004

Him & I

 

Hong Kong 20XX

Beginning of Senior Year

 

 

“I seriously have no idea why.” Diana murmured as a matte black Gallardo rolled in the parking lot.

“The original black was already nice.” Xiaojun nodded in agreement, the two were leaning against the girl’s black Bentley.

“Exactly.”

Lucas slid down from the car and grinned as he saw the two, Xiaojun rolled his eyes, he patted Di’s shoulder before leaving her.

“How was your weekend, Di?” Lucas asked as he reached her, Diana made a face at him as he took her hand.

“I had to fly to Seoul, it was a bit of a pain. But I got you those onion rings thingy you like so much.”

“Perfect.” Lucas chuckled, knowing how grumpy his girl was. Diana’s flight arrived at two in the morning earlier, and he could sense how much she wanted to sleep but they had an event for seniors today that required attendance.

“Should I put up a warning sign to tell people not to get in your way today?” He asked as they reached the campus building. Lucas took her hand in his as they crossed the field.

“Can we just finish this one and head off? I’ll buy us coffee.” She offered as she leaned against him, he smiled and nodded.

“You don’t even need to bribe me.”

 

 

“It was all just work stuff. Pa wants to expand in Korea too. And he dragged me to all his meetings. I didn’t even get to roam around.” Diana complained as Lucas pulled over across a famous cafe.

“We can visit Seoul during our break.” He offered as he killed the engine, Diana eyed him warily.

“Oh, so now we’re traveling together?” She mused before sliding down the car, Lucas smiled and followed her.

“We can invite the guys too, and you sister-in-law lives there.” He suggested as he pulled the door for her, Diana shrugged at him.

Some of the customers were eyeing them questioningly, high schoolers aren’t supposed to be roaming about during noon.

“I want an egg sandwich but waffles sound enticing too.” She said as she sat down, Lucas took the seat across hers.

“Get both. I’ll finish off what you can’t.” He nodded as he called for the waitress.

“Mango crepe too.” She nudged his shoe with hers, Lucas winked at her before enumerating their order to the lady.

“Have you thought about college?” She asked as the waitress left, Lucas paused briefly. Diana knew that college was touchy subject for him. His father had been pressuring him to decide which major to take and which schools to apply for. But she knew Lucas, he was never the type to plan ahead. He wants to see how things go first before deciding, and Diana can’t really blame him for that. Lucas was the type to change his mind and completely drop things when he really wants to.

“A bit. You?” He asked her, Diana grinned, knowing when and not to ask him about the topic.

“I might just take some random business course and be done with it.”

“Diana Wu, playing it safe. Intriguing.” He mused at her, their food arrived and Diana went for the waffles. Lucas took the sandwich for himself.

“But, if you ever decide on it, tell me, alright?” She said softly, Lucas looked up and smiled.

“I’ll keep you posted.” Lucas smiled, Diana nodded, she kissed her index and middle finger and pressed them on his lips, Lucas chuckled.

“I’ll wait for that then.”

 

 

“Di? Can I come in?”

Diana looked up from her bed, she sat up and yawned.

“Sure, unnie.” She called out, Haerin walked in with a cup of tea.

“I heard you weren’t feeling so well.”

“I just need some sleep, Lucas dropped me off earlier.” She said as the older girl handed her the tea to drink.

“You and him,”

Diana looked at her, she took a small sip before setting it on the side table, Haerin smiled and patted her cheek before continuing.

“Your brother may have doubts, but I kinda like him.”

“Huh?”

“I’ve known you for five years now, I guess it’s safe to say that I know you well.”

“Of course, unnie. You’re the only one who can put up with this family.” She chuckled, Haerin snorted.

“I just know that he’s good for you, despite the whole troublemaker bad boy thing he has going on.”

“What you’re saying is very contradicting, but okay.” Di was amused, Haerin smiled and nodded.

“I mean it, your brother may never admit it. But he approves of him.”

“Huh.” Diana scratched the back of her head, Haerin chuckled.

“Diana, ever since Lucas, you’ve been smiling more and, you’ve gotten prettier too.”

