050

Him & I

 

Diana leaned against the counter as she looked at her friends interact with her mother, Lina was teaching the boys how to tie Hermes twilly scarfs around bag straps. Not that they really wanted to know how, but they were fascinated at the amount of scarves the two girls owned.

“This is a little something we got for you, auntie.” Ming chirped as she handed an orange box to the elder.

“Food will be ready in a bit,”

Diana glanced behind her, Kris had walked in the house. She smiled and nodded.

“How’s the company, ge?”

“You did a good job cleaning up after my mess. Thanks.” He joked, Diana rolled her eyes at him.

“I mean it, mei. Good job, you should really think about joining me there after you’re finished with school.” Kris said as he took out some wineglasses.

“I’ve been…thinking about flying back to Hong Kong this break.”

Kris nodded back.

“I was planning on going with Lucas.” Diana said carefully, Kris broke into a smile before gently patting her cheek.

“I know. It’s a given.”

Diana chewed on her lower lip before nodding back.

“You don’t have to ask for permission from me, mei. Just tell me what you’re up to or where you’re going, that’s all I ask for.”

“I know, I just wanted you to know before telling my friends.”

“Actually, Lucas is your passport. You can go anywhere, just take him with you.” Kris chuckled, Diana shuddered at his words, he laughed before shooing her off the kitchen counter.

“Haerin will be preparing the salad in a bit. You can go.”

“Ge,”

Kris paused and looked at her.

“Congratulations.” She whispered before squeezing his hand, Kris smiled and thanked her.

“Lucas is at the patio, I think. He was on the phone.” Kris told her, Diana left the kitchen made her way out of the house.

 

 

Lucas leaned over the balustrade and let out a small yawn. He heard the sliding doors open behind him and he turned.

“Are you hiding from the mess inside?” Diana said with a teasing smile as she walked towards him.

“Not really, ma called to check in. She says hi.” He said as he stretched one palm to her and gently grabbed her by the waist.

“Xiaojun just told me that I should wear scarves more often because he’s having fun inside.” She mused, Lucas smiled and leaned over to kiss her cheek.

“I…I spoke with Jaehyun oppa yesterday, he apologized for what happened.”

“Hmm, the oppa ratted you out, how nice.” Lucas said in a mocking tone, Diana sent him a look. He laughed before leaning back on the balustrade behind him.

“Be nice, Wong. He really does feel bad about what happened, I told him everything, you know.” Diana said as she brushed his hair off his forehead.

“Did I ever mention,” Lucas started, his palm still on her back.

“That he asked the guys to help him with you? I mean, he even thought I’d give him a hand too.”

Diana blinked at him, confused.

“Help? What?”

Lucas chuckled and drew small circles on her back before continuing.

“Di, you really had no idea, huh?”

“Is there something you’re not telling me?” Diana could only blink, Lucas smiled and ran his fingers through her hair.

“Lucas,” She mumbled, he laughed again.

“He wanted to make moves on you, I mean, he already was, Diana.”

“Moves? Like..that?” She was surprised and pulled back, Lucas smiled and nodded.

“Oh. I didn’t…know.” She was looking at him, as if trying to squeeze out words.

“It’s fine, you didn’t go to him anyway.” Lucas said airily, Diana swatted him away.

“How could you not tell me all this time? I was always going out with him and yet, not even a heads up from you, even Hendery?”

“If I told you, how would it benefit you, gongzhu?” He said teasingly, Diana flinched.

“But, now that you know this, do not avoid him. You’re gonna act weird again.” Lucas said to her, she sighed before closing her eyes briefly.

“Anyway, Hong Kong?” She spoke, changing the topic, a big grin appeared on his face.

“Yes, home.” He said before leaning down to press his lips against hers.

 

 

“While, I am happy that you took care of that woman, son, but don’t you think that was a little harsh?”

Everyone looked up and glanced at the elder, Kris blinked at his mother before taking a small sip from his wine.

“I don’t think so,” Diana spoke, Lina laughed.

“She kind of had it coming, auntie. I mean, all the mess she made just because she wants Diana to give way to her.” Yang Yang said as he sliced his chicken, Haerin nodded along.

“Well, she did choose to pick a fight with Diana.” She said to herself, Kris shook his head in amusement.

“Auntie, will you be staying here for good?” Hendery asked as he got himself more fruit.

“I am considering it; my two children are here too. But it’s been a while since I was home.”

Diana smiled to herself, she looked up and watched as Lucas and Xiaojun argued over the last slice of beef roast.

“I bet it’s going to be fun, ma. Please stay with us.” Haerin chimed in.

“You should, auntie. Someone has to stop Diana from buying more clothes.” Ming joked, Diana glared at her friend.

“Be nice, Diana.”

“I needed new clothes because~”

“You always need new clothes.” Lucas pointed out with a teasing smile, Diana shut and rolled her eyes.

“Lucas, I heard you and Diana will be going home for the break? Should I be worried?” She asked jokingly, Lucas broke into a smile.

“Maybe? I’m joking, auntie. But it really has been a while since I came home and it wouldn’t be a bad idea to let Diana tag along.”

“Tag along? You asked me to come with you.” Diana shot back, the others smiled.

“Well, a little taste of home wouldn’t be so bad for our young CEO, right?” The elder joked back, Diana sighed.

“It feels like I’m being attacked but they’re all smiling as they do it.” Diana murmured, Lucas grinned at her and bumped the tip of his shoe with hers.

“Well, it’s good you two got back together. I support it.” The elder gushed at them, Diana grimaced while her friends laughed.

 

 

Lucas smiled as he took Diana’s hand, she glanced at him briefly and brushed her hair away from her face. The two were walking around the gardens, while everyone celebrated inside. Haerin just announced that she and Kris were expecting and it got everyone excited.

“You’re quiet. That’s unnerving.” Diana playfully whispered, Lucas chuckled.

“I mean, it’s just…surreal, you know. When school started, we weren’t even talking, Diana. You literally told me to go away.”

“Well, in my defense, I didn’t know what really happened.”

“Exactly, but now when I look at it,” Lucas his lips before continuing.

“We were…a mess, Diana. Wild kids, even.”

“A riot.” She joked, but Lucas glanced at her, begging her to be serious.

“Well, we have had our better moments.” She said with a small smile.

“I’m not saying that we needed that accident to happen, but we needed to learn. Maybe all those years being apart helped us grow.”

Diana paused, her forehead creasing briefly, then she nodded.

“We did need the time apart, huh?” She replied, Lucas smiled and leaned in to kiss the side of her head.

“I still got you back, so, thank you for coming back to me.”

“I was literally forced to fly here.” She pointed out with a shy smile.

“You know what I mean, Di.”

Diana nodded and just hooked arms with him, Lucas smiled and playfully leaned his frame against her.

“I guess, I do.”

“I’m glad you said yes to Hong Kong, I really want you to come with me.”

“Well, we both need home, right?”

Lucas nodded, and then he stood before her, Diana’s brows rose questioningly.

“I mean it, I really needed you to choose me again, Diana. And I’m happy that you did.” Lucas said softly before leaning down to press his lips against hers, Diana smiled as he pulled back.

“Why would I choose somebody else, Wong?” She whispered back, he beamed before taking her hand in his again.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

THE END!! (02.09.2019- 06.23.2019)

 

Thank you so much for loving Diana and Lucas!

 

tumblr_phwwwfFDac1xwy7svo7_r1_400.gif