016

Him & I


Yang Yang eyed his friend while Hendery busied himself with dinner.
“What was that earlier?” He spoke, Xiaojun looked at the two.
“What are you talking about?” He asked, Lucas put his utensils down and exhaled.
“This idiot right here tailed Diana’s car.”
Hendery’s brows rose and he grinned to himself.
“Wow, she’s only been back for a couple of days.” Xiaojun nodded back, Lucas shook his head.
“I tried talking to her.”
“Nice.”
“Let him speak.” Hendery warned Yang Yang, not wanting Lucas to lose his temper again.
“She doesn’t want to.”
“What do you expect?” Xiaojun said as he took another spoonful of rice.
“Lucas, I know this must be....like torture to you, but Diana’s our friend too. And, we would like to hang out with her as well, I hope that doesn’t bother you.” Hendery said, his tone soft.
“No, it’s fine.” Lucas swallowed.
“Tell us honestly,” Hendery looked at him, Lucas leaned back on the chair.
“Do you still..have feelings for her?”
The table grew quiet, Xiaojun looked at their friend pensively.
“Am I a bad person if I do?”
“What do you mean?”
“Does it make me a bad person if I want her back?”
The three glanced at each other.
“No.” Xiaojun spoke, Lucas nodded and looked at his hands.
“But, you have to start all over again. Be her friend first.”
“How will I do that if she won’t talk to me?” Lucas shook his head, Hendery pursed his lips and smiled.
“Tell her the truth.”
“I don’t want her relationship with her older brother damaged, Guanheng.”
“Kris did you dirty, Lucas.”
“I know, but he’s her only sibling. I dont want her relationship with her brother~”
“Then, go do it the hard way.” Hendery said, Lucas nodded back and picked up his spoon.
“You couldn’t stand it, huh?” Yang Yang said teasingly. Lucas sighed, wanting to ignore him.
“She’s got guys lining over just to~”
“Somebody shut him up.”



“A month?” Diana echoed, Kris nodded back at her.
“It’s kind of urgent, mei.”
“Wow, I’m rarely called mei. You must really need to leave.” She chuckled, Haerin grew amused at the two.
“Diana.” Kris said, his forehead creasing.
“I know, I know, don’t worry, ge. I’ll be fine. Like Haerin unnie once said, I’m not five anymore.”
“I know that, and that worries me more.” He shot back, she laughed.
“How’s school for you? Met any new friends? Or familiar faces?” Kris asked as he sliced his steak, Haerin paused, she gripped on her utensils tightly as she looked at the girl.
“New friends, yes. Familiar faces? Does Jaehyun oppa count?” She asked, Kris smiled.
“You must be having fun, I suppose.”
“Not exactly. No one told me I am required to join clubs. But, yippe.” She said sarcastically, Haerin smiled.

“You joined clubs back in Hong Kong.”

“Well, I had Ming and Lina back home, ge. So, can we please stop talking about school.”

“I leave this weekend; do you need anything?” Kris asked her, she shook his head at him.

“Just take care of yourself, New York isn’t exactly very~”

“Right, I have something to propose,” Haerin chirped, the two Wu children looked at her.

“After you get back, how about we go and make babies?”

Diana almost spat her lasagna back to her plate, Kris eyes his wife warily.

“D—Did you forget I’m here?” Diana coughed and took a huge gulp of her juice.

“Well, I want to go the Bahamas, then how about Chile after?” Haerin was excited, Diana looked at her brother, amused.

“Right after New York?”

“I can meet you there, then we can go to Bahamas together? Miami sounds perfect too. Oh, how about Athens?”

Diana shook her head.

“How about work?” Kris asked, but Diana could see that her brother would say yes to his wife either way. She smiled to herself.

“Well, I think my parents would understand. They want grandchildren.”

“Haerin~”

“I want a son first.” She cheered, Diana shuddered, she picked up her plate and the two looked at her.

“You two discuss that and I’ll have my dinner in my room peacefully.” Diana rolled her eyes at them before going up to her room.

 

 

Diana set her plate down and walked towards her desk, she sat down and slouched on the table.

“I’m sorry?” She mouthed, her forehead creased and she closed her eyes.

He still drives that damned car.

Diana’s fingers searched for her phone, she sat up and picked it up.

“My head is about to explode.” She muttered as she unlocked the device and searched for Ming’s number, she quickly dialed it and leaned back on her seat.

After a few moments, Ming’s face appeared on the screen of her phone.

“Diana!” She chuckled, but then she paused when she saw the look on the girl’s face.

“Is…everything alright?”

“Ming, I…I need to talk to you. Are you busy?”

“No, no. I just got home. Are you okay?”

She could see that Ming was in her bedroom, sitting by her huge bay windows.

“Is it the school? Is it not to your liking?” Ming continued on.

“No. But he’s here, Ming.”

Ming paused, confused.

“He? Who are you talking about?”

“Ming, it’s Lucas. He’s here.”

Ming almost dropped her phone, and she cursed under her breath.

“W—What? Are you sure? But you said…people said he’s in China for~”

“No, he’s here. We’re enrolled in the same university, the same classes, and even the same major.” Diana sighed, Ming was stunned, she didn’t know what to say.

“Diana…I..dont..”

“I don’t even know what to do, Ming. He’s been gone for two years, and now he’s literally everywhere.” She sounded helpless, Ming could only frown at her.

“Did…he…you two talk?”

“Do you think I would?” Diana let out a dry humorless laugh, Ming chewed on her lower lip.

“You said you wanted to talk to him.”

“Two years ago, I was stupid enough to let him affect me.” Diana retorted and crossed her arms.

“What if…What if he wants to explain his side? Di, he must miss you a lot.” Ming spoke softly, she tried to gauge her friend’s reaction. But Diana wasn’t giving away anything.

“I just..really would prefer not seeing him, you know.”

“Diana, Lucas will always have that hold on you, admit it. And in order for you to let things go, you have to~”

“I don’t want to see him, Ming. Please, not him. Not again.”

 

 

Lucas watched as a black Range Rover pulled over at the curb, Diana slid down from the vehicle and pulled her bag out. She made her way towards the building’s steps, she had her earphones own and her brows were scrunched together.

Lucas’s lips curled into a small smile.

“You’re bothered. Possibly, because of me.” He said quietly, and then he started to move. He saw Diana approach the revolving doors but she was met by a familiar male.

Lucas paused, his forehead creasing.

“Oppa,” Diana was surprised to see him, but she smiled.

“You’re later than usual, did you sleep okay?” Jaehyun asked as he handed her a cup of iced latte.

Lucas eyed the drink warily and shook his head.

“I did. I just had to drop by at gege’s office before school.” She was about to bring the straw to her lips but she stopped and put it down again, Jaehyun didn’t notice the action.

“Anyway, I just wanted to give you your dose of caffeine before class, see you later.” Jaehyun said as he tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear before walking away. Lucas tilted his head but he followed her as she walked again.

Diana went inside the building, she started to look around, the cup of iced latte still in her hand.

Diana and her hatred for too much milk in her coffee.

He watched as Diana placed the cup on one of the empty benches and hurried towards the elevators. Lucas couldn’t help but smile as he watched her jog away from him.

“He likes you, but you can’t see that. You never really look at people when you don’t feel like it.” Lucas said to himself as he made his way towards the stairs.

“But I need you to see me again.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++