001

Him & I

Hong Kong, 20XX

 

 

“Diana! Get back here!”

The girl chuckled to herself as she leapt down the last three steps of stairs, she stretched her hand to grab the car key on the table and headed straight out of the front doors.

“Diana!” She could hear her brother chasing after her, she leapt inside the Audi, she immediately started the engine and connected her phone to the car.

She glanced at the side mirror and saw her brother walking after her, he looked livid. She grinned to herself and stepped on the gas and soon she was already out of their property.

Diana’s fingers expertly typed on the touchscreen console and called for her friend.

“I’m already out. Meet you there?”

“Sure. I’m on my way also. First round is on me!” She announced excitedly, Diana chuckled and nodded.

“See you there.”

“Watch your speed, Di.”

“I’ll try.”

 

 

The young male bumped fists with the bouncer as he pushed the door open for him, he walked in the swanky high-profile club with ease and familiarity. Nobody pointed out that he was only seventeen, a minor. Why?

He hailed from one of the country's most prominent families and on his own, he was quite the figure himself. People were intimidated by him, his reputation wasn’t exactly the shiniest and, he was the type to never back down from a fight.

“Wong’s here!”

He heard his friends as he neared the bar, he grinned before taking his seat.

“What took you so long? The girls got antsy without you.”

“There was this Audi in the highway, being driven like a madman.” He mused as he asked for his usual drink.

“Well, now that you’ve arrived, let’s have fun.” His friend announced as he ordered another round of drinks, and soon women started to flock around them.

“You’re late today, Lucas.”  A girl approached him and position herself on his lap, he smiled before pressing the icy cold glass on her thigh, she yelped and slid down from him.

“Traffic was bad. Now, excuse me.” He said before leaving his seat and making his way towards the DJ.

 

 

“It’s a Thursday, Lucas. Don’t you guys ever worry about school?” The DJ told him as he joined him at the booth, the male rolled his eyes.

“Look around you, ge. Do you actually think that everyone here is legally allowed to be in this place?”

The male shook his head at him.

“But, why leave your friends? Those young ladies were waiting for you.”

Lucas leaned over the railing and shrugged. The older male grinned to himself, the young Wong was quite different from his friends. He didn’t push women away, but he wasn’t exactly very welcoming to them either.

“But, ge, I heard that mister Jian was transferring? He’s the best bartender here. Why did management allow that?”

“He was kicked out.”

“Why?” Lucas’s eyes were on the crowd below them.

“Well, the boss witnessed him making out with one of the kitchen staff in the kitchen...and when I say making out, it’s not just making out.”

Lucas guffawed.

“Well, if I were you, I’d stay away from the food here.”

Lucas chuckled, he was about to reply when something, someone caught his eye. 

“Wow.” He said softly.

The older male looked up from his laptop.

“What is it? A fight broke out again?”

“No.” Lucas was still staring, the other male followed his gaze and grew amused.

“Yukhei. Not her.”

“What? Why?” Lucas looked genuinely offended, the male laughed.

“She’s trouble. Just like you.”

“Perfect.” Lucas replied before tucking his phone in his back pocket. The DJ could only watch as the younger male headed down to the club’s entrance, to where the strikingly beautiful lady was standing with her friends.

“Diana.”

 

 

“You took your brother’s car? Again?”

Diana chuckled heartily as they made their way to the bar, her friend ordered their first round and took a seat.

“He’s having some guests over tonight so he won’t be able to chase me down here, and my sister-in-law’s flying in tomorrow. So, he will be quite busy.”

“You know, it’s quite rare for sister-in-laws and sisters to get along.”

Diana was about to lean over to get a drink when someone tapped her on the back, her friend turned quiet and grinned at her.

She turned her head and paused, there was a tall male standing before her, she puffed her cheeks.

“I’m not interested,” She said, he just smiled back at her.

“But, I am.”

Diana paused, her brows rose at him. And then he put his hand out, he tilted his head at her before speaking.

“Lucas.”

“I don’t really care, but, okay.” She muttered before taking his offered hand, Lucas grew amused, the girl had not told him her name yet.

And he had a feeling she wont.

“What should I call you then? Long Island? Bloody Mary? Bailey’s?” He spoke to her, the girl grew amused.

“Persistent, aren’t you?” She mused back, he shrugged at her. Diana tried to size him up, he looked confident. No, he was confident of himself. But not arrogant. He didn’t look that bad. She felt her friend kick her ankle. Fine, he was good-looking, the type would girls would cry over.

But was he worth her time?

“You’re kind of embarrassing me here. If you’re going to let me down, at least do it quickly.” He said playfully, he was grinning at her, showing her his pearly whites.

“It’s Diana.” She replied to him, Lucas winked at her before inviting himself to join her and her group of friends.

“I only said my name, it wasn’t an invitation.” Diana pointed out as she sat down beside him, Lucas handed her a new drink before replying.

“Come on, Diana. Loosen up.” He said teasingly, she could feel her friends eyeing them with interest.

“You may be too old for me. You could go to jail for this.”

Lucas chuckled and leaned back on his seat.

“Well, wouldn’t that be an adventure. Cheers?” He raised his glass to her, Diana shook her head and clinked glasses with him.

“Cheers to you, you brave weirdo.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++