032

Him & I

 

“You two…have eyes.” Ming shook her head as the nurse cleaned the gash on Lucas’s elbow, Xiaojun needed stitches on his left arm.

“We don’t have lightning reflexes.” Xiaojun shot back, Ming rolled her eyes.

Hendery sighed and looked at his friends.

“When did you two get here?” Lucas looked at the two girls, Lina shrugged at him.

“Just this morning, we were planning to surprise Diana. How come she’s not with you?” Ming asked him.

“Does she always have to be with me?” Lucas replied evenly, Hendery looked up, his brows rose. Lina glanced at the male, and she chewed on her lower lip.

“I thought things were getting better between you two.” Lina said, Lucas winced as the nurse applied the disinfectant on the cut.

“She~”

Yang Yang strolled in while tucking his phone in his jean pocket.

“I thought you were going to get us coffee.” Hendery told him, Yang Yang blinked.

“Right, I’ll be~”

Someone yanked the curtains away, Lina turned her head. The room got eerily quiet as they looked at the newcomer.

“D—Diana,” Ming was surprised to see her, Lucas looked up and his brows rose as he noticed what the girl was holding on to.

“Di,”

“I—I….What happened?” She blurted out, her cheeks were flushed and her hair a little messy.

“W—Well, these two idiots were messing around while walking back to the unit, there was cyclist, and then…that.” Yang Yang pointed towards the two, Lina walked to her and reached out to take her hand. Diana blinked, she met gazes with Lucas briefly.

“I—I’ll~”

“Oh my god, Di, you drove here?” Ming gasped, she noticed that key fob she was holding.

The boys all looked at her, Lina’s brows rose.

“I—I’ll go get something to drink.” She muttered before walking out of the room, Lucas sighed and slid down from the hospital bed. The two nurses paused and looked at him.

He wordlessly stepped out of the room.

“Oh my god, Diana drove.” Lina said, Ming smiled and nodded.

“It’s been years since she did.”

“Because of the accident?” Xiaojun asked, Hendery glanced at the door again.

“Yes.”

 

 

Diana ran her fingers through her hair in frustration, she chucked the key fob back in her purse and plopped down on one of the vacant benches.

“He’s fine. He’s okay.” She said to herself.

She exhaled and shook her head.

I must be out of my mind. This…This isn’t me.

Diana tensed when she felt someone sat down beside her, she turned her head and she halted.

“I’m okay, Di.” Lucas spoke as if reading her mind, her forehead creased.

“I noticed.” She replied, Lucas puffed his cheeks before facing her.

“I—I’m sorry about earlier, I don’t know what came over me. It must be~”

“The tournament. You’re stressed out about it. I know.” Diana finished for him, Lucas sighed.

“Call me stupid or whatever, but you still confuse me, Diana.”

She looked at him, lost.

“I drove here because Yang Yang sounded really worried on the phone.”

“It’s not that bad. You didn’t really have to rush all the way here.” Lucas told her, Diana looked at his now bandaged cut.

“I won’t push you to Lucy anymore. I’m sorry.” She added, Lucas turned to her and smiled.

“Just quit the whole being this nice and sunny Diana thing, it’s not you, Di.” He said to her, Diana rolled her eyes at him.

“So, I am not nice?”

“When were you ever?” Lucas shot back, Diana balked at him.

“You~”

Lucas chuckled before pulling the girl into his chest and wrapped his arms around her tightly. Diana gasped, but she slowly wrapped her arms around him.

“I was really annoyed when you disappeared, Wong. I hated you.” She murmured as Lucas pressed his nose against the crook of her neck.

Lucas hid his frown and nodded. And then h gently pulled back to meet her gaze.

“I won’t disappear now. Leaving you was the worst decision I ever made.” He murmured as he met her gaze evenly, Diana was about to speak but Lucas slowly pressed his lips against her forehead.

Diana blinked at him.

“Come on, I’ll drive you home.” Lucas said as he took her hand and pulled her up.

 

 

Lucas made his way towards the building when he spotted Diana, Ming and Lina were with her as they went up the steps. He paused and looked at three, it felt like high school all over again. He smiled to himself, and then Diana paused and saw him.

“Wong,” She called, Lina and Ming turned to him, Lucas climbed up the steps to them.

“Heading to class?” He asked as he took Diana’s bag from her.

“She’s giving us a short tour before sending us off to do some shopping. Apparently, Wu Yinghua prefers attending class now.” Lina said jokingly, she nudged Minae and grinned.

“I lent them the driver too, so I might need to hitch with you later, I parked a bit far from the building.” Diana said, Ming smiled and looked away.

“Sure, we should grab dinner together later.” Lucas suggested.

“Sounds great, we~” Lina paused when another male approached them.

“Oppa,” Diana greeted him, Ming nudged Lucas questioningly.