“Unnie, if you really want to move back to Seoul, I can put in a word for you with Wu Yifan. You don’t have to resort to this.”

Haerin rolled her eyes and slapped the girl’s arm.

“I mean it, and I like it here.”

 

 

“That’s cute, they’re picking you up today?” Ming asked as they headed out of the classroom.

“Yeah, gege has this company event tonight and he wants me to join them,” Diana said, she saw Lucas already waiting by the stairs.

“I’ll see you tonight?” Diana nudged her friend, Ming chuckled and nodded.

“Of course. Don’t be late, Di.”

Diana gave her a thumbs up before approaching Lucas, he took her backpack and they headed down.

“I’ll pick you up tonight.” He said as they reached the last step.

“Yep.” Diana nodded, she headed for the vending machine and took out some coins from her wallet. Lucas leaned against the wall and watched her, he took out his phone and checked his messages.

“Diana, right?”

Diana looked up from the coin slots, there were two males standing right beside her.

“I don’t know you.” She spoke, her tone light and careful.

“We’re from another class, and we noticed that....we noticed you a few days ago at the cafeteria. You’re really pretty.” One male smiled at her, Lucas looked up from his phone, his brows rose as soon as he the males who were invading her personal space. He was about to move forward when he noticed Diana was talking.

“We just wanted to know if you would join us? For some afternoon snacks?”

Diana paused, but she shook her head.

“I have something to do this afternoon and~”

“Ah, so it is true. We heard about you and the Wong boy. Wow, how long have you two been together?”

Lucas grew amused, Diana exhaled, it was clear that the girl just wanted to be left alone with her grape juice.

“Yes, and what about it?” 

“We just think that you’re too good for him, Diana. I mean, look at you.” One male tried to reason with her, Lucas smiled.

“And, what makes you two think that you’re somehow better than him? Or are you simply suggesting that you guys are enough for me? Because that would be a joke.” She mused at them, the two males shrunk, not expecting her to speak like that.

“Don’t talk to me again.” She said before padding away from them, she saw Lucas waiting for her and she narrowed her eyes at him.

“Don’t let that get to your head~”

“Awwe, my baby defended me.” Lucas cooed as he wrapped one arm around her waist.

“Shut up, Wong boy.”

 

 

 

Lucas was smiling as he waved at Yang Yang and Xiaojun, Diana was shaking her head as she watched him waddle towards his car.

“Lucas, I can drive us back. You need to sober up.” She said as she tried to take keys from him, they had taken her Audi for their night out.

“It’s fine, I didn’t even drink much.” Lucas chuckled as his arms s around her waist, Diana rolled her eyes.

“You can’t even walk straight. And get your hands off me.” She hissed at him, Lucas pouted before dropping his arms to his side.

“Trust me, I’ll drive us back and I’ll crash at your couch then sober up.”

“Lucas~”

“I’ll do it.” Lucas kissed his index and middle finger and pressed them against her lips. Diana sighed, she got inside the passenger’s seat, he started the engine and strapped on their seatbelts.

“Unnie wants to transfer to Seoul. But mu brother doesn’t seem to be open to that concept. I think she misses her friends.” She said as Lucas drove out of the parking lot, he nodded back.

“But I kinda understand him, Seoul isn’t home. Personally, I probably wont want to live there.”

“Why? Big Bang lives there.”

Diana rolled her eyes at his reply.

“Ah, right, Super Junior. Sorry.” He laughed and glanced at her, Diana gathered her hair in a ponytail.

“Eyes on the road, Lucas.”

“Eyes on the prize. Not that I’m objectifying you or anything, I just think that I really hit jackpot~”

“I get it. Shut up.” She laughed, Lucas grinned and leaned back on the seat.

“You really do reek of alcohol, my brother will kick you out.” She commented, Lucas’s eyes went to her again.

“He doesn’t like me, huh?”

“No, he’s just...careful.”

“Di, you don’t have to lie,” He took her hand in his, Diana was about to reply when it suddenly got so bright, Lucas turned to face the road again and before he could react, Di was already screaming.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++