037

Him & I

 

“It’s just not fair.” Diana murmured as they stepped away from the food cart.

“It’s only right, I did disrespect him in front of the whole team.”

“He knew you were in~ I mean, your shoulder’s not really well. He should have at least…”

“It’s fine, Diana. Let it go.” Lucas nudged her, she puffed her cheeks and hooked arms with his.

What to do? I can’t.

I won’t.

“They’re going to look for us, you know. We’re supposed to be having dinner with them.”

“It’s fine. We’re always around them, it’s time we talk about things. How are you?” Lucas aked her.

“Well, I still haven’t been able to talk to my brother and Haerin unnie.”

“Diana, I know your father has been trying to reach out to you.” Lucas told her, she scrunched her nose at him.

“Let’s talk about us instead.” She beamed at him, Lucas shook his head. Diana sighed.

Her father had been trying to call her ever since news broke out, and well ever since Diana had him fired. And, Diana being the sweet darling angel that she is, has blocked all his calls.

“Diana,” He sighed at her.

“What’s there to discuss? This is what they get for leaving everything to me.”

“Diana, he’s your father.” Lucas stated, Diana rolled her eyes.

“You know, rather than talking about my father, can’t we just hang out and be normal again?” Diana groaned, Lucas paused and he met her gaze.

“Two years, Wong. Two years.”

“I cannot believe you’re pulling this on me, but it works.” Lucas chuckled, Diana smiled back at him.

“I’m glad we bumped into each other again.” Lucas said.

“I’m glad you put up with me too, I was such a to you, Wong.”

“Come on, this is nothing. You’re my favorite headache.”

“Ughh.” She shuddered, Lucas chuckled at her.

 

 

Diana went down from her room and found her two friends having breakfast.

“We didn’t see you at dinner.”

“I had to talk to Lucas. Someone has to yell at him so he’d go to therapy for his arm.”

“What?”

Diana exhaled and let out a shaky breath.

“Did you guys know that he was flown to London after the accident?”

“No.” Lina was confused, Ming set her coffee down.

“What are you talking about?”

“I noticed that…his left arm has been bothering him. I don’t know if you’re aware, but…he doesn’t swim as well as he did in the past.” Diana murmured, she looked at her fingers. Lina frowned, knowing their friend, Diana must have been keeping this for quite some time now.

“So, I checked on it, I knew it was wrong. But I needed to know.”

“What’s wrong with his arm?” Ming asked.

“He got injured during that accident. It was so bad that, he needed two procedures in London.” Diana stated, they noticed how tears lined her eyes.

“W—What?”

“I wasn’t the only one who got hurt, and yet I hated him so much because I was told he came out unscathed. I thought he left without turning back.”

“Di~”

“It wasn’t that he turned his back on me, it was because he couldn’t and yet, I hated him, I cursed him so much for that.”

“Diana, you didn’t know that. I mean, no one probably knew~”

“No, I should have at least asked, Lina. But I only looked out for myself.”

“Diana~”

“I feel like there’s a lot of things I don’t know. And it bothers me.” She said, and then her phone started ringing. She looked at the screen, it was Jaehyun.

She sighed before sliding down from the stool.

“I’m…I’m going to get ready for school.” She said as she went back to her room, leaving her phone as it rang on the table.

 

 

Diana was looking at her phone as she walked in the building, she was checking messages from the company. Everything was going alright, but Kang Juyeon just wont stop.

She puffed her cheeks, she was about to head straight for the elevators when she felt someone tug on her backpack.

“I’m surprised seeing you in school early.” Lucas said as he took her hand in his.

“I decided to cut some negativity off my life and did not pass by work this morning.” She replied, amused.

“Have you eaten? How about we grab a bite?” Lucas asked as he took her backpack, Diana paused and watched as he slung it over his shoulder.

Her forehead creased, Lucas looked at her quizzically.

“Is something wrong?” He asked her, she shook her head.

