020

Him & I

Diana watched as the help loaded her brother’s bags into the waiting car, Kris was speaking with Haerin as they stepped out of the house.

“Diana,”

She looked up and grinned at her sibling.

“Don’t worry, ge. I won’t skip class or anything.” She said jokingly, Haerin smiled and shook her head.

“Take care of yourself, don’t stress out Haerin too much, okay?” He spoke as he wrapped her in a tight hug.

“So, a little is okay?” She joked, Kris chuckled.

“I’ll see you when I see you.” Kris kissed the top of her head before turning to his wife, Diana gave him a small wave before walking back to the house, giving the couple some privacy. She made her way back to her room to change, she was about to fix her hair but something caught her eye. She walked towards her desk and set down, she had noticed the small orange box tucked just underneath her last drawer. She picked it up and opened the box, she chuckled as photos of her, Ming and Lina came into light.

“I didn’t know I packed these.” She murmured and then she halted as she came upon a photo of her and him. They were both wearing their school uniforms, it was probably taken during one of their study breaks. Diana was seated on his lap, she was smiling while Lucas stuck his tongue out for the camera.

“We were a mess, him and I.” She murmured before setting the photo away and then she exhaled. And then she stood up, her forehead creased as she chucked the box away.

“Friends. Just friends.” She murmured before going back to her dresser.

 

 

“So, what are you two now? Are things okay?” Hendery asked as they four got to school.

“I..I don’t know.”

“You’re too terrified to ask.” Yang Yang added, Xiaojun nodded along.

“Would you have the guts to if you were in my shoes?” Lucas shot back, the two shut their mouths.

“You did that so effortlessly, becoming her friend and eventually more.” Hendery said to him.

“But this time it’s different, she doesn’t trust me anymore.” Lucas replied, and then they saw Jaehyun and Diana walking together, she was smiling as the male spoke to her.

Lucas’s eyes focused on their interlocked arms, and he looked away.

“You will have to accept that though.” Hendery jutted his lips towards the two, Lucas buried his hands in his pockets.

“I know. I had the chance, but I blew it.”

“No, that was your spot and you let her brother take it from you.”

“Hen~”

“I know, but Lucas, she has a right to know.”

“She’ll just end up being hurt, Hendery. Diana’s been through enough.” Lucas replied.

“You? You’re hurt too, you also lost her.”

“I deserved that.”

“You don’t. You didn’t have to lose her.” Hendery stated before walking away from him, Lucas let out a shaky breath as he looked at the two again.

“You want her back.” Xiaojun spoke, Lucas didn’t look at him before speaking.

“More than anything.”

 

 

“Hey, Diana.” Lucy said as she sat down beside the girl.

“Good morning, Lucy.”

“So, have you thought about topics for the project?”

“Not yet, but I did save some articles online.” Diana spoke to her, Lucy nodded back.

“Hey, about Lucas,”

Diana looked at her.

“He’s quite difficult, huh?” Lucy asked carefully, Diana’s brows rose.

“What do you mean?”

“At first, I was really excited when I found out that we were going to be in the same group together. I’ve always wanted to be friends with him, you know.”

Oh dear god.

Diana mentally sighed.

“Really?”

“To be honest with you, I’ve always had a thing for tall guys with big brown eyes and a gentle smile.” Lucy said bashfully.

Gentle? Lucas? Gentle? Where?

“Ah, really.” Diana had no idea what to reply, before Lucy could speak again they were joined by Junghoon.

“Hi, Diana.” He said with a small smile, Lucy grew amused as she looked at him.

“Hey.” Diana said as she turned to her notebook, she was growing a little dizzy from his perfume.

“I was wondering; are you free this afternoon? How about lunch?” Junghoon leaned in closer, Diana’s lips thinned.

“Hmm, Diana?” Junghoon spoke again, she turned her head and looked around the room.

Lucas and Yang Yang were talking at the back of the room, her eyebrows knit together in annoyance.

“I heard they were serving oxtail soup today.” Junghoon chirped happily. Diana stared at him briefly before speaking.

“I prefer eating alone, I’ll have to pass.” She muttered before closing her eyes, not letting her annoyance show.

Why is he so pushy?

“Di,” A familiar voice called, she looked up. Lucy followed her gaze and she smiled at the tall male. Junghoon eyed the male warily.

“Here, you don’t have to go to the cafeteria today.” Lucas said as he set a brown paper bag before her, Diana blinked at him but he went back to his seat. She opened the bag and found her a sandwich neatly prepared inside, she turned her head to him.

Lucas raised his brows at her, and then she started to move .

Thanks for lunch.

He gave her a thumbs up and their professor walked in.

 

 

Lucas stopped when he noticed Diana walking alone, her backpack hung over one shoulder as she headed for the library. He started to walk towards her, and paused.

He chewed on the insides of his cheeks, he wanted to talk to her. No, he wanted to be always right next to her. But that might suffocate her.

“Diana!”

She paused and turned to him, Diana puffed her cheeks as he jogged towards her.

“What is it now?” She sighed as he joined her, Lucas grinned at her.

“Shouldn’t we discussing about our project? We still haven’t decided on a topic.” Lucas said as he walked with her, and just like old times, he took his backpack from her. Diana paused, she bit on her lower lip before replying.

“Then, what do you have in mind?” She spoke, Lucas hummed and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Hey, Di,” He suddenly spoke again, she faced him, knowing that he was serious.

“Just spit it out, Wong. This isn’t like you.” She said, whatever Lucas was going to say next was going to be intense, she knew it.

“Have you thought about it?”

“What?”

“What are we doing now?” Lucas replied, Diana looked at him, a little confused.

“Are you just talking to me because of this project we have together or…are you okay with us..being friends again?”

“Lucas~”

“Because, Di, let’s face it. You can’t really lie to me. And, I’m fine with whatever you decide on. But I don’t want you to feel…I don’t want you to force yourself talking to me. I just realized that I may have been...too forward that you might be uncomfortable and..so.” Lucas said, and then he looked up to meet her gaze.

“May have been too forward? I yelled at you and here you are, joking around me.” She recited, Lucas glanced at her and he nodded.

“Things will never be the same for us, Wong. And, the thing that happened before, we can’t really forget that. But you’re right,” Diana exhaled.

“I can’t go on hating you forever. We all make mistakes, you were mine. And yours was…disappearing on me.” She said softly, Lucas nodded.

“But, you don’t make me uncomfortable. So, don’t worry about that.”

“A—Are we good now?” Lucas asked, his tone hopeful.

“Like you said, I can’t really lie to you.” She said before extending her hand to him, the expression on his face softened.

Lucas playfully swatted her hand away and just enveloped her in a hug, Diana’s eyes widened but she gently patted his back.

“I’m sorry, Diana. I really am.” He whispered, Diana nodded back, not knowing what to say.

“I’m really glad you’re okay, and healthy.”

“Is that your way of telling me that I gained weight?” She tried to lighten up the mood, Lucas chuckled and pulled away from her.

“Pretty. You always have been.” He stated, Diana rolled her eyes before pushing him away.

“Let’s get to studying and plan for the project, okay?” She shook her head before walking ahead of him, Lucas smiled and followed her, he watched as Diana went up the steps of library building.

Please choose me again.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++