046

Him & I

 

Diana smiled as their food was being served, Lucas grinned at his father.

“Will it dampen the mood if I ask about school?” Mrs. Wong asked.

“Yes.” Lucas’s reply was quick, his mother sent a him a dry look.

“School’s okay, auntie. We have a lot of reports to turn in this week, but we’re still breathing.” Diana replied politely.

“Only Diana would talk about school pleasantly. I’m happy you’re here to join us, miss Wu.” Lucas’s father said playfully.

“Exactly, if only our son would have at least half of her interest in studying, then maybe we wouldn’t have to constantly~”

“Ma,” Lucas whined, Diana laughed.

“Actually, Lucas has been a big help to me, uncle. Ever since I transferred…he’s been teaching me a lot of things.”

“Really?”

“Pa, you have no idea how difficult it is just to get lunch with her.” Lucas started, Diana glared at him.

“I remember, Diana’s the picky eater and our son eats anything.” Mrs. Wong hummed.

“Wow, I never win in this family.” Lucas stated flatly, the elders chuckled.

“We’re just really glad that you two finally patched things up, and as always, you are always welcome to join us Diana.” Mrs. Wong gave her a warm smile, Diana nodded back, not knowing what to say.

“I did hear about you taking over, how is it so far? Your father tried to reach me, thinking I’d help him talk you out of it.” Mr. Wong opened up, Diana paused, her brows rose up.

“My father?” She repeated.

“Your father found out..everything, he visited me in Taiwan for a few days, he..apologized about everything. He said he and your brother had no idea what really happened.” He explained, Lucas paused and his eyes went to the girl.

“I’m…I had no idea about that, uncle. I’m sorry if he~”

“It’s fine, you don’t have to apologize. All is well now, but, I am not going to talk you out of what you’re doing right now. I applaud you, actually.” Mr. Wong clinked glasses with her, Diana was stunned.

“Y—Yes?”

“For being so brave and taking that big of a responsibility. Not a lot of young people nowadays do that, Diana.”

“Thank you, uncle.” Diana replied and smiled at the adult.

“Pa, Diana did it because she was pissed and~”

Diana turned her gaze to him, he shrunk back on his seat and rolled his eyes at her.

“She wasn’t pissed. She was all jolly when she did it.” Lucas murmured, Diana grinned back at him and he reached out to brush the bits of food from the side of her lip.

The Wong elders looked at the two and smiled at each other.

The two were the perfect pair.

 

 

Haerin smiled as the lady walked in the living room. Kris winced as his mother took the seat across his.

“I was already planning on coming home, but I didn’t know I had to rush it.”

“Ma~”

“Lying to your sister and keeping her in the dark. You’ve done it, son.”

“I didn’t know you’d be arriving today; I would have sent~”

“No, don’t bother.” The elder shook her head, Haerin grinned at her husband.

“Ma, I’ve been trying to talk to her.”

“Did you apologize?”

Kris looked away, the lady scrunched her nose, not surprised.

“Of course, knowing you, you would confront her and yell at her the minute you saw her.”

Kris didn’t speak, he just crossed his arms.

“You are at fault, Yifan. You’ve been lying to her for years, without…tell me, you know what happened to the young man, right?”

Kris looked up and swallowed.

“I recently just found out, all I heard back then was that he left the country for a while.”

Haerin shook her head.

“He used his body to shield Yinghua from the impact, how could you do that to him? How could you do that to them?”

“Ma~”

“Talk to her. You both need each other, especially with your father not being to fulfill his duties properly.” She muttered as she stood up.

“She won’t even face me, ma.”

“Lucas is there, isn’t he? Go to him first.”

Kris nodded and also stood up, and then his mother faced him again.

“Your sister may really be mad at you now, but Diana…she’s not capable of hating a person for so long. But, between the two of you, I must admit,”

“She’s always been the one with the temper, but with the bigger heart.”

“Low blow, ma.”

The lady chuckled and squeezed his hand.

“Eldest kids have to be tough, Yifan. And, trust me, talk to the Wong boy first. He’ll know how to talk your sister out of this.”

“Even you? Ma, surely you can call Diana and she’ll~”

“I can call her and she’ll come see me, son. But, you two have to fix this thing amongst yourselves.”

