knowledge in combat was more extensive than her musical ability, but that wasn't to say she was untalented when it came to performing. Ara was the palace's most renowned musician - so much so that high ranking officials throughou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter