025

Him & I

“Di,” Haerin smiled as the girl walked into the room, Diana plopped down on the bed and looked around her.

“Why does it look like you’re leaving?” She asked, Haerin’s closet was almost empty.

“Well, it’s a spontaneous trip. I have to be prepared for the weather.”

Diana nodded and crossed her legs, Haerin turned to her.

“Is school okay?”

“Yeah. Jaehyun oppa will be picking me up tomorrow, so the driver can drive you to the airport.”

“Nice. You’ll be fine alone, right?” Haerin started to worry, Diana chuckled.

“Unnie, like you said, I’m not five anymore. I wont burn the house down, pinky promise.”

Haerin snorted and sat beside her, Diana was about to speak when her phone pinged. She took out her phone and discovered Lucas had texted her.

Please check your email. School stuff. Ugh. -Wong

She smiled to herself before typing in a quick reply.

Don’t want to. Give me a break. 

Haerin leaned back on the couch and glanced at the girl curiously.

Was two years not enough? Oops, too early? -Wong

Diana rolled her eyes and sent him the middle finger emoji, to which he replied with a bunch of kissy faces.

I was just joking. You know I missed you. -Wong

Diana chewed on the insides of her cheeks, her forehead creasing.

You don’t have to reply. Have a good night, Di. -Wong

“You were saying, unnie?” Diana turned her eyes to her sister-in-law.

“Nothing, let’s have dinner. I’ll make you your favorite.” Haerin patted her hand before pulling her out of the room.

 

 

“Did you sleep well?” Jaehyun asked as he drove away from the house.

“I did, I had to wake up early to see unnie before she left. Thanks for coming by to pick me up, oppa.”

“It’s nothing. Have you eaten?”

“I have. But you don’t have class today, is it really okay for you to be driving me around?” She felt a little guilty.

“It’s fine, Di. I promised noona that I’d look after you.”

Diana smiled and turned to the window.

“Your weekends are going to be empty.”

“Tell me about it.”

Jaehyun chuckled at her reply.

“Then, do you want to go out? We can drive to Everland. You haven’t been there, right?” He briefly glanced at her.

“Sounds great, oppa.” She smiled as she reached for her purse and took out a packet of her favorite soda flavored gummies.

“Here,” She placed it on the console, Jaehyun’s brows rose up.

“What’s this? Payment?” He chuckled and reached for the candy.

“You can take it as that, eat it later when you’re at work.” She nodded with a small smile.

“Hmm, I’ll keep that in mind, Di.” Jaehyun said as he reached out to gently pat her head, Diana nodded back and leaned on her seat.

“Is that boy giving you problems? That...Junghoon?”

Diana shrugged at him, not wanting to talk about the male.

“It’s nothing I can’t fix, oppa. Don’t worry about it.”

 

 

Yang Yang looked up as Diana walked in the room, from the scowl on her face he could see that she wasn’t in a pleasant mood. And then he noticed Junghoon walking behind her.

Lucas moved in his seat and followed his gaze, he glanced at his friend. Yang Yang hurriedly raised his hand for her, but Wong boy stood up.

“Diana,” Lucas went down the steps, she looked up and pointed to Junghoon with her eyes.

“Lucas, hey.” Junghoon cleared his throat, trying to block the other male’s path.

“I called for her, not you.” Lucas said, keeping his tone light and playful.

“We were just talking about discussing this new presentation made by professor Lee yesterday,” Junghoon said, Diana shook off her backpack and handed it to Lucas.

“Oh, I thought we were sitting together.” Junghoon smiled at her, Lucas grinned and walked back to their table.

“I...I wasn’t thinking the same.” Diana said before sidestepping the other male and stalking towards her friends. Junghoon scratched the back of his head and tossed his bag to the nearest empty desk.

“It still amazes me you haven’t went the Hulk on him, you’re not exactly the most patient person I know.” Yang Yang commented as she sat down between the two.

“I’m trying to be nice.”

“Nice? You? Where?” Lucas guffawed, Diana eyes him warily.

“Di, he sticks to you like gum.” He added, Yang Yang grinned.

“Anyway, let’s forget about him. We submit our draft tomorrow. We should meet up tonight to proofread everything.” She murmured, Lucas gently pulled her chair forward so she could lean in on the table as she spoke.