 

 

Diana was tapping her fingers on her notebook as their professor went on with the discussion, Yang Yang was on her left dozing off while Lucas was checking his emails on his laptop.

“You already submitted yours?” He spoke to her, she nodded back. He was referring to the report for professor Shin’s class.

“I did, this morning.” Diana said as she opened her bottle of water and handed it to him. He grinned and took a long sip.

“I thought you were going shopping with the girls today.”

Diana shook her head, their professor switched off the projector and they were dismissed.

“No. I passed. You said you wanted me to attend class.” She mused as they stood up, she patted Yang Yang’s back, and the male blinked at her.

“Wake up, sleepyhead.” She grinned, Lucas followed her down the steps.

“So, you’re okay with being here?” He asked as he walked with her, Diana hooked arms with him.

“Yeah, I needed to catch up with our other classes anyway.”

They stepped out of the building and Yang Yang finally caught up with them. They reached the campus lawn and saw the others hanging out by their usual kiosk.

“Thanks for joining us last night, Di. Ma…was ecstatic.” Lucas spoke.

“Well, thanks for inviting me. I enjoyed dinner, your mom’s cooking is the bomb.” She confessed, he chuckled.

“And,” Diana paused and she turned to face him.

“Hmm?” He smiled, leaning down to her eye level.

“Can you come by to pick me up later? I don’t feel like driving myself to the party.”

“You didn’t have to ask; I was planning on it.” He mused as he pressed his nose against her forehead before stirring her towards their friends.

“I still don’t particularly like how my father contacted your father for help.” She said softly, her forehead creasing. Lucas’s lips curled up slightly.

“Pa’s not bothered by it, you shouldn’t be.” He said softly.

“My family’s done enough to yours, Wong.” She said without looking at him, the guys weren’t paying attention to them.

“Di, it’s fine. All that matters is that everyone’s okay now. Especially you.” He said as he leaned his chin over the top of his head, Diana puffed her cheeks and looked at their friends.

“Yeah.”

Lucas smiled, feeling how tensed up she was, he gently squeezed her frame.

“It’s fine, Diana. It really is.” He said soothingly, Diana didn’t speak and just gave him a small nod.

 

 

“Hi!” Ming hopped across the room to greet Diana, the latter glanced around and blinked.

“I thought…this was like a small thing?” Diana asked, a little concerned. Ming and Lina had rented the whole club, and half of the people around them were new faces to her.

“Small? Come on, you took over a company, that doesn’t look small.”

“Uhm, but we already celebrated that?” Diana murmured, the girl waved her off and walked them to their table.

Lucas walked in, his eyes scanned the room briefly. He grew amused before joining Diana and Lina on their table.

“Ming left to get us something to drink.” Lina said.

“How did you manage to prepare all this? Good job, though.” Lucas mused as he straightened up on his seat.

“Ming..had one of her sudden ideas again, and she wanted to act on it right away. I’m beginning to worry that we should probably head home soon.”

“But you two are having fun here.” Diana told her, Lucas spotted Hendery and Xiaojun in the crowd.

“I’ll join the guys.” He said, the two nodded back at him and he left.

“We might need to fly back soon, you can always drop by Hong Kong, Diana. Don’t worry.” Lina , Diana yawned and shook her head.

“Maybe I can fly back during my break.”

“Take Lucas with you, to make it really official.” She joked, Diana playfully shoved her arm and then her phone suddenly started to ring.

“It’s the office. I’ll be back.” Diana said as she slid down from the booth, she made her way across the crowd of dancing people, she saw Lucas looked up from their table. He tilted his head at her.

“Phone call.” She mouthed at him, he gave her a small nod and the girl stepped out of the establishment.

“Yes,”

“Ma’am, I have some news.” Her secretary spoke carefully, from his tone of speaking, Diana could already sense a headache coming.

“What is it?”

“It’s your..father, president.”

Diana exhaled, she took a few steps away from the club and shook her head.

“He has been calling your office nonstop, demanding that you meet with him, ma’am.”

She rolled her eyes and leaned back against the post behind her.