“Di, can we talk?” Jaehyun asked. Lina’s brows rose up.

“Uhm, sure.” Diana was about to walk with him, when Lucas held the back of her coat, she stopped and glanced back.

“Yukhei, I don’t think Diana will like that.” Lina switched to Cantonese, Jaehyun eyed the male, his jaw tightened.

“We’re still talking.” Lucas spoke.

“I’m sure it can wait, Lucas. This is quite urgent.” Jaehyun explained, the tension ins his voice wasn’t missed by the two girls.

Diana glanced at Lucas, he let go of his coat and dropped his hand to his side.

Are you going to change plans again if he asks you out to dinner?” Lucas spoke, Diana shook her head.

It’s probably just something about Haerin jie, I havent been able to reach them.” Diana replied, Jaehyun crossed his arms, his brows knitting together.

Then, why can’t he just say it now? Why does he have to pull you aside?

“Lucas,” Diana sighed, Lucas looked at the older male.

“You’re older than us, but you seem to have forgotten basic manners. Diana’s friends just got here yesterday and they were catching up. Then you arrive to cut in the conversation.”

Jaehyun looked at him, he exhaled.

“I didn’t know, Lucas. Forgive me.” He said in a tone that slightly mocked the younger male, Ming wanted to run away.

“Sure.” Lucas replied back, his tone alarmed Diana, she turned to face him and she placed her hand over his chest. She gently pushed him back, Lucas met her gaze.

What’s wrong?” She asked softly, then Jaehyun reached for her shoulder.

“Diana, I have class in a few, I really need to talk to you.” He spoke.

Lina studied the other male, she slowly shook her head. Lucas crossed his arms, his forehead creasing.

I’m sure it can wait.” Lucas replied.

Diana chewed on the insides of her cheek before turning to Jaehyun.

“I’ll call you at lunch break, oppa. I’m sorry, I still have to show my friends around.” She said politely, Ling and Mina looked at each other knowingly.

“O—okay, I’ll see you later.” Jaehyun smiled at him, his eyes went to Lucas briefly before stepping away from them.

Diana turned to Lucas again.

Brat.” She said to him, Lucas rolled his eyes at her and walked ahead of them, Lina grinned and padded after him.

Lucas, your jealousy is showing.” She told him.

Her other stalker is easier to manage.” Lucas muttered back.

 

 

“I can’t believe it.” Ming said as she and Lina walked around the mall, they were expecting to meet up with the others for dinner in a bit.

“It’s like nothing has changed.” She finished, Lina nodded back.

“Seeing them interacting again, it’s really something.” She murmured as she fixed her hair, but she frowned.

“But that other guy from earlier, he..may be a problem, huh?” Ming stated.

“The way he looks at Diana is a problem. And I think Lucas knows that.”

“You think?” Ming chuckled as they entered the Hermes boutique.

“I was actually worried that he might attack him.”

“I don’t think so. It’s just that Lucas is used to having her attention, I mean, not all guys can really approach Di and be entertained. But this,..this Jaehyun person, Diana does interact with him well, I guess. That’s why it bothers Wong boy.” Lina murmured, she looked up and saw Yang Yang waving at them.

“She did drive again. Because of him. That’s something.” Ming said, Hendery and Xiaojun appeared, followed by Lucas and Diana.

“There’s only one guy that can affect Diana. And we both know it’s not Jaehyun.” Lina hummed as she looked at the two, Lucas was talking with their arms linked to each other, Diana was nodding along a small smile was playing on her lips.

“She must have been so worried yesterday, she got in a car and drove herself.” Ming said softly.

“Just like how Lucas would drop everything for her, Diana does prioritize him, although sometimes she would never admit that.” Lina smiled as she waved them over.

“So, empty the mall yet?” Diana asked as she reached them, Ming gave her a big hug.

“No, but our stomachs are. Where to?” Lina asked as the boys helped with their shopping bags.

“How about the barbeque place Diana likes so much?” Lucas asked, Hendery nodded back.

“They have a good beef selection.” Diana shrugged at Ming, Lucas grinned and touched her hair before following Xiaojun and Yang Yang as they walked towards the elevators.

“Diana and her beef, of course. I missed you, Di.” Lina chuckled and hooked arms with the girl, Ming chuckled and joined them.

“See, it’s not so bad being good with Hei Hei again, right?” Lina said teasingly, Diana eyed her warily.

“I like seeing you two being friends again. Or something more. Whatever floats your boat.”

“Lina!” Diana hissed, Ming guffawed.

“Diana, can we take your car? I parked at school.” Hendery spoke, Diana nodded, she took out her car key and tossed it to him. Lucas grinned at her, Lina and Ming secretly bumped fists.

Old Diana had made a comeback.

And they loved it.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++