“No. Let’s eat.” Diana grinned at him, Lucas chuckled.

“You mentioned your parents were visiting. Are they still travelling around up to now?”

“Not as much, but they’re in Taiwan now, for the expansion.”

“I haven’t been in Taiwan in a while.” She hummed back as they approached the campus gates, Lucas wrapped one arm around her as they crossed the street. Diana looked at him, her eyes narrowing.

“Come on, Diana. People already think we’re a couple. Why not~”

“Whoa, and you gave me so much trouble for not reacting about the rumors, and look at you now,” She muttered darkly.

“Still not dropping my arm.” Lucas stuck his tongue out, Diana sighed, not wanting to argue any longer.

“Do we tell our friends? Or do we just let them know?” Diana murmured, Lucas was searching for a restaurant.

“Knowing our friends, in their heads we’re already together. So, let them be.”

Diana wordlessly nodded back, Lucas nudged her again.

“Are you sure you’re okay, Di?” Lucas stopped in front of her, Diana nodded back.

“Yeah, it’s just been a rough week.” She replied, Lucas scrunched his nose at her, and then he smirked before kissing her cheek.

“Lucas~”

“Diana?”

She paused and turned her head, it was Junghoon staring back at them.

“So, t—the rumors were true.” He stuttered, Diana exhaled.

“Junghoon~”

“You’re really heartless, Diana.” Junghoon spat before turning away from them, Lucas blinked at her and then he started to laugh.

“Aigoo, Hendery already told you to let him down. Why did you not?”

“Now’s not the time, come on. Let’s get some food in you.” She took his hand and pulled him towards the café. Lucas followed her in to the building, he watched as Diana searched for a table and then he glanced back behind him.

Junghoon was already running back to the campus.

Lucas exhaled, he crossed his arms before walking towards Diana.

 

 

Lucas looked up from his desk as Jaehyun walked in the lecture hall, Diana was speaking with their other classmates a few desks away from them.

“Hey, Di,”

She looked up and smiled.

“I’ve been trying to reach you.”

“Right, I’m sorry, oppa. Something came up this morning, what’s up?” Diana faced him, Lucas sat up and leaned back on his seat.

“Hey, I can’t join you later for lunch.” Hendery spoke to him.

“Hmm?”

“Ming and Lina, they said something about trying this new clothing line. And they need a translator.” Hendery fibbed, Lucas nodded back at him, not really listening.

“He’s quite persistent, isn’t he?” Hendery spoke.

“It’s only because Diana’s being nice to him.”

“And, you don’t like that.” Hendery was amused, he leaned on the table and watched as the two interacted.

“I won’t ask her to stop talking to him, don’t smile like that.” Lucas muttered at him, Hendery chuckled.

“Oh come on, Wong boy, Diana will always turn to you.” Hendery mused, and then Diana turned her head towards them and she smiled.

Lucas felt his tummy do that thing.

Butterflies.

And he smiled back at her.

“And, of course, you have always been looking at her.” His friend chuckled and took out his notes. Lucas watched as Jaehyun bid her goodbye, he tucked a lock of hair behind her head before stepping out of the room. Diana walked up to them and plopped down on her seat.

“What was that, Di?” Hendery asked her, Lucas’s eyes were on Lucy as she hurriedly shut her laptop across them.

“Oppa was telling me about this Japanese place he wanted to try. But my hands are tied with school stuff and work.” She recounted, Lucas smiled and leaned his head on her shoulder. Hendery blinked at the two and smiled to himself.

“Of course, you would rather eat carrots than chew on raw fish, Diana.” Lucas mused at her, Diana ignored him and let the male lean on her shoulder, Lucas smiled to himself and slowly untucked the lock of her hair behind ear.

“But, I don’t mind a little sushi. Without the raw fish.” Lucas told her, she eyed him warily before nodding.

“We’re eating sushi later then.”

Lucas smiled and pressed his nose against the fabric of her shirt.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++