019

Him & I

 

Diana made her way out of the building, she was in the process of calling her driver when she noticed an oddly shaped infrastructure before her.

“An indoor pool.” She said to herself, her forehead creased briefly.

“Excuse me, you’re the new student, right?”

She turned her head and saw a familiar face walking towards her, her brows rose, he was from one of her classes.

“Yes.” Her reply was short, unsure.

“We’re both in the same Econ class, I just wanted to introduce myself.” He said with a polite smile, he extended his hand to her. Diana paused, she exhaled before taking his hand in hers.

“My name’s Junghoon. Yinghua, right?”

“I go by Diana actually.”

“Nice to meet you, Diana. Are you already on your way home?” He asked, and then he followed her gaze.

“Oh, are you part of the swim team?” He asked her, Diana was about to reply when she saw a group of boys step out of the building’s doors, and then a familiar pair of dark brown eyes met hers.

Lucas paused when he saw her.

He raised his brows at her, Diana shook her head at him before facing the male before her.

“No, I was just curious about the other places here in campus. See you at class.” Diana said coolly, Junghoon smiled and nodded.

“It was nice meeting you, Diana. Hopefully, we can hang out soon. How about over a cup of coffee?”

Be nice, Diana. This isn’t Hong Kong anymore.

“Sure, maybe.” Diana shrugged at him and made her way to the parking lot.

 

 

Lucas shook his head as he slung his duffel over one shoulder.

“You keep on getting asked out, it’s crazy.” He said to himself as he reached the parking lot, he spotted Diana already on her way to the black Rover.

“Di,”

She paused and turned to look at him.

“Don’t look at me like that, I won’t be sliding a box of chocolates to your side of the desk anytime soon.” He joked, Diana ignored his comment.

“You skipped class to swim?” She asked.

“Oh, you noticed I was gone?” Lucas asked playfully, Diana narrowed his eyes at him, a warning.

“Yang Yang had no one else to annoy but me.” She snapped at him, Lucas laughed slightly, she noticed how his hair was still a little damp and that he would slightly wince when he moved his left arm.

“I was excused; we have a meet this weekend. Plus, a tournament next month.” He told her, Diana nodded back, she leaned against the car.

“You’re really serious about it?” She asked him, her tone skeptical.

“Kinda? But things aren’t really going well.” He shrugged, not wanting to talk about it further. And Diana, sensed that.

“I’ll get going then.”

“See you tomorrow, Diana.” Lucas winked at her, Diana shook her head.

“Sadly, yes. I do have to see you tomorrow.” She said as she climbed into the car, she heard him chuckle as he jogged towards his car. Diana leaned back on the seat as she watched Lucas toss his things into his car, the Gallardo’s engine purred to life and seconds later, it was already speeding away from campus grounds.

It’s scary how things are so easy for us. So easy, it’s as if we were never apart. It’s as if nothing happened.

 

 

Jaehyun smiled as Diana took the seat across him.

“Oppa, hey.”

“How’s your day going so far?” Jaehyun asked as the girl set her bag down on the empty chair beside her.

“Not bad. I had two quizzes today but it was okay.” She replied, the two were at one of the SNU’s parks inside the campus, Jaehyun had called her up and asked if she was up for some snacks.

“Noona told me that your brother would be leaving this weekend, and she also has plans to go with him.”

“Yeah, they told me that last night. Now, that I look at it, it’s like they transferred me here so they could travel together.” She said dryly, Jaehyun chuckled and opened the bag of chips between them.

“Please don’t tell me they asked you babysit?” She sighed, then her sigh grew louder when Jaehyun nodded.

“Kris hyung asked me if I could occasionally drop by the house to check on you and if you haven’t burned anything yet.” He said in a teasing manner, Diana grimaced.

“He’s so embarrassing.”

“He’s just worried, Di.”

“He’s also very overbearing, but sure, we can go with that term.” She muttered, Jaehyun smiled and gestured for her to eat.

“How’s class, oppa? You’re a senior too, you must be so busy.” She asked as she popped a chip into .

“My schedule’s not as bad as you think, I have quite a lot of free time.” He boasted, Diana rolled her eyes at him.

“Which is why we should go out this weekend, knowing my cousin, she hasn’t been able to show you around, huh?”

 

 

Hendery glanced at his friend then at the two students a few tables away from them.

“Even people are staring, it’s like a scene from a Disney film.” Yang Yang smiled, Lucas looked up from his phone.

They were speaking about Diana and Jaehyun, the two were out, chatting and laughing together as they enjoyed some chips. Lucas looked away, his forehead creasing briefly.

“On the lighter note, I’m glad you two are on better terms. I mean, Diana not turning her back to you everytime you try to talk to her, that’s quite an improvement.” Hendery said, Lucas nodded.

“Diana’s..well, Diana.” Lucas trailed off, he noticed one of their classmates, he was seated at the table just behind the two and he was just blatantly staring at the girl.

“I’m glad she’s here, it’s been boring.” Xiaojun commented, and then Diana turned her to them. Hendery grinned at her.

“She does spice things up, huh?” Yang Yang spoke, Lucas stared back at her before mouthing something.

Lunch at the cafeteria? My treat.

Diana scrunched her nose at him, he smiled. And then her lips started to move.

I would rather starve myself.

Lucas smiled and shook his head at her, and then he noticed the male from yesterday stand up from his seat and walk towards their table.

“And another one.” Yang Yang hummed before focusing back on his laptop, Hendery looked at Lucas.

“Isn’t that Junghoon? He’s from your Econ class.” Xiaojun nudged the Wong boy, the latter shrugged. Junghoon introduced himself and made himself comfortable on their table, Jaehyun was polite and spoke to him warmly.

Lucas’s eyes went to Diana, the girl was wincing as she looked at him, obviously not pleased.

“Diana literally says everything out loud with her face, huh?” Hendery laughed before leaning back on his seat.

And then Diana left her seat and crossed the lawn, she was making her way towards them.

“That was a little rude of you, Di.” Xiaojun spoke as she tossed her bag on the table.

“It was like he bathed in his perfume before leaving the house.” She coughed as she sat down, Lucas chuckled as he looked at her.

“What?” She blinked at him, annoyed. The other three males grinned at each other and remained quiet.

“You just never changed, Di.” He said, Diana pursed her lips before talking.

“I could say the same about you, but old Lucas didn’t carry around his books to class. So, meh.”

Lucas winked at her and she finally elbowed him.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++