043

Him & I

 

Lucas glanced over as Diana slowly stepped on the brakes and pulled over in front of a three-storey villa.

She exhaled as she killed the engine and looked at her.

“Where are we?” He spoke carefully.

“My place. Can you call the guys and tell them to join us? If they’re free.” She said, Lucas nodded back and she slid down from the vehicle. Lucas followed her to the front doors and they stepped in.

“When did you get this place?” He asked her as they marched in the foyer, Diana faced him and she shrugged.

“Actually, ma bought this place for me when she heard about my moving to Seoul. I just never got the time to check it out.” Diana replied, Lucas looked around them, the place looked a little bare.

“And I started fixing it up a few weeks ago.” She puffed her cheeks as she leaned against the couch, Lucas turned to her and he gave her a small smile.

“You can go and change, I’ll make us something to eat.” Lucas offered, Diana nodded and headed up the stairs. Lucas’s forehead creased as soon as he was alone.

Diana knows everything now.

How did she find out? Surely, the moment she found out she would have mentioned it, right?

Why did I not get yelled at?

She probably knows everything by now.

He yanked the fridge open and examined its contents, and then he sighed, bothered.

“How long were you planning on hiding it from me?”

He paused and turned, Diana was standing by the doorway, her eyes focused on him.

“I didn’t want to tell you because I feared this would happen.” He replied, Diana frowned.

“What?”

“You fighting with your brother.” Lucas told her.

“What he did was unspeakable.” She sighed at him, her voice so soft that he almost didn’t hear it.

Lucas saw it, how tired she was, how everything just weighed down on her.

“You could have died, Wong.”

“But we’re both okay now, Di.”

“Swimming~”

“I’m fine with what I can do right now, you don’t have to worry about that.” Lucas said calmly, he noticed how tears rolled down on her cheeks.

“I hated you so much, thinking that you really did…leave. I was told you were okay and that all you got was a scratch or something.” She choked, Lucas shook his head at her.

“I’m sorry.” Diana finished, Lucas closed the space between them and wrapped his arms around her. Diana let her tears fall freely as she pressed her face against his chest.

“No, I should be the one apologizing. Leaving you was my biggest mistake, Diana.” He murmured as he pressed his lips against the top of her head.

 

 

“If you really look at it, Diana’s a genius.” Hendery pointed out, they were gathered at the kitchen counter.

Lucas had stepped out to by groceries, while Diana was up in her room, on the phone with her secretary.

“A genius? She’s scary.” Lina murmured, Ming shook her head.

“She found out about Lucas’s surgeries, and then…she heard us.” Hendery murmured, he leaned on the stool.

“How did she keep it all in? And not react? For the past few weeks she looked so happy and calm.” Yang Yang spoke, Lina glanced at the windows, Lucas had taken Diana’s car. His matte black Gallardo was delivered a few hours ago.

“Because she’s always been genuinely happy with Lucas. You guys might not notice it, but Lucas keeps her grounded, calm, even.” Lina stated, Xiaojun smiled to himself.

“And Diana keeps Lucas stable.” Ming nodded as she fiddled with her phone.

“I’m still at awe with how she did it, you know. Put the company in her control, basically kept her father and brother out. And now, they’re back,” Hendery smiled.

“They can’t touch her. They can’t gain control.” He finished, Lina nodded.

“Diana has turned into a dragon, and to be honest, that’s a little disconcerting. We all know her, right?” Ming spoke, her forehead creasing.

“I hope Lucas talks her out of this. I’m worried how this will affect her.” She finished with a sigh.

“At this point, Kris needs Lucas’s help.” Yang Yang said to himself, Xiaojun nodded at him.

 

 

Haerin looked up as her husband walked in the room, she chewed on her lip before facing him.

“You knew,” He spoke softly, she puffed her cheeks before replying.

“Yes.”

“Haerin, how could you?” Kris looked at her, hurt.

“How could I? Kris your sister was like a robot.”

“She was doing well, she~”

“Of course, she was. You basically fit her life in a schedule, you think I didn’t notice? When we were still in China, you had bodyguards follow her, you always demanded that she come home on time every night and even during weekends. She wasn’t allowed to go out with her friends alone. And you brainwashed her.” Haerin pointed out, Kris started to shake his head.

“I listened as you spoke of ill things regarding Lucas. I knew they were lies, but I couldn’t do anything. You thought what you thought, Lucas was bad for her. That was all you told Diana.”

“He is! She almost~”

“The boy didn’t want to leave her!” Haerin snapped at him.

“It was an accident, do you really think he would want? That boy loves your sister, they may have been really young that time, but everyone could see it.”

“He was bad influence on her, Haerin.”

“Kris, they were so young. They made mistakes, but who doesn’t?” Haerin replied, Kris remained silent.

“You think Lucas is bad for her? Do you think Diana would not have stopped herself from berating you in public if he hadn’t stepped in? And yes, he did step in. I saw him move towards her and touched her shoulder, reminding her to calm down.”

“Haerin~”

“Your sister deserves to be happy. And whatever she’s doing to you and your father right now,” She stood up, Kris looked away.

“You both deserve it.” Haerin stated before leaving the room.

 

 

“I have nothing else to say other than,”

Diana looked at Lina, they were in her room while the boys made dinner.

“What have you done?” Lina finished, Ming nodded in agreement.

“I know how you two must see me right now. Spoiled brat got angry with the world, wreaks havoc all just because of a boy.” Diana said as she fixed her hair.

“It may look that way, but we know it’s not.” Ming told her, Diana exhaled and looked at them.

“Diana, what you’re doing is really….damaging.”

“You guys can’t talk me out of it.” Diana shrugged as she stood up, Lina sighed and nodded.

“Well at least we tried, right?”

“Yes.” Diana winked at Ming as she took off her earrings.

“You moved out? When? How come we never noticed?” Lina eyed the boxes on the floor.

“Well, while you two were busy with shopping, I was busy with that.”

“Diana,”

The girl turned and faced them.

“Are you sure..you’re okay?” Lina stood up and walked towards her, Diana exhaled before replying.

“When I finally did piece things together, I..felt so helpless and angry, Lina. ”

Diana crossed her arms before continuing.

“So, I was living a lie for the past few years, and that almost drove me crazy. Plus, my father being so nonchalant about his mistress causing trouble. I guess it all just…I just wanted everything to be dealt with so,”

“You took the one thing that your brother and father really cares about. Because Lucas was taken away from you.” Ming spoke, Lina blinked at her.

Diana turned to her friend and she actually smiled.

“Diana,” Lina sent her a look, the girl rolled her eyes.

“Spoiled brat got angry with the world.” She shrugged, Ming winced and then they heard door open.

“Are you guys hungry? The food’s done.” Lucas spoke as he strolled in, the two girls eyed Diana warily before leaving the room.

Lucas looked at her, his brows went up.

“What?” Diana asked as she grabbed a hair tie and pulled her hair into a ponytail. Lucas walked to her and he cupped her cheek.

“Back there, I was really worried that..you’d lose control, you know. I know how you are when you’re angry.” He spoke in soft tones, Diana’s brows rose.

Lucas gave her a small smile, knowing that she wasn’t going to talk about it. Or be reasoned out of it.

“Keep it that way, Di. You can have whatever you want, but please,” He leaned down to meet her gaze.

“Don’t lose yourself.” Lucas said before kissing her cheek.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++