045

Him & I

 

“I’m starting to really worry whether Lucas being the gentle voice of reason to Diana is working. Is it?” Ming asked as she picked up the Tom Ford shirt, Hendery tilted his head.

“It better work.” Lina said from the other side of the rack.

“I mean, sure, it was crazy how Kris ge just completely took over her life. He lied to her and everything, but it was with good intentions. I mean, not really good, but it was to protect her.” Ming trailed off.

“She didn’t need to be protected from Lucas.” Hendery spoke, his forehead creasing.

“I know, but she needed to be protected from herself, Diana….let’s admit it, she was a wild child.” Ming shrugged, Lina puffed her cheeks before speaking.

“Kris ge just really needs to apologize, that’s it. He shouldn’t be barging in here and yelling at her, that is his mistake.” Lina reasoned, Ming turned her and sighed.

“I hope things get better soon, it must be difficult for Haerin jie.”

“Juggling two Wus, seems fun.” Hendery mused, the grils shook their heads at him.

“But, I’m really glad that Diana’s back. Her old self, the one who doesn’t hold back and just….so Diana.” Lina smiled to herself as she asked for a blouse in her size.

“Well, Lucas is back to his usual self too, so, it’s good those two bumped into each other.” Hendery added, Ming chuckled.

“Not so good for Wu Yifan, but our friends are happy.”

“I’ve been thinking,” Ming interjected as Hendery helped them with their shopping bags.

“How about we throw them a party?”

“A party?” Lina repeated, skeptical.

“A little something to brighten things up a bit, to celebrate Diana’s victory and promotion.” Ming continued, Hendery nodded back at her.

“Actually, it’s not a bad idea. She’s always holed up at her office nowadays, and Lucas is worried that she might overwork herself.”

“What would we do without Wong boy?” Lina joked.

 

 

Lucas stretched his arms up as the printer started to operate, a few minutes ago, he had just finished his last project before break and he felt relieved.

“Hey, Di, do you want to~” He turned and paused, Diana was curled up into a ball right on the center of his bed. She was still clutching onto some files as she snored softly, his lips curled and he stood up.

Lucas picked up his blanket and draped it over the girl, Diana shifted slightly, but her eyes didn’t open. He gently took the papers from her and he looked at them, his nose scrunched as he realized it was from her office. Diana was uncharacteristically behind their schoolwork for the past few days and the girl had to spend the weekend cramming. That’s why she’s been so groggy the whole week. Lucas set the papers aside and slowly lay beside her, Diana grunted and turned her body. Lucas leaned in to kiss her cheek before picking up the remote, he muted the volume as he browsed through the channels.

“Wong?” Diana murmured, he looked down as she yawned.

“I fell asleep.” She mumbled as she sat up.

“I’m done with the project. Do you want something to eat?” Lucas asked her, Diana faced him, her hair all ruffled due to sleep.

“No, no. I’m not hungry.” She yawned again, she shook her head, annoyed. Lucas chuckled.

“Spend the day with me?” He tilted his head at her, Diana narrowed her eyes at him but she nodded back.

“Sure, I don’t have anything important today.”

“Wow, so if something comes up that would be more important than me?” Lucas balked at her, his hand dramatically positioned over his chest.

“Yeah, that’s probably it.”

Lucas snorted and crossed his arms, Diana laughed and he tugged the girl to his chest.

“But, I can always work around my schedule. You seem important.” Diana joked as she leaned her chin on his shoulder.

“I know.” He nodded as he kissed the side of her head.

“I work my schedule around you too, so you should be fair.” Lucas added, Diana grinned.

“It probably revolves around you, hmmm, pretty problematic. But, it works, right?” He said as she pulled back to face him.

“You have therapy today.” Diana spoke as she squeezed his arm.

“Come with me?” He asked her, Diana nodded back.

“I’ll drive us.” She volunteered, then they both paused as her phone started to ring. Lucas saw Jaehyun’s name on the screen. Diana slid down from the bed and went straight to his study desk.

“Not getting that, Di?” He asked her.

“Nope.” She replied as she plucked out his report from the printer and stapled it.

“But it could be urgent or important.” Lucas pointed out as he grabbed his shoes.

“I’m busy today, besides, he’s not.” She winked at him before leaving the room, Lucas shook his head in amusement before following her out.

 

 

“I met Diana the other day.” Haerin started, Kris nodded back at her.

“How is she?”

“Happy. Healthy.”

Kris exhaled and leaned back on his chair.

