033

Him & I

 

“So, Diana suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Literally, popped out and came walking around campus, we were all so shocked to see her.” Xiaojun said in a cheerful tone as they waited for their food.

“Imagine how stunned I was to see you four again.” Diana shot back, Lucas grinned at her.

“Everyone was so curious about her, Di didn’t talk much or even associated herself with others, so I had to step in.” Hendery said jokingly.

“Right, Diana can be super cold when wants to be.” Ming mused.

“I wasn’t~”

“Diana, I saw how that freshman handed you a box of chocolates and you left it at the library. Purposely.” Yang Yang pointed out, Lina laughed.

“Lucas didn’t even know how to approach her, it was crazy.” Xiaojun added.

“I needed time to reboot my brain.” Diana pointed out, their food started to arrive.

“How does she manage cafeteria food?” Lina asked, Lucas clapped his hands at her.

Diana glared at him.

“There’s always two options to that, Lina.” Lucas began as he sliced the steak thinly.

“I usually bring her something to eat, or we have to leave campus.”

“Wow, Diana, I thought Korea would have helped you with your pickiness.” Ming chuckled, Diana shrugged.

“The food there is just..ugh.” She explained as Lucas handed her steak back to her, now already sliced into bite size pieces.

“Actually, it’s not that bad. Diana’s just being Diana.” Hendery chimed in.

“Sure, let’s continue this episode of roasting Diana while she eats, go ahead, guys.” Diana muttered as she picked up her fork, Lucas smiled and gently patted her hand.

“Is it okay?” He asked as she chewed, she nodded.

“It’s good.” She replied as she placed some slices on his plate and took a bit of his grilled chicken, Lucas nodded back and began to eat. Lina smiled as she caught the moment between the two, while Hendery’s forehead furrowed.

 

 

“This is what you call an after party,” Diana repeated as Xiaojun and Lucas unloaded the shopping bags from the car. They had just arrived at the Wu residence, and Lina wanted them to celebrate their little reunion with an after party, which meant, tubs of ice cream, a huge cake and frosting.

“Is the house safe?” Lucas turned to her, the two girls blinked.

“What? Safe? What do you mean?” Ming asked, Yang Yang blinked at her.

“Diana?” Hendery turned to the girl, she grinned at Lucas.

“Well,”

The doors suddenly opened, and Kang Juyeon walked out of the house. Lucas put the bags down and looked at the lady.

“You!”

“Why hello, miss Kang.” Diana mused as she stepped towards her, Ming and Lina looked on, anticipating.

“You think this is funny?” She yelled at Diana, the girl paused, smelling the chili from her breath.

“What is? The fact that you’re dressed in designer but you reek like pepper paste? Or, the fact that you went all the way here and still get nothing?”

“Diana, you think I’m here because of a mere job? Do you really think that?” Juyeon challenged her, Diana shrugged.

“I tend to save my brain’s energy for much more relevant things, but go on,”

“Your father promised me a position at your Seoul branch. A seat at the board.” She chuckled, Diana turned her head, her jaw tightened.

Her friends were stunned.

“Your father will be releasing a statement in a few days’ time, and I~”

“Get out.” Diana suddenly spoke, the woman blinked at her.

“Excuse me?”

“Get the out of our property!” Diana bellowed, Ming and Lina paused.

“Oh no,” Yang Yang murmured.

“Who are you to say that? I am carrying~

“I said get the out!” Diana grabbed Juyeon’s phone from her hand and tossed it across the pavement, the woman gasped.

“I will sue~”

“You are the one who’s trespassing, you . This is Wu property. And are you one? Did my father marry you? No, right? So, why don’t you,” Diana took a step closer to her.

“Do yourself a favor and leave.”

“Your father told me~”

“Does it look like I give a ing damn what he told you?” Diana closed in the space between them.

Diana, she’s not worth it. Calm down.” Lucas spoke, Diana’s icy glare went to him briefly.

“I deserve a spot here, Diana, I~”

“I’m giving you ten minutes to get all of your things out of here, but if you fail to do so,” Diana spoke again, her tone soft but deadly.

Diana,” Lucas spoke, he stepped forward and stood behind her.

“You’re really going to meet the old me.” She smiled at Juyeong, Hendery and Xiaojun grimaced.

