030

Him & I

 

Diana pushed her laptop away from her, she still hadn’t heard from her brother. She had no idea what to do with the uninvited guest at home.

And it annoyed the hell out of her.

“I can’t even remember her name. What should I call her? Medusa? Blowfish ahjumma?”

She turned her head to the windows, her eyes went to the gymnasium that held the university’s indoor pool.

She reached for her purse and took her phone out, she browsed through her contacts and took a deep breath as her finger hovered over the screen.

I am overstepping boundaries here.

She tapped on the name, and she brought the phone closer to her ear.

Young miss, good afternoon. What can I do for you?

Diana glanced at the gymnasium again and chewed on her lower lip before speaking.

Can you look into something for me? Quietly. I don’t want anyone to know.” She spoke softly as she toyed with her pen.

Of course, young miss. What can I do for you?

I want you to look into in Lucas’s medical history.

The young master Wong, young miss?” The male was stunned, Diana nodded.

Yes, I want to know everything.

I’ll work on it right way, young miss.

Diana put the phone down and leaned back on her chair, she looked at the scar on her wrist and sighed. She gathered her things and called her driver as she went out of the library.

 

 

Diana reached the bottom of the steps, she paused when she heard a car rolling away from garage, she padded towards the window and saw her father’s woman driving Kris’s white Bentley away from the building.

“Oh, dear. I’ll make sure to tell him about that.” She muttered before walking straight to the kitchen, she smiled as she glanced at the fridge. The woman, her name was Kang Juyeon, now she finally remembered, loved eating fruit for dessert. So, Diana, being Diana, doused all of her sliced fruit salt last night. Her eyes went to the discarded slices of apples and kiwis at the other side of the table.

“Oh, I think I added some laxatives too.” She murmured as she grabbed a piece of bread, she was intending on enjoying her breakfast when her driver stepped in.

“Please don’t tell me she took my car too.” She stated, the male shook his head.

“It’s the office, young miss. You are needed there.”

“What? Why?” Diana was confused, the company rarely contacted her because her brother had advised them to only ask for Diana when it was crucial, and she wasn’t done with school yet.

“Apparently, miss Kang contacted them just now. She demands that she is given a position there.”

Diana groaned, she tossed her bread back to the plate and stood up.

“Prepare the car. Tell them I’ll take care of it.”

The car was brought to the front, and Diana immediately got in, she was already on the phone with her brother’s secretary.

“Don’t let her get in. She is not to be allowed to enter the premises, do you understand?” She said firmly.

“Yes, young miss. I will inform security.”

She put her phone down and closed her eyes, now she felt very annoyed. Her brother was still enjoying his disconnect to reconnect bull, and here she was facing a sea monster and now she has to guard the company too?

In a matter of minutes, they were already pulling over the Wu Holdings’ office in downtown Seoul, Diana slid down from the car and the managers who were waiting outside all bowed as soon as they saw her.

She saw Juyeon causing a scene by the doors as security blocked her.

“What is this?” Diana’s tone was soft, and at the same time, knife-like, the security personnel bowed as she reached them.

“How dare you do this, Diana?” Juyeon hissed at her, Diana smiled.

“How dare I what? Not allow you in here? Do you see your name on the company logo?” She asked and crossed her arm, the lady shook her head at her.

“Really, you are threatening a pregnant woman? Your sibling~”

The employees around them started to murmur, Diana looked around, tensed.

“Why don’t you come back with a DNA test kit and we can talk, home wrecker?”

Kang Juyeon chuckled and slyly put her hands on her stomach, as if protecting her child from Diana.

“Are you really that threatened, Diana?”

“No. I’ve always been confident about myself. I mean, I don’t feel the urge to put my face in between a man’s legs just so I could survive the world.” She said in a sweet manner, Juyeon raised her palm to her face.

“Go ahead. Lay that hand on me.” Diana taunted her, Kris’s secretary stood behind the girl, panicky.

“You may carry a Wu child, but no one will doubt me. I don’t need to prove who I am. So, go, slap me.” Diana took a step towards her, Juyeon faltered back.

“Y—You can’t touch me!” Juyeon screamed at her.

“Trust me, I would never want to be exposed to trash like you,” Diana mused, she turned her back to the lady but then she paused.

