049

Him & I


Diana rushed down the steps, she was already dressed for the day and is also running late. She had Lucas to blame, he called her up at two in the morning just to discuss the One Punch Man’s latest plot and he wouldn’t shut up about it.
The girl rushed down to the kitchen, and realized that Ming and Lina had already left to start their day.
“Wow, and they didn’t wake me up.” She muttered under her breath as she looked around the counter.

“I would have done it, but you seem to be needing a lot of sleep.” A voice spoke, her eyes widened and she turned.
“Ma!”
The elder smiled and opened her arms for a hug, Diana chuckled before giving her mother a tight hug.
“You should have called me.” Diana nagged her right away.
“Well, I didn’t want to stuck in the middle of a crossfire, Diana.” She said pointedly, the girl paused and sighed.
“Ma, pa started it.”
“We all know he did. But I was talking about you and your brother.”
“Ma, gege and I~”
“Yinghua, I know everything. Haerin was kind enough to fill me in, and to be honest, I am disappointed with how your brother acted. He also kept this from us, and believe me, I talked to him about it.”
Diana leaned back against the counter and pursed her lips.
“But, what’s happening right now, Diana, you took over and kicked him~”
“Correction. I didn’t kick out my brother, ma. The company voted pa out because he couldn’t control his new woman. And, with regards to gege, I had to step up because, again, pa’s woman.”
“I know that, but taking~”
“I already gave it back. His position. It’s his now.”
The lady before her paused, the look on her face thoughtful.
“I did that well, because I was pissed at him, and I needed him to come rushing back home, because there’s only so much I can handle. Everyone left me here, and suddenly that woman arrives and attacks me.” Diana explained.
“I’m sorry that happened, Diana.” The elder cupped her cheeks in her hands, Diana shook her head.
“I don’t blame anyone, ma. But pa really needs to fix this. I mean~”
“I understand. I just want you to know how proud I am of you. You’ve always been the strong one.”
“And that makes the great Wu Yifan…?” Diana asked playfully, her mother sent her a look.
“Your gege has more patience than you.” She pointed out, and then they heard the front doors open.
“Di? You ready for school?” Lucas’s voice echoed from the foyer, Diana looked at her