“And old Diana? My father would never even dare cross her.” Diana winked at her before walking towards the house, her friends were about to follow suit when the doors flew open again.

And Juyeon’s designer purses started flying out of the foyer.

“Maybe you can sell them and get yourself a studio type apartment?” Diana hummed at her, Juyeon gasped as she saw the mess.

“Come on,” Xiaojun urged them to move along and step in the house.

“I will get you for this, you !” Juyeon yelled at her.

“People have tried! Toodles!” Diana blew her a kiss before shutting the door again.

 

 

Jaehyun looked at the male and nodded for him speak.

“The young man you asked about, his name is Lucas Wong. Wong Yukhei.”

“You were right, sir. He went to the same school with miss Wu. As well as his three other friends, from what I’ve heard, they were all close with each other.”

“I noticed that.” Jaehyun opened his laptop.

“There’s really nothing much to know about him, well, only that he flew to London for two surgeries on his arm.”

“Arm?”

“Yes, his left arm was injured or something, the records were a bit complicated to translate. I’m still waiting a call from the office.”

“What kind of surgery is it? He has to fly to London.” Jaehyun murmured to himself.

“Do you want me to look more into it, sir?”

“No, I’ll read the file myself.” Jaehyun thanked the male and took the folder from him, he was about to open it when an article appeared on the homepage, he paused.

“Kang Juyeon?” He read, and then he winced as he read the article.

“I read that a few minutes ago, apparently this woman claims that miss Wu has been tormenting her ever since she got pregnant with chairman Wu’s child. It..seems pretty bad, sir.”

Jaehyun sighed, he picked up his phone and dialed for Diana’s number. The male excused himself.

The call was answered after two rings.

“Hello?” A masculine voice answered, Jaehyun was taken aback. And then he recognized the voice.

“Is Diana there?”

“She’s a bit busy. Try calling later.” The voice from the other line replied before ending the call.

Jaehyun exhaled and tossed his phone away from him.

“Lucas.” He spat.

 

 

“She’s unbelievable.” Lina said as the girls walked in the kitchen.

“Yeah, well, she’s gone now.” Diana replied as she took out some bowls and plates.

“Hey, Di,” Ming said as she sat on one of the stools.

“You and Lucas seem to be doing well, what does that mean?”

Diana looked up, and her forehead creased.

“What are you talking about?”

“Di, we know you.” Ming said as she took the cake out of the box, Lina looked at the two.

“You and Lucas can never be just friends.” Lina added, Diana swallowed and she sat down.

“Everything is in a good place right now, Ming, I don’t want that to change. And I’m happy, I don’t think I should dwell on~”

“We know that, Diana. But you and Lucas, you can’t do this to him.” Lina stated, Diana blinked at her.

“Can’t you see it, Di? The way he looks at you, nothing has changed.”

“Lina~”

“It’s still you for him, Diana. No matter how much you push him away, you will always be his priority.”

“I—I just~”

“Please don’t lead him on, Di. You both have been hurt enough. And I know you’d want the best fro Lucas too, with feelings or not.” Lina explained, Diana paused, she looked away and chewed on her lower lip.

“We both know about that other guy, Jaehyun.” Ming started, Diana turned to them.

“We’re just friends~”

“I don’t think he sees it that way.” Lina said as she took the ice cream with her and went to the living room. Ming scrunched her nose at Diana before following their friend.

“Hey, you okay?”

Diana glanced behind her, Lucas had walked in with some of their shopping bags.

“Yeah.” She answered quickly, Lucas grinned at her.

“You kicked her out.”

“I wanted to do more than kicking out.” She replied as she leaned against the counter behind her, Lucas shook his head in amusement.

“She might attack again, are you prepared for that?” He asked her, Diana rolled her eyes.

“Can she do it after exam week? I’m really really busy.” She whined and crossed her arms, Lucas walked to her and placed his palms on the counter behind her, trapping her in his arms.

Diana paused, and she diverted her gaze.

“You have me if you need anything.” He said before taking out something from his jean pocket.

“You left it in the car.” Lucas stated as he placed the phone on the counter.

“She really might be a headache, Wong.” Diana met his gaze again.

“I know, but she wouldn’t stand a chance against you.” He gave her one of his small shy smiles before kissing the side of her head and walking away.

Lucas fixed his coat and smirked to himself.

“He probably won’t call later.” He whispered before joining his friends.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++