“He also caused a scene earlier at the company parking lot, people were watching.” He added worriedly, Diana puffed her cheeks and looked at the sky.

“I’ll take care of it, do I have anything for tomorrow?”

“No, I cleaned out your schedule for the week, ma’am. And, another thing,”

“What is it?” She sighed.

“It’s about miss Kang, she’s still..accepting interviews. And now, she’s claiming that she miscarried the baby because you stressed her out.”

Diana closed her eyes briefly, she could feel the heat rising up her neck.

“I’ll be at the office tomorrow.” She said as she ended the call, she was about to head back to the party when someone suddenly yanked her back.

“What the hell?” Diana hissed as her phone slid away from her feet, and she turned around, her eyes widened.

“J—Junghoon-ah.”

“I’ve been trying to reach you.” He said as he leaned her his face closer to her, Diana tried to wriggle from his grip, but he only tugged her back.

“Junghoon, please don’t do this.” She struggled to push him off her, and then she winced as she felt a stinging pain on her arm.

“No one will come for you now,” Junghoon hummed at her, Diana looked at her arm, she was stunned when she realized the she had cut herself with the zipper of Junghoon’s jacket.

“You rich brats are too much. Getting me kicked out? You destroyed me, Diana!” He yelled at her as he pushed her against the wall, Diana winced in pain.

“Jung~”

“You know, I don’t like being the type of boyfriend who follows you around too much, but I think I should change that.”

Lucas reached over to grab Junghoon by the back of his neck and he pulled him away from Diana, the girl exhaled and fixed her dress.

“Lucas,” She was about to speak to him, but the male turned to Junghoon who was still on the floor.

“She destroyed you? You were harassing her.” Lucas’s voice was soft and calm, and the made Diana panic. It was the voice he used when he was trying to keep his temper down.

And usually, Lucas was never successful with that. He rarely got mad, but when he does, it was a whole another story.

People had gathered around them, she pushed herself off the wall.

“Gutsy of you to actually attempt this kind of bull again.” He spoke as he walked to wards the male, Junghoon stood up and met his gaze.

“You think you’re all that, when everybody knows she almost died because of you.” He told him, Diana finally saw the look on Lucas’s face, she immediately moved towards them.

“And, doing this makes you the better choice for her?” Wong boy continued, his eyes went to Diana for a short moment and he saw the thin line of blood rolling down from on her arm. Lucas’s jaw twitched, and then he suddenly grabbed Junghoon by the collar and took a hard swing on him. The other male landed on the ground with a loud thud.

“You son of a .” Lucas growled as he stormed towards the male as Junghoon crawled away, but Diana step between them.

“Lucas,” She said as she blocked his view of Junghoon who was being helped by the bystanders.

“Diana, you’re bleeding because of~”

“I’m okay. It’s just a small cut.” She said as she put one palm against his chest, she gently pushed him back. Diana looked up, trying to meet his gaze.

“Let’s go back inside. You can help me clean up.” She told him, Lucas finally looked down, his brows were furrowed as he tried to search her face for something else.

“Let him go.”

“He~”

“I know, but you’ve done enough. Come.” Diana laced her fingers with his. Lucas exhaled shakily, he shook off his coat and draped it around her frame.

“Let’s get that checked properly.” He said, she nodded back, not wanting to argue with him. They reached the club’s entrance, Lucas asked the valet for his car.

“Are you sure you’re okay? Your back?” Lucas asked, his right palm roamed around her back quickly.

“I am, just this one.” She gestured towards her cut, Lucas sniffed and nodded.

“Did I destroy your night?” Diana asked lightly, trying to cheer him up slightly.

“Get in the car.” Lucas said as the car pulled over right in front of them, he opened the door for them. Diana chewed on her lower lip as she walked towards the vehicle.

Lucas made the girl face him, he leaned down to press his lips against her forehead.

“I should tell Hendery to give you a hearty “I told you so”.”

“Huh?”

“He told you to reject Junghoon right away, remember?” He said as Diana slid inside the car.

“Really? You want to talk about that right now?” She sighed at him, Lucas broke into a childish smile, gone was the scary six-foot monster from earlier.

“Tossing him around made my night. Love you.” He winked before closing the door.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++a