“I keep on worrying because Lucy can’t.....use grammar to save her life, but she’s so nice and I can’t confront her about it.” Diana muttered, Yang Yang chuckled. 

“Grammar?”

Diana exhaled and leaned her cheek on the table.

“Yeah, she makes so many typos, and she loves to volunteer to print everything. She doesn’t even send it to any of us so we could check, you know.” Diana’s eyebrows knit together. Lucas smiled, he was so tempted to pinch her cheek.

Diana was whining.

And she rarely whined.

“Then tell her about it, old you would have announced it already.” Lucas playfully said, he reached over to pat her back, encouraging for her to sit up straight.

“I haven’t had my second dose of caffeine yet.” She muttered as she sat up, Lucas smiled and nodded.

“Can we get coffee now?” She was frowning.

“Yep.” Lucas stood up, she smiled as they went down the steps.

“I want something sweet.” She added as she hooked arms with him.

“Two sugars on your black coffee then.” Lucas mused as they stepped out of the classroom.

“Cheesecake?” She tilted her head at him.

“Cool.”

 

 

“I like seeing your stressed out face every time we’re here.” Hendery mused as they walked in the cafeteria.

“I’m trying to actually come up with what to eat here.” She hissed at him, Xiaojun chuckled.

“Should we have lunch out?” Lucas suggested.

“Well, we have three hours of free time, professor Seon is out of town.” Yang Yang spoke. Diana looked around, she spotted Junghoon already making his way towards her.

“Yep, lunch out. Come.” She said quickly as she grabbed Yang Yang with her to the doors, Xiaojun blinked and followed the two. Lucas paused and turned behind them, his eyes went to Junghoon briefly and he turned his back.

“He’s a little pushy, huh? Poor Di.” Hendery commented as they followed the three, Lucas nodded and buried his hands in his pockets.

“She should just tell him to back off.” Lucas stated.

“Now’s not the time to be jealous, Lucas.” Hendery mused, but the latter shook his head.

“It’s not like that, he might cause problems for her if she doesn’t tell him off.” Lucas said seriously, and then Diana turned to them.

“What are we eating?” She asked.

“Oh, so you’re letting others decide?” Lucas said dryly, Hendery snorted.

“I was just being polite. I want~”

“Pizza, I know. You’ve been yapping about it since our first class.” Lucas pointed out, Xiaojun and Hendery grinned at each other.

“I was trying to make small talk.” She made a face at him.

“Sure. It was your stomach speaking. Not you.” Lucas muttered, Diana rolled her eyes at him and he laughed.

“Let’s use your Rover, Di. We’d fit there.” Yang Yang said, Lucas paused, he didn’t think about how Diana would have to ride a car with him. HIs fists curled tightly in his pockets and Hendery noticed that.

“I don’t have the Rover with me. Oppa drove me to school today.” She commented, Lucas’s brows rose up.

“I drove the Lexus today, we can take it.” Xiaojun volunteered, he tossed the keys to Hendery.

“Cool.” Diana nodded as he hooked arms with Lucas, they were about to cross the street when someone called for Lucas.

“Lucas! Guys!”

Diana looked up and saw Lucy jogging towards them, Xiaojun glanced at Yang Yang briefly.

“Lucy,” Hendery nodded at the girl.

“Are you guys off to lunch?” She asked them with a bright smile.

“Yeah, we were planning on eating at~” Yang Yang winced as Lucas sidestepped him with Diana in tow.

“We’ll wait in the parking lot.” He said over his shoulder as they crossed the street, Diana looked at him and shook her head.

“Be nice, Wong.”

“I’m hungry. I’m not nice when I’m hungry.” Lucas stated as they walked, Diana scratched the back of her head.

“Are we talking about me?” Diana blinked at him, he laughed and gently reached out to cup the back of her head briefly.

“Are we now?” He mused at her.

Meanwhile, Lucy was looking at the two as they crossed the street, her forehead creased and she exhaled. Hendery discreetly nudged his two pals.

“Well, see you later, Lucy.” Xiaojun said to her, the girl looked at him and nodded.

“Yeah, sure.” She said, she glanced at the two again before walking away from the group.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++