“Run along now, this is a company, not a circus.” She winked as she gestured towards the woman’s thick faux fur coat.

“Or the meeting place for the Russian mafia, whatever floats your boat.” She muttered before moving along.

“I will get you for this, Diana. You are alone now!” She yelled at the younger girl, Diana smirked and looked at her.

“Your brother’s not here to fight your battles for you, he’s the only one~”

“You know what,” The Wu young lady walked back to her, Kris’s secretary balked, he knew that once Diana loses it, it was game over. Over kill. The end.

“This is for my mother.” Diana said as she took out a marker pen from her purse and drew a bright red streak across the girl’s forehead. Juyeon started to lunge for her, but the guards pulled her back.

Diana laughed before walking back to her car, unbothered.

 

 

“I don’t understand this. Is this still normal?” Yang Yang said as he pointed towards their review sheets, Hendery leaned over the table and glanced at Xiaojun.

“Diana didn’t come to class today, strange.” Xiaojun spoke, Yang Yang nodded.

“Well, she’s already done with most requirements, so she has a right to ditch.” Hendery reasoned, and then Lucas joined them at their table, he set his phone down.

“Where were you?” Hendery asked him.

“I needed to speak with professor Ju about the paper we sent, Lucy sent him a faulty PDF file.” Lucas said, he took out a bag of chips from his bag and started to eat.

“Right, I~”

“Hey, guys.”

They all looked up, Yang Yang scrunched his nose as Hendery offered the male to join them.

“Sunbae, hello.” Xiaojun greeted him, Jaehyun nodded back.

“I was wondering if you’ve seen Diana today,”

“We were actually just talking about her, we haven’t seen her since out first period.” Hendery said, Lucas looked at the older male.

“Really? I’ve been trying to call her all day, but I can’t reach her.” Jaehyun spoke, Yang Yang sat up, he picked up the only phone on the table.

“Let’s try now, I need her help with my review also.” He suggested as he typed in Diana’s name, called her and put it on speaker.

“Well, I hope she answers. But she probably wont.” Jaehyun looked at the device again, Lucas eyed the phone, he paused as he realized it was his.

On the third ring, she picked up.

“What? I’m already in school.” Her tone was venomous as she snapped, Hendery halted. Lucas exhaled and grabbed the phone. Xiaojun scratched the back of his head.

Jaehyun’s brows rose up as he looked at the tall male.

“Lucas, I don’t have time for this~” Her voice was cut off when Lucas switched it from speaker phone and pressed the phone to his ear.

“Where are you? I’ll be right over.” He spoke as he lifted himself off the chair.

“You’re at the cafeteria? Bull, Diana. I’m at the cafeteria. And you’re not here.” Lucas pointed out, Jaehyun looked at him. Was he teasing Diana who sound so pissed off from the other line.

“Stay put. I’ll be there.” Lucas said to her, he grabbed his things before leaving the table. Hendery glared at Yang Yang, the latter just shrunk on his seat.

“Well, there she is.” Xiaojun nodded at Jaehyun.

 

 

Jaehyun made his way towards the parking lot, he had his hands in his pockets as he crossed the street.

“She answered his call.” He said to himself, he was about to go inside the lot when he noticed a familiar figure walking at the other block. It was Diana, she speaking with someone, Jaehyun’s eyes searched the area and he saw Lucas walking towards her.

He exhaled and shook his head. Diana looked flushed, but she was chatting with the other male.

“Lucas Wong. Wong Yukhei.” Jaehyun said to himself, and then he saw Diana link arms with the male as they entered an ice cream shop together.

Jaehyun turned for his car, he sat down and took out his phone.

“Hello, secretary Eun, it’s me.” He spoke, he looked up again, he could see Lucas and Diana queuing for ice cream, she smiling as they examined the flavors on the menu. Lucas had one hand on the center of her back as he stood beside her.

“Yes, young master, what is it?”

“I’d like you to look into someone. He’s a foreigner studying at my school.” Jaehyun said as he started the car.

“Ah, yes. The name, sir?”

“Lucas Wong. Wong Yukhei. His friends too, and, I want you to find out how he befriended Diana Wu.”

“Yes, sir. I’ll call you as soon as I get details.”

Jaehyun thanked the male before putting his phone down and he sped away from the campus.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++