“Kris, you have to fix this.” She said as she sat down, Kris looked away.

“What she’s doing now, may be a little overboard, but put yourself in her shoes. How would you feel if your sister lied to you and simply started to direct your life the way she wants it to be?”

“Everything is under her control now.” Kris stated.

“Plus, we left her alone. Your father’s mistress started attacking her and your father didn’t even come by to stop his woman. I understand her anger.”

“You think….Diana and that boy,”

“Lucas.” Haerin said, Kris’s brows met briefly.

“Lucas. He…knows how to handle her.”

Haerin smiled and nodded.

“Honestly, he can handle your sister better than you. Wanna know why?”

“You’re going to tell me anyway.” Kris replied and crossed his arms.

“Because he listens to her, he lets her do what she wants. And he keeps her safe by watching her from behind, making sure she’s okay. That’s how he does it. He respects her decisions and he hears her out.”

“Everyone’s on his side, I feel troubled.” Kris hummed, Haerin met his gaze evenly before shaking her head.

“This isn’t about taking sides, Kris. This is about how two important males in her life messed up big time and she hates how things are going. Your sister may already be working on it, but she needs your help.”

“Diana, would never~”

“Your still company director, she would never totally kick you out.”

“Pa’s other woman..Pa would never let her go.” Kris sighed and pinched his temple.

“Then let him decide, does he want Diana to interfere again? Because, we both know that wont end well for them.”

Kris’s lips quirked up, knowing his sister, Diana had the skills and power to “take care” of Kang Juyeon.

“Think of a way, Diana…Diana will face you again, she will forgive you.”

“She hates me, Haerin.”

“You know who to call if you need help with Diana.”

“H~”

“Clue? It’s definitely not me.”

 

 

“A party.” Diana tilted her head as she read the text again, Lucas glanced at her.

“Ming and Lina wants to throw me a party.” She told him.

“Nice. Wait, what for? Your birthday’s three months away.”

“They said they just want to.” Diana murmured as she tucked her phone back in her jean pocket.

“Ma and pa are already in town,”

Diana smiled at him.

“That’s great, Wong. You miss them.”

“They asked if you could join us for dinner.” Lucas spoke as he took the girl’s hand in his, the two crossed the street.

“Sure.”

“I’ll give them a call later.”

“But, shouldn’t you be spending time with them instead? I can get lunch by my own.” Diana said worriedly.

“It’s fine, pa’s in a meeting and ma told she wants to rest for a bit.” Lucas told her as they reached one of their favorite diners.

“Well, should I dress up nicely later? Where are we eating?”

“It’s fine, Diana. Don’t worry about it.”

“I don’t want to go looking like a ~” Diana blinked as Lucas suddenly pressed his lips against hers.

“It’s fine, Di. You don’t need to get dolled up, it’s just at home.”

Diana puffed her cheeks and followed him to their table, Lucas pulled the chair for her and she sat down.

“Well, how are things?” Lucas asked as they were handed the menu, Diana looked at him.

“With work?”

“Not just work.” He said, Diana pursed her lips at him, Lucas broke into a smile, wanting her to relax.

Or probably trying to disarm her.

“I got rid of the persona non grata.” She said begrudgingly.

“On?”

“Everyone except the not so pregnant woman.” She barked, Lucas chuckled and nodded.

“Baby steps, Di.”

“Don’t push it, Wong.” She said to him as the waiter came by to take their order, Lucas ordered for the two of them, knowing what Diana felt like eating.

“I just wish…pa would release something regarding his mistress. That woman is still causing problems by still being in town and spreading lies regarding my mother.” She muttered.

“Do you want me to do something?” Lucas offered, Diana shook her head at him.

“No, let the adults fix their .”

Lucas nodded back and scrunched his nose at her.

“What is it now?” She asked him.

“It’s just that we haven’t gone out together in a while. You’re always so busy.” Lucas spoke to her, Diana’s brows rose and she smiled.

“Look at you, trying to get in my consciousness so that I’d stop working,” She hummed, Lucas looked at her.

“You’re supposed to be a full-time student, miss Wu. And I don’t like how you’ve been skipping meals lately, that’s not healthy.” He pointed out, Diana winced.

“Fine, I’ll try to be in full attendance next week. I’ll bring my own lunch if needed.” She mumbled under her breath.

Lucas’s lips curled up and he helped her cut the steak on her plate.

“Wong?”

“Hmm?”

“Yours look better.” She murmured, Lucas smiled and switched plates with her.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++a