021

Him & I

“So, did you have fun?” Jaehyun asked as he locked the car, Diana nodded back at him.

“I never really got the chance to visit palaces, oppa. I had fun.” She said as Jaehyun offered his arm to her, Diana crossed the street with him.

“Noona suggested those places, now it’s time to eat.” Jaehyun smiled as Diana hooked her arms with his.

“I see you’ve rekindled friendships.”

Diana paused, her brows rose. Jaehyun doesn’t know Lucas. He doesn’t know who Lucas is, and how her brother would react to hearing about him again.

“You call them your Hong Kong boys.” Jaehyun said as they entered the mall.

“Friends from high school, oppa. Just…you know, the few people I actually really got along with.”

“I had a feeling you weren’t the social butterfly type.” He joked, Diana chuckled and nodded, her thoughts went to her brother and she bit on the inside of her right cheek.

“But, oppa,”

“Hmm?” Jaehyun turned to her, they were making their way towards the escalator.

“Can you not..mention this to my brother? I promised him I’d make new friends, you know, and not get stuck on my old circle, since it’s for..the business and all.” She said carefully, Jaehyun tilted his head at her but he nodded back.

“Sure, no problem, Di.” Jaehyun reached out to tuck her hair behind her ear, Diana smiled and nodded.

“Those guys seem to look after you well after all. They’re good.” Jaehyun added as they reached the second floor.

“Yeah.” She replied, and then a message from Yang Yang arrived.

Di, I know you guys are still trying to go back to normal. But, Lucas has a swim meet this afternoon. Wanna join us? He rarely lets us come.

“What do you feel like having? French cuisine?” Jaehyun spoke again, Diana looked up from the screen.

“Anything’s good, oppa.” She said before typing in a quick reply.

 

 

Lucas rotated his left arm again and he flinched, he heard the coach call them from the doors and he stood up. He tossed his shirt back to his locker and followed his other teammates.

“How’s therapy going?” One of his teammates asked him as they stepped out of the locker room.

“Not bad, hyung. But, coach doesn’t seem to think that way.”

“You keep on forcing yourself, that’s bad.” He said chidingly, Lucas shook his head at him.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.”

The male nodded and slapped his shoulder before going to the bench, Lucas looked around, his school colors greeted him as well as cheers from the students. He exhaled and made his way towards the bench, he grabbed a robe before leaning back on his seat.

He pressed his back on the cold metal and closed his eyes, he hadn’t been going to the hospital for weeks now. He had been so caught up with her being back, school starting again and of course, her.

It didn’t seem real, but they were talking again. No, it wasn’t the same. Diana was still careful around him, she wasn’t sure if she would let him again and Lucas felt that. It was kind of crazy how he understood her that way, while most couldn’t get her, he did. And, it was probably the same way for her too, Diana could read him like an open book.

Hell, he was still swimming because of her.

He heard his name being called, he opened his eyes and stood up.

 

 

“Good to have you here with us, Di.” Hendery smiled, and then he faltered when he saw the male behind their friend.

“Sunbaenim.” He greeted Jaehyun, the older male nodded and shook his head.

“We’re here to watch him, oppa.” Diana pointed towards the pool, Lucas was stretching while the coach spoke to him.

“Ah, Wong Yukhei.” Jaehyun read his name on the board, Yang Yang glanced at Xiaojun briefly.

“Yes, him.” Diana nodded back as she sat down, Yang Yang plopped beside her, kicking Hendery aside.

“Did you have lunch?” He asked her.

“We did, have you guys eaten?” Jaehyun answered for her, Yang Yang shook his head.

“We’re planning to grab a bite with Lucas after, sunbae.”

Diana was about to reply when the whistle went off, signaling for competition to start. Diana turned her eyes towards the pool and to where Lucas’s lane was. There six of them competing but she couldn’t help but notice one thing.

Lucas was slow.

Her forehead creased as she compared him with the other swimmers, currently he was probably going to be the third or fourth to finish.

Yang Yang glanced at the girl briefly and he nudged Hendery.

“W—What’s~”

“Do you want something to drink?” Jaehyun turned to her, Diana took a while before facing him.

“Y—Yes, sure, thanks, oppa.”

Jaehyun smiled before leaving the group and going down the steps, Diana turned to the pool again and it was over.

Lucas came in fourth.

 

 

Lucas tossed his swimming cap away before lifting himself off the pool, he exhaled and ran his fingers through his hair.

“What did I tell you?” His coach walked to him and leaned down, Lucas didn’t reply.

“Go to your to therapy sessions. I saw how you paused when your arm started to act up again. That will only hinder you.”

“Lucas, things will get difficult for you if you continue being like this.”

“Yes, coach.” He answered, his tone flat. He stood up, he was about to grab his towel when he spotted his friends in the crowd. And Diana.

He stopped, she was staring at him with confusion in her eyes. For a brief moment his fists curled tightly, and then he saw Jaehyun join them.

He was speaking to her while she looked at him. Lucas bit his lip, not wanting to break away from her gaze. He could hear the questions in her head.

And then her lips started to move.

You did well.

Lucas nodded back before turning for the locker room, he made his way to the showers and changed after.

She’s going to ask questions. Or was she not going to?

That worried him, what was he going to say? Was she going to find out?

Lucas let out a shaky breath and shook his head.

No, you can’t find out. You don’t have to be bothered with this.

He put on his sweatshirts and shoes before picking up his bag, he bid goodbye to his teammates before stepping out of the gym.

“Lucas!” Xiaojun called for him, he looked up and mentally winced when he saw Diana and Jaehyun with his friends.

“I wasn’t expecting the addition.” He said, Diana looked at him before turning to Jaehyun.

“We’re all going out to lunch.” Hendery started.

“You haven’t eaten yet, huh?” Lucas put on a playful grin as he looked at Diana, Jaehyun paused and shook his head.

“We did get something to eat before coming here. Congratulations by the way.” Jaehyun spoke to him.

“Thanks, sunbae.” Lucas replied to him, he shifted his gaze away from the girl.

“Oppa, don’t you have a meeting to go to? It’s okay, I can call the driver to come by and pick me up later.” Diana spoke.

“Are you sure? I can leave later and~”

“It’s fine, we have that project to discuss too. Thanks for today.” Diana said with a small smile, Jaehyun nodded, he gave her hand a small squeeze before excusing himself. Lucas tensed and looked away, she was going to ask questions.

“Are you going to eat again? We don’t mind, but lunch part two?” Yang Yang blinked at her.

“I didn’t really get to eat properly, we went to this weird French fusion cuisine place, and..just you know. What are you guys having?” She asked him, Hendery grinned and looked at Xiaojun knowingly.

Of course, Lucas would know what was in her head.

“It’s just nearby. We’ll walk there.” Xiaojun spoke, Diana nodded and followed him, she glanced at Lucas again, she caught him wincing as he tried to flex his left arm.

“You need something, Diana?” Lucas met her gaze evenly, Diana paused and she shook her head, his friends paused, hearing the edge in his tone.

“I was hoping we’d go for beef.” She said not affected by his sudden outburst.

“Beef it is.” Lucas said gruffly before sidestepping them.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++