034

Him & I

Diana stepped out of the bathroom, she was clad in her robe with her hair still damp. She padded to her closet and paused when she noticed that her phone had been vibrating. She quickly picked it up and opened the device.

What she saw made her curse under her breath. Kang Juyeon was all over news, claiming how the current officials at Wu Holdings were denying her of her claim. And, she also mentioned how Diana, kicked her out of the house despite knowing she was pregnant.

Resulting to the multiple negative articles regarding the youngest Wu. Diana exhaled, she called the company’s legal team before changing.

Ming looked up as she heard Diana stroll in the kitchen.

“Hey, we made~” Lina halted when she saw the look on her friend’s face.

“Di?”

“Right, don’t you have that university party thing this weekend? Do you already have a dress?” Ming asked with a smile, Lina nudged her. Diana was pouring herself a cup of coffee, the girl exhaled before facing them.

“I’ll pick up something at the mall. What’s your plan today?”

“We can stay home and~”

“Take the driver with you, I have to head to work today. Apparently, I haven’t totally terminated the pest.” Diana stated, the two friends glanced at each other. Her manners of speaking, her tone of voice and even the way she dressed, it all reminded them of her old self. Gone were her matching plaid outfits, perfectly curled hair and that sweet smile that sometimes irked them both.

Old Diana was back.

“Diana~”

Diana finished her coffee and shook her head.

“I’ll have to fix this since my brother seems to have no plans coming home, and my father refuses to clean up after his mess.” She put the mug down with force, Ming frowned.

“She’s using the media against me,” Diana said with a smile.

“I’m going to use the one thing she doesn’t.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Power.” Diana smirked before leaving the house, Lina peered over the windows and watched as the R8 sped away from the house.

“We should call Lucas.” Ming muttered.

“Or do we want Kang Juyeon to…really disappear?” Ming continued, trying to weigh in the options.

“We should.” Lina agreed as she reached for her phone.

 

 

Lucy took her seat at the cubicle and powered the computer on, she was at the library studying for class when she saw Lucas and his friends pass by.

There were two new faces with them too, both equally pretty and probably kids of from rich families. Hendery was polite enough to introduce her, Lucy wanted to talk to Lucas but he seems distracted.

“Probably because Diana isn’t around.” Lucy said under her breath, and then she halted. The two had way too many common friends between them, she chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

Then she typed in their names along with their old high school, she paused as photos of the two appeared online. There were tons of them.

Lucas and Diana at school, attending parties and also a lot of underage drinking at clubs. And there was a photo of Lucas smiling for the camera with one arm wrapped around Diana.

“They were a couple.” Lucy murmured to herself and then she chanced upon another article that reported on the car accident. Her brows rose and then she smiled to herself as she opened the university’s community page.

“Diana Wu must have had a lot of fun toying me around, now,” She said as she pasted the link on the page along with the photos.

“Let’s see how she’ll like this.”

 

 

Diana took her seat at the head of the table, the directors were murmuring amongst themselves. Everyone was confused about the issue, and they were also stunned to see the Wu heiress with them.

“I’m sure you have questions, directors.” Diana spoke, the room turned quiet.

“The articles are coming nonstop, miss Wu.”

Diana smiled, she turned for her brother’s secretary and gave him a small nod, the male started to distribute a photocopied document around the room.

“My brother arranged this before taking his leave, so you may address me as vice chairman.” She said as the rest of the board read the document, Diana smiled and leaned back on her seat.

“Our apologies, vice chairman.”

“It’s fine, I don’t really mind for titles. But, I want to fix this, this scandal my father’s woman has started is very damaging, not just to me, but the company as well.” Diana spoke, the others agreed.

“So, I’m here to propose to you,” Diana looked around the room, a small smile played on her lips.

“A vote.”

“Yes?” Director Woo spoke.

“I want my father removed from his seat, since he no longer does what is required of him in this company.”

Everyone was taken aback with her words, but the way she spoke, that was what really stuck with them. The young Wu sounded very much like her late grandfather, she was much more stern compared to her older brother too.

“I know it sounds bad, it does make me look like a daughter seeking revenge on his father, but trust me, it’s for the company. I’ve thought this through.”

“We understand what you are talking about, vice chairman. It does seem like the best decisions as of the moment.” One spoke, Diana nodded back.

“Make me the chairman.”

The others nodded back at her.

“And issue a persona non grata on Kang Juyeon, and we will be suing for her the scandal she started.”

“Consider it done, chairman.”

She smiled before continuing.

“Don’t worry, once my brother comes back, he will take the position. Right now, we need a quick fix because this woman is very damaging.” Diana explained, Kris’s secretary nodded as he listened.

“Thank you for hearing me out, I know I haven’t been as present in the company as I am required to be.” Diana’s tone was diplomatic and polite.

“We’re glad you came to join us today, your suggestion fixed a lot of problems for us. We didn’t want to offend your father by speaking ill of miss Kang.”

“Of course.” Diana nodded back and smiled to herself.

 

 

Lucas stepped out of the building, he was still a little worried because of the call he received from Lina. Diana didn’t show up to class, but when he did try to call her, she sent him a message saying that she’d be in class after lunch.

He shook his head; it also didn’t help that someone had actually found out about their past. And the accident.

Now everyone was talking about them, he was about to walk to his next class when he heard a bunch of students chatting behind him.

“Did you see? The article about that new student?”

“Ah, the beauty from the business department?”

Lucas’s forehead creased.

“I would have never thought that she once went out with that other guy, I’ve seen him around campus too.”

“She almost died because of his stupidity.” The other one laughed, Lucas exhaled, he looked up and spotted Diana.

With Jaehyun walking beside her.

“But, I always see her with that senior, Jung Jaehyun sunbae. And to be honest, he suits her better.”

“He’s the better choice for her.”

“Exactly, Jaehyun sunbae is perfect. She’s probably safer with him too.” They joked.

Lucas was about to turn away when Diana suddenly called for him.

The students turned quiet behind him, Lucas looked up, the girl was smiling at him. He watched as Diana excused herself from Jaehyun, the older male nodded, patted her hand and crossed the street. Lucas didn’t miss how Jung Jaehyun glanced at him for a short moment before moving along.

“Hey, Wong.” Diana greeted him before linking arms, Lucas nodded at her.

“Have you heard?” He asked her.

“What?”

“Someone posted old photos of us at the school’s page.”

Diana paused, her brows went up.

“Okay, let that sink in for a while.” Lucas nodded back with a small smile.

“Let’s talk about that later, it’s not like we’re going to deny that. Anyway,” She started excitedly, Lucas grew curious.

“I got my father fired today.”

That made him halt, he turned his head to her.

“What?”

Diana shrugged in a nonchalant manner and continued to walk with him.

“So, can we go together at that party thing? Or you already asked someone to go with you?” She switched topics again.

“Not going with prince charming?” Lucas asked her, his tone sharper than intended, but Diana didn’t seem to mind.

“I don’t need a prince charming. Can you just come by and pick me up?” She asked again, Lucas laughed and nodded.

“I’ll be there, congratulations on your new job then.”

“Don’t remind me.” She said darkly, Lucas just tugged her closer to him as they headed to class.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++