035

Him & I

Jaehyun walked in the lecture hall only to find his classmates chatting amongst each other while looking at their phones.

“Oh, you’re here.” Doyoung called him over, he nodded and made his way towards them.

“What’s going on? Did class get cancelled?” He asked as he sat down, Doyoung grinned and handed his phone to the male.

“They’re talking about your lady love.”

Jaehyun blinked and took the device and then he paused.

“Someone anonymously posted that at the school’s page, apparently that boy you are so annoyed with is actually her ex. Explains why they seem close.”

Jaehyun browsed through the photos, his forehead creased but then he saw the link on the last part of the post.

“They’re even talking about that accident that almost killed her too, apparently, Lucas walked out unscathed. And he was drunk driving that night.” Doyoung jutted his lips and shook his head. Jaehyun hurriedly opened the link and then it hit him.

Haerin had mentioned the accident, he could even remember years ago when his cousin called him, she was crying.

She told him that Diana got in a big car accident. And that she was in a dangerous stage.

Lucas was the driver. He was the ex-boyfriend Kris loathed so much.

 

 

“I still can’t reach her.” Ming said as she put her phone back in her purse.

“She’s probably at work, Diana’s a big boss now.” Yang Yang chuckled as he opened a candy bar.

“I bet Kang Juyeon is in hiding now, Wu Holdings isn’t holding back with all the cases they filed against her.” Hendery added.

“Well, she’s still Diana.” Ming chuckled.

“Lucas is annoyed because it doesn’t seem to bother Diana.” Hendery spoke as they walked towards the gymnasium.

“I kinda get where she’s coming from,” Lina spoke.

“Lina,”

“I know, I know, but it’s not like they should deny it, right? It really did happened, they were once an item.” She pointed out, Xiaojun nodded in agreement.

“And, when you talk about their past, it’s not like the accident is never going to be brought up too.”

“Still, I think Diana should at least do something about it. What if her brother finds out that Lucas is here?” Ming blurted out, Lina glared at the girl, the other one shut quickly. Hendery blinked at them.

“Kris hates him.” Yang Yang murmured.

“So, are we really all going to deny that he was the reason of their breakup? It’s really clear as day that he is.” Xiaojun pointed out wanly, the group turned quiet.

“What do you know, Xiaojun?” Lina asked, Hendery elbowed his friend. They reached the doors and made way to the bleachers.

“Hendery,” Lina grabbed his arm, the latter exhaled.

“Let’s talk about it after this, I don’t..think Diana is ready to hear everything.”

 

 

Diana cussed under her breath as she slid down from her car, she jogged towards the gymnasium and searched for her friends. The place was already quite full and she had a feeling she had just made it in time before the event started.

“Di!” She heard Ming call for her, she looked up and spotted her group. She made her way up and sat down between Hendery and Lina.

“Where were you?” Hendery asked her.

“Something came up at work, they needed me to sign some documents.” She murmured back, the latter nodded.

“Students are still talking about you two,” Lina patted her knee, Diana nodded back.

“Jaehyun oppa mentioned this yesterday, I did call the school to have it taken down.”

“Jaehyun?”

“Yeah, he thinks it must be someone who’s very interested in our lives.” Diana rolled her eyes, Lina frowned.

“It might be someone who’s angry at either you two.”

“Angry? Why would~” She paused when the voice on the speaker announced that the event will be starting, everyone’s eyes went to the pool are as the swimmers stepped out.

Lucas walked out with the coach, the two were talking seriously. And then the athletes were asked to stand in their respective lanes. They took off their robes and grabbed their gear. Diana leaned forward, her forehead creased.

“I haven’t seen him swim in years.” Ming mused, Lina nodded back. And then a loud shot was heard, they all went into the water. Xiaojun was on edge as their friend lead the game, Lucas was doing well. He had been going to therapy like instructed, but they knew he’d been distracted a lot lately.

“What’s going on with him?” Ming suddenly spoke, Diana halted.

Lucas had disappeared, the lifeguard suddenly leapt in the pool. The game was halted.

“What’s this? Is he~” Yang Yang froze when the lifeguard brought up Lucas, he was moving, but something was wrong.

He was clutching onto his arm, his face crumpled in pain. The other athletes helped him up and he was laid down on the floor.

The coach walked up to him, Lucas was already sitting up. And then the male instructed for Lucas to join his teammates on the bench. Lucas adamantly shook his head, he stood up and started to argue with the older male.

“Oh no.” Hendery murmured, and then Lucas slammed his fist against the nearby table and disappeared into the locker room.

Diana exhaled, she put her purse aside and rushed down from the bleachers.

 

 

Lucas stood under the shower as icy cold water pelted his body, he hadn’t even changed out of his swim trunks. He remained motionless, not minding the freezing temperature.

His eyebrows were knitted together as he stood, his arm was still throbbing but he ignored it.

“She almost died because of his stupidity.”

“But, I always see her with that senior, Jung Jaehyun sunbae. And to be honest, he suits her better.”

“He’s the better choice for her.”

“Exactly, Jaehyun sunbae is perfect. She’s probably safer with him too.”

He let out a breath and shook his head. He heard the doors open, and he braced himself. It was probably the coach out to yell at him again.

He paused when the glass door opened, Diana stood there, looking at him.

“Lucas,” She spoke.

“Leave me alone, Diana.” He replied, Diana shook her head and she stepped in the shower with him. She flinched as her clothes stuck to her skin, but she stood before him, trying to meet his gaze.

Lucas exhaled.

“What’s going on? Are you hurt?”

“Hurt? You don’t even care that everyone’s talking about us.” Lucas spoke softly.

“You’ll catch a cold like this, come on.” Diana tried to reach for his hand, but Lucas pulled back.

“Just leave me alone.”

Diana shook her head, she brushed her already soaking hair away from her face. She stared at him, her eyebrows knitting together.

And then she pushed herself upwards, cupped his right cheek and pressed her lips against his.

“Come back to me, Wong.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++