047

Him & I

 

Lucas exhaled as he sat down on one of the plastic benches, Lina was accompanying Diana inside, the doctor was checking her scratch. And, her X-ray appointment was in thirty minutes.

Although, Diana argued, not finding the need to get her back checked, but Lucas talked her into it, and she gave up, knowing she’d lose the argument.

“Hey,”

Lucas looked up, Hendery and Ming were walking towards them.

“How is she?” Hendery asked as he sat down beside the male.

“She got cut with the zipper of his jacket, they’re treating her inside right now.” Lucas replied.

“Good thing you followed her out, Lucas.” Ming told him, Lucas just nodded back and leaned back on his seat.

“I just got off the phone with Haerin jie, she said they’ll be here shortly. With..her husband.” Ming spoke carefully, Hendery’s eyes went to Lucas and his brows went up.

“Do you want to step out for a bit? I can stay and wait for Diana.” Hendery offered, Lucas shook his head.

“It’s fine, if she doesn’t see me here when she gets out, she’ll try to escape her X-ray appointment.”

Ming smiled and nodded.

“Right, you can talk her out of crazy .” She said.

“Well, she talked me out of sending the Jeong Junghoon straight to~”

“Okay, we get it.” Ming mused at him, Lucas shrugged at her. Hendery glanced at his friend, he tilted his head at him.

“She needs me here.” Lucas stated before standing up and going to the restroom.

 

 

“What?” Kris snapped as he slid down the car, he held the door for his wife and let her go first.

“When did this happen?...No, why am I just being informed now?” He demanded as they got in the hospital.

“This…boy, where is he now?”

“Jie jie!”

Kris looked up and saw Ming waving at them, Haerin exhaled and approached the girl and then his eyes landed on a familiar male standing behind his sister’s friend.

“Yifan ge.” Ming said politely.

“How is she?” Kris spoke, Lucas turned his head to the doors again.

“They’re treating her wound, nothing major. But Lucas suggested that she also get her back checked~”

“Her back? Why?” Haerin was confused.

“He pushed her against the wall, jie. It didn’t look good.” Lucas replied, Kris shook his head and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“I can take you inside if you want to see her.” Ming offered, Haerin and Hendery nodded and padded after the girl.

Lucas swallowed and faced the older male.

“You were right.” Kris suddenly spoke, Lucas blinked and looked around them.

“About?”

“How to approach my sister.”

Lucas nodded back, Kris sat down and leaned back. The younger male took the seat four chairs away from him and looked ahead.

“That man, he’s done this before too. Harassed her.” Lucas stated.

“I just found out. You got him kicked out too, nice.” Kris replied, Lucas shook his head.

“We didn’t expect he’d come back for more.”

Kris paused, he turned to face the male and he let out a huge sigh.

“I know we got off the wrong foot, and I did some pretty horrible stuff, not just to you, but also to Yinghua,”

“You don’t~”

“So, I want to apologize. For everything I’ve done, for not giving you a chance, and for…all that.” Kris finished, Lucas slowly nodded back.

“What you did, ge, I’m not gonna deny that I hated for you it. She was the one person who kept me going, she kept me grounded, but I was bad for her too.”

“Lucas~”

“You taught me lesson, you actually help me see things differently. To be mature.”

Kris stopped, his brows rose and he slowly stretched his hand towards the younger male.

“Fresh start?” Kris spoke to him, Lucas smiled and shook his hand.

“For your sake, I’d like that.” He said in a joking tone, Kris chuckled.

“Oh, and another thing,” Kris started, Lucas nodded for him to continue.

“What’s his name again? That boy?” He asked while taking his phone out, Lucas’s brows rose and his lips curled up.

“It’s Jeon Junghoon, ge.”

 

 

Diana rolled her eyes as Lina continued to lecture her about refusing to be checked by the doctor.

The nurses had just finished cleaning the wound on her arm, fortunately, she didn’t need stitches. But, when the disinfected the area earlier, Diana screamed some colorful words that would make pirates blush, if they spoke Chinese.

“Seriously, it’s like he has a death wish or something.” Lina said as she sat down beside Diana, the nurse was finishing up with a bandage on her arm.

“He’s…crazy.” Diana muttered as she looked at her injury.

"Lucas would have really...ended him, you know." 

"Well, Lucas..." Diana trailed off, the look on her face was thoughtful.

"Lucas would do anything for you." Lina smiled, Diana shook her head.

“We have to step out for a bit, Lucas said he’ll walk you to the~”

“I know. X-ray.” She rolled her eyes, the nurse smiled before leaving the room. Diana slid down from the chair, Lina picked up her bag and followed the girl out.

“Wong~” Diana froze in mid-step as she saw her brother and his wife arrive outside, Lina looked on worriedly.

Diana’s forehead creased as she observed them, and then Kris slowly approached Lucas.

She was about to move forward, but the two were only talking. Even Haerin and Hendery were surprised to see that happen, Ming spotted her two friends by the door.

She tilted her head at them. Diana slowly nodded at her before leaving with Lina.

“Well, it seems like things are going your way, young miss.” Lina mused as she walked with her friend.

“Yeah, I hope Lucas doesn’t kill Junghoon or something.” Diana murmured under her breath, she glanced back again and Lucas spotted her.

He was about to move forward but Diana shook her head.

I thought you needed me to come with you?” He mouthed at her.

It’s okay. Just wait for me.

Lucas nodded back and sent her a thumbs up.

“If your brother doesn’t get him to first.” Lina chuckled.

 

 

“Diana!” Haerin stood up as they saw the girl, Diana looked up and smiled at her sister-in-law.

“Unnie,”

“Oh my god, what did that boy do?” She sighed before hugging the younger girl.

“I’m fine, unnie. Just a little~”

“Little? He doesn’t even deserve to breathe.” Hendery commented, Diana rolled her eyes at him.

“How did it go?” Lucas asked as he joined them, Diana looked around them.

“Your brother had to step out for a bit. Something about a phone call.” Haerin told her, the girl nodded back.

Ming and Lina exchanged knowing smiles.

“Can we get..something to eat?” Diana asked, Lucas nodded and took her purse from her.

“U—Unnie, do you want to join us?” She asked, before Haerin could rely, Kris joined their group again.

His eyes went to his sibling again, his forehead creased as he saw the bandage on her arm.

Hendery winced and diverted his gaze, Lucas’s eyes went to the girl and he discreetly patted her back.

“I’m hungry.” Diana spoke again. Kris looked up, he met gazes with his sister. Kris tilted his head at her.

“What do you feel like eating?” He spoke, Diana’s brows rose for s brief moment, she was about to speak when Haerin suddenly smiled.

“Diana asked if we could join them to get something to eat.” Haerin chirped, excited.

“So, who’s up for fish and chips?” Hendery suggested, Lucas snorted.

“Just you.” Diana replied before walking away from them.

“Di? Where?” Ming called after her.

“Pizza. Near my place.” Diana called over her shoulder.

 Lucas looked at their group then at Diana who was walking away from them.

“You should go. It’s okay.” Kris told him as he patted his shoulder, Lina smiled and hooked arms with Hendery.

“Go.” Haerin shooed him away with a grin.

“I’ll get going then. See you.” Lucas said as he jogged after Diana, they saw how the girl paused as he joined her.

Lucas said something to her, she nodded back at him. And then she chuckled and shook her head.

Diana held onto the sleeve of his coat as they stepped out of the lobby. She was smiling as they got inside the car.

“Not a bad look on you two, ge.” Lina spoke as he greeted the older male with a hug.

“Yeah, those two as well.” Kris replied, Haerin beamed and held onto his hand.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++