011

Him & I

Hong Kong 20XX

 Junior Year

 

 

Diana looked at her plate, her nose scrunched. Ming grinned at her friend.

“Diana’s not liking lunch today.” Ming mused, Lucas sat across the two and set his food down.

“I thought you had a swim meet.” She spoke, Lucas shook his head at her, he looked at her untouched bowl and blinked at her.

“It’s too greasy, and the other dish looked dry. You can have it.”

“What do you feel like eating?” He asked as he took a spoonful of rice and some beef from her bowl.

“Maybe a half-cheese and half-all meat burrito.” She said, Ming looked at her.

“I am just in awe, Di. You never outgrew your pickiness when it comes to food.”

Lucas chuckled and finished his juice.

“Should we go out to get some?”

Diana looked at him and she shook his head.

“You still have that swim meet, Hei Hei. I’ll just grab a sandwich later. Walk with me?” She asked him, Lucas nodded and stood up. Diana bid Ming goodbye before leaving.

“Are you okay?” Lucas asked as they stepped out of the cafeteria, Diana nodded and hooked her arm with his.

“I just didn’t feel like eating. And I haven’t seen you in campus for a while, how was the tournament?”

“I got in second, nothing new.” Lucas said with a small smile, Diana nodded back.

“I heard you beat your record?”

“I did.”

“Are you still thinking about quitting? You’re doing great.” Diana asked him, Lucas didn’t reply, instead he took her hand in his.

“I just don’t think I want to commit to a sport, you know. After high school, I probably wont have time for it.” Lucas explained, Diana chewed on the insides of her cheek before replying.

“But, you should think about it. You said swimming makes you happy, and helps you relax.” She murmured, Lucas rolled his eyes but he nodded at her.

“I’ll think about it, Di.” He mused before pressing his nose against her head briefly.

 

 

“We always do this. You get annoyed with one of our teachers and suddenly we’re armed with spray paints and…ice picks?” Yang Yang stated as they walked in the faculty parking lot, Xiaojun chuckled while Lucas followed the two.

“He didn’t say I needed to show my solution on the paper, and now he wants to fail me.” Xiaojun hissed, Lucas grinned and looked around.

“The grouch drives a Volkswagen, so keep your eyes~”

“There.” Lucas jutted his lips toward a shiny red Volkswagen, Xiaojun beamed and hopped towards the vehicle.

“Time to unleash my inner Van Gogh then.” Yang Yang hummed and took out some spray paint cans, Lucas leaned against the car and watched as his friends proceeded. He saw Hendery jogging towards them, confusion was seen on his face as he realized what his other friends were doing.

“Is this…the art class you messaged me about?” He asked, Xiaojun grinned and tossed him a can.

“I thought you and Di had plans.” Hendery commented as he proceeded to spray swirls on the fender.

“Yeah, but she still has class.” Lucas replied as he picked up an ice pick and began to scratch the car’s tint.

“You mentioned her brother not being a fan of you.” Hendery said, Yang Yang grinned at the tall male.

“He’s okay, Diana tells me not to think about it, but her brother’s quite…difficult.” Lucas said, he tossed the icepick away and picked up the yellow spray paint.

“I guess our Wong boy is really serious about her.” Xiaojun nodded to himself, Lucas elbowed him.

"See, he's not even denying it." Yang Yang laughed while drawing another phallic symbol.

"She's already met my parents, what more do you want?"

 

 

“You guys are crazy.” Diana said as they watched their math professor storm towards the admin building, the man was fuming.

Well, who wouldn’t be angry?

He had just found his car, painted with swirls, a rainbow and Hendery even added a kitten sprayed across his windshield. Lucas was also kind enough to lend his artistic hand and drew a sunflower on the Volkswagen’s body.

“Everyone hates him, Di.” Xiaojun said to her, the three were on their way to class.

“I don’t.” She said, Lucas chuckled and placed one arm around her shoulder.

“Of course you don’t, you actually passed his class.” He chimed, Xiaojun rolled his eyes at the two.

“Well, math is not that~”

“Don’t, Diana. Just don’t.” Xiaojun muttered before leaving the two, Diana glanced at Lucas and he shook his head at her.

“We have a few weeks till the school year ends, have you thought about what major to take? I heard that’s what they ask seniors on the first day.” Lucas spoke, Diana looked at him, a little unsure. Lucas rarely talked about college plans, his parents pressured him about it, that’s why he never says anything.

“I have. You?”

“I decided on a few things. You wanna hear about it?” He winked at her, she laughed and shook her head.

“No. Not interested.” She said dryly, teasing him. Lucas snorted and just pulled her closer to him.

“Let me guess, business major, huh?” She spoke, Lucas nodded and took out his notebook.

“I even made notes, Di.”

“Oh my god, did someone poison you?” She gasped, Lucas glared at her and she laughed again.

“That’s really cute, Lucas. We’ll discuss it later. We have class.”

“We can ditch.” He suggested.

“You want to ditch class so we can discuss college?” She blinked at him, Lucas wiggled his brows at her.

“Come on.” She groaned and pulled him to the classroom.

 

 

“Tomorrow?” Hendery asked as they rushed down their school’s main building.

“Maybe after the exams, sounds good, huh?” Lucas smirked as he held onto his backpack.

“Don’t we have exams till next week? Diana will kill you.” Hendery commented, Yang Yang paused.

“There she is.” Yang Yang pointed out, Lucas followed his gaze and he paused.

“It looks like she’s being asked out.” Hendery chuckled and nudged his friend. Lucas saw her, Diana had her bag on one shoulder as a bunch of boys from the higher grade spoke to her.

“That always happens to her, I saw someone try to sneak in flowers on her desk. Lina got annoyed and she burned them.” Yang Yang cackled. Lucas watched as the males tried to step closer to her, invading her personal space. He chewed on the insides of his cheeks, Diana was talking to them, being polite, but he could see how she didn’t look pleased.

“I don’t understand them really, people already know that you two are together so, why are they~”

One of the males touched her shoulder, Lucas stalked towards them, his shoulders looked tensed.

“Oh god.” Hendery muttered, Xiaojun shook his head with a small devilish grin.

“Don’t touch Di.” He murmured before following their friend.

“What’s this?”

Diana turned her head, and she smiled as soon as she saw him. Lucsa looked at the seniors, his brows rose briefly.

“H—Hey, Lucas, we—we were just asking if Diana here~”

“Diana’s not interested.” Lucas said, his voice going an octave deeper. Diana glanced at him, sensing his annoyance.

“They were just asking if I heard about this new boba tea place a few blocks away.” She said as she stepped between Lucas and the males. Which was was quite comical, seeing as how Lucas towered over her and the seniors.

“Sure.” Lucas said dryly before taking her backpack from her and slung it over his shoulder.

“We’ll get going now, thanks for the offer.” Diana said to them, she pulled Lucas with her and they headed for the parking lot.

“That was rude.”

“Sure.” He muttered, Diana grew amused and just hooked arms with his.

“Not really a fan of boba tea though.” She said to him, now it was his turn to look offended.

“Now, that’s rude, Diana. Why? How? Who did this to you?”

Diana laughed and elbowed his side.

“I guess that’s good then, you won’t go with those guys since they can only offer you boba tea.” He hummed with a small smirk all over his lips.

“Why? What can you offer, Wong boy?”

“Veggie juice.”

“Duck you.” She muttered under her breath, Lucas guffawed and kissed the top of her head.

“Come on, let’s get you some burritos before you murder me.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++