031

Him & I

 

Diana set her cup down and sighed.

“She’s trying to manipulate the company; she’s using the baby~”

“You don’t know if the baby is really your father’s or not.” Lucas spoke to her.

“I know, but there’s no way to prove that now. All I can do is not let her sink her claws in Wu Holdings. I contacted my father, still no reply but he left a note.” Diana stated.

“A note?”

“He told me not to hurt his mistress.” Diana spat, she took another spoonful of ice cream before speaking.

“I bet he doesn’t even know if the baby really is his. But he said he’d be in Seoul soon. How soon is soon?”

Lucas shook his head at her.

“She just announced earlier that she’s pregnant, word will spread soon. I bet our Hong Kong and China offices have heard about it already.”

“What does she want?” Lucas asked her, he pushed a napkin towards the girl.

“A position in our Seoul office. That’s what the director Oh told me. She demanded it.”

Lucas winced, Diana shrugged and dabbed her lips with the napkin.

“Do you want to go out instead? We don’t have to go to class today, it’s only going to be a review.” Lucas suggested, Diana looked up and her eyes narrowed at him.

“Di, don’t worry, you can fix this. You always did fix things that bothered you.” Lucas placed his hand over hers, he noticed the scar on her wrist. His forehead creased, and he tried to pull back, but the girl held on.

“That thing is fixed too.” Diana said, Lucas bit his lip.

“You don’t have to be bothered by that anymore, Wong. It’s just a scar.” She reasoned, he exhaled and nodded.

“Now, where shall we go?” She suggested, Lucas couldn’t help but chuckle.

 

 

“You know; I don’t feel good about this.” Xiaojun commented as he leaned against the car, they were staring at the sliding doors before them as more people stepped out.

“Having them all here seems…dangerous.”

“But they’re here for Di. Which is a good thing.” Yang Yang said.

“Do you think they’d take Jaehyun sunbae’s side?” Hendery spoke, and then two familiar ladies finally appeare. Xiaojun winced, Ming and Lina walked out, clad in designer clothes and their customized designer luggage as well.

“Hong Kong boys,” Ming broke into a smile before hugging them, Lina waved at them.

“You guys didn’t mention this to Diana?” Hendery asked her.

“It’s a surprise, plus, do you actually think it’s safe for her to be alone in that house?”

“Her as in, Diana being in danger because of Kang Juyeon?” Yang Yang talked as they loaded the girls’ things into the van.

“No, that Kang Juyeon is in danger because she’s under one roof with Diana and her inner demons. We don’t want our friend toe end up in jail.” Lina reasoned, Xiaojun scratched the back of his head but he opened the Maserati’s door for them.

“I don’t see Lucas. Where's Hei Hei?” Ming asked playfully as the car started to move.

“Guess.” Hendery grinned.

“Hmmm, school?”

“No, Diana was in a really bad mood, she wasn’t picking up any calls, so we used his phone to call her.”

“And then she actually picked up?” Lina asked, knowing her friend, Diana would always pick up when it was Lucas.

“She was cursing at him, but she did.”

“Awwe, how cute.”

 

 

“I’ll see you at the tournament, right?” Lucas asked as they reached the gymnasium.

“Do you want me to bring a banner too? Because that would be pushing it.” She said, Lucas laughed and gently cupped her cheeks.

“I’m glad you’re feeling better.”

“Well, seeing as to I’m drained now, I shouldn’t have made dinner plans.” She said, complaining.

“Dinner plans? With your favorite sea monster?”

“No, Jaehyun oppa messaged me. And I said yes. Haerin unnie asked him to watch over me while they’re away. I told you that already.” Diana swatted his hands away from her face.

“You’re nice to him, very odd.” Lucas said, keeping his tone light and playful.

“I don’t think people can ever be mean to him, I mean, with his face and his personality as well.” Diana shrugged as she took her backpack from him.

Lucas paused and nodded.

“I should head home to change; I’ll call you later?” Diana spoke.

“Why? Miss me already?” Lucas winked at her, she balked at him.

“For the project we’re working on. You deal with Lucy.”

“Diana~”

“Wong, she likes you. In case it wasn’t obvious enough, she fell for the killer smile and swimmer’s bod or something, so, be nice to her and please~”

“I’m not interested.” Lucas told her, Diana closed .

“Then, nicely put~”

“I don’t have to be nice to anybody, Diana.” He pointed out, his brows knitting together.

“Fine. Then, be rude to her.” Diana replied evenly, Lucas exhaled, he noticed Jaehyun’s car pulling up by the curb.

“Go, your babysitter’s here.” Lucas said brusquely, Diana followed his gaze.

“What?”

“You said he was watching over you, so, go. He’s already waiting.” Lucas turned his back for gymnasium.

“What is wrong with you?” Diana padded after him and grabbed his arm, Lucas faced her.

“I’m going to practice.”

“If you’re in a sour mood, don’t bring him into this.” Diana warned him.

“Just leave, Diana.”

“You’re an , Wong.”

“I said leave!” Lucas hissed at her, Diana paused, she exhaled and turned away from him.

 

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Jaehyun asked worriedly as they pulled over at the Wu residence.

“Yes, oppa. I just really need to lay down. I’m sorry for cancelling last minute.”

Diana had complained to him about stomach cramps, and she asked to be driven home instead.

“Then, rest well.” Jaehyun reached out give her hand a squeeze.

“Thank you, oppa.”

“It’s nothing. Go on,” Jaehyun said to her, she slid down from the car and headed straight for the doors. She waited for the car to drive away from the property before tossing her bag to the floor and then a small smile played on her lips.

She headed for the storage room and took out the items they shopped for a few days ago, Diana left her phone in the living room as she began working on her so-called project. She carried the tub of super glue to the garage, she drove Kris and Haerin’s vehicle out and left the ones Juyeon liked driving around.

Once she was finished super glueing the wipers, door handles and head rests, she went back inside the house and went straight for the kitchen.

Juyeon stored kimchi inside, and she smiled to herself as she doused every container with wasabi powder and grounded paper. Diana then, being the angel she is switched the lady’s toothpaste with chili powder and cut off the water source in her room.

She changed into comfortable clothes, packed some of her things and headed downstairs, she was about to call her driver when she heard her phone ringing.

She saw Yang Yang’s name flash on the screen.

“Hey, I was just about~”

“Diana, you—you have…It’s Lucas!” The male was gasping, Diana paused.

“What are you~”

“We were on our way home and this bike just…Diana, I~”

“Where are you?” Diana grabbed her things and headed for the doors, she jogged out of the house and scanned the area. Her driver wasn’t around, the male did tell her that he had some errans to run.

Diana chewed on her lower lip, her eyes landed on her brother’s Audi.

“Seoul Medica~”

“I’ll be there.” Diana rushed towards the car, tossed her things at the backseat and slid inside the vehicle. She let out a shaky breath as she looked at the steering wheel, she closed her eyes briefly before pushing the start button.

A few seconds later, the Audi R8 was seen careening out of the Wu property at a high speed.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++