036

Him & I

 

Diana stepped out of the locker room, she had grabbed a towel on her way out.

What was I thinking?

You're a ing idiot, Diana.

She shook her head, she reached for her phone from her back pocket and halted when she realized she had received a message from their Hong Kong office. She moved away from the doors and opened the message.

Diana tapped on the screen and looked around her.

“Come back to me?” She sighed to herself, and then she looked at her phone again. The Wu heiress grew confused as she noticed the header of the file that was sent to her.

St. Thomas’ Hospital

“London?” She blurted out in confusion and then she began reading through the contents, she froze up. A photo of Lucas appeared on the screen, and then another one of his left arm and left shoulder. The whole left side of his torso was in different shades of blue and purple.

Diana swallowed as she pored over the words on the file, and then she started to look for the dates on the documents.

As well as his entries and exits out of Hong Kong.

“No, no.” She breathed as tears rolled down her cheeks, her phone slipped through her fingers and landed on the floor with a soft thud. She started to shake her head.

Everything matched up, Lucas left the country two days after the accident. He had two major surgeries in London during his six month stay there.

It wasn’t just her. She wasn’t the only one who got hurt.

She ran her fingers through her hair.

“Diana?” She heard Lucas’s voice from the doors, she turned her back to him.

“I have some clothes you can~”

Diana picked up her phone and wordlessly walked away from him.

“Di!” Lucas jogged after her, Diana panicked and she wiped her tears from her face.

“Stop.” She blurted, she heard Lucas halt behind her.

“I—It’s fine. I’ll drive myself home. You—You should get your arm checked.” She said without looking at him, and then she jogged out of the building not wanting to hear his reply.

Diana got in the car and then, she finally broke down.

 

 

“She…what?” Lina was confused, Lucas nodded back at the girl.

“We talked for a bit, and then she…disappeared.” Lucas said, Hendery glanced at him briefly and nodded back.

“Something must have come up at work again, you know her.” Yang Yang chimed in, the group was making their way to the parking lot.

“Is your arm okay? I can drive you back.” Xiaojun asked him, Ming and Lina looked at him in concern.

“I’m okay. Where are we eating?”

“At that Sky Lounge branch Diana likes. The one near Namsan.” Hendery told him as Lina and Ming got in his car.

“Okay, I’ll just get some things at home and follow you there.” Lucas waved at his friends, he got inside his car and let out a big sigh.

He had no idea what just happened. She kisses him and then she leaves. Lucas flexed his neck as he started the car. He drove away from the campus and headed straight for the Wu residence. He had to know if she’s alright, because if he doesn’t check on her, he knows it will just drive him crazy.

It took him a good fifteen minutes to get to the place, he looked at the house, the lights in her room were on.

He honked twice before going down and headed straight for the front doors, Lucas showed himself in and looked around.

“Diana?” He called as he reached the stairs, he stopped when he heard a door open. He let out a sigh as he saw her.

“Hey,” Diana spoke as she padded down towards him. Lucas studied the expression on her face, something was wrong.

“Are you okay?”

“Y—Yeah, so, dinner with the guys?” Diana looked up to meet his gaze, Lucas paused.

“Diana,” He said, Diana puffed her cheeks and nodded.

“I know, I’m sorry, Wong. I had to do it, I needed you to snap out of it.” She was standing two steps away from him, that made Lucas meet her gaze easily.

“I hate how nothing ever bothers you, Di.”

 

 

“Noona,” Jaehyun sighed as the girl finally answered.

“Hey, I got your emails. Kris and I are on our way back. Wow, have you seen the news? Diana went wild.”

Jaehyun nodded and leaned back on his seat.

“How long till you two get here?”

“Maybe four days or so? That’s all non-stop flights. Pa called Kris yesterday, he was livid.”

“He had it coming, noona. The mistress was…wreaking havoc.” Jaehyun stated, Haerin snorted.

“So, what’s up? You sound worried.”

“Can…Can I talk to hyung? Is he busy?”

“He’s right here, give me a second.” Haerin replied, Jaehyun exhaled and looked at his computer screen.

Kris has to find out, it was the only way he could protect Diana.

“Jaehyun-ah,” Kris’s voice was clear from the other line.

“I’ve been trying to reach Diana, but she seems busy. Is she with you?” Kris asked him.

“No, but, hyung, there’s something you need to know. And I apologize for not telling you sooner.”

Kris grew silent.

“What is it?”

“That guy Diana used to….date, Lucas Wong.”

“What about him?”

“He’s studying in SNU too, he and Diana are in the same class. And they’ve been hanging out a lot, hyung.”

“What?!”

 

 

Diana halted, her eyes widened.

“Lucas, I was~”

“Why me? Why would you still want me?” Lucas intervened, Diana looked at her fingers.

“How are you not hearing all the talk around us? I’m bad for you, Diana. People have told me that. I can’t even disagree with them.”

“You can’t change a person, Wong. I want what I want. That’s who I am.” Diana explained, tears forming on her eyes.

“And I’m done making mistakes, letting other people tell me how to live my life. I don’t want that.” She continued, Lucas swallowed.

“Y—You will never be just a friend to me, Lucas. Things don’t work that way for me.” She breathed, Diana was about to sidestep him but the male pulled her into place.

“It never did work that way for us.” He said as he cupped her chin in his thumb, Diana didn’t reply.

“I just…expected you to at least say something, Diana.”

“I didn’t deny it. Isn’t that the only thing to do?” She replied, Lucas scrunched his nose at her.

“Look, Lucas, it’s fine. You don’t have to…do anything, or be here. I can~”

“You think I’d pass this up?” A playful smile played on his lips, Diana blinked at him.

“Diana, I don’t have to come back to you.” Lucas mused as he pressed his forehead against hers, Diana was about to react but he tugged her to him and captured her lips with his.

“I never went to anyone else.” He stated as he wrapped his arms around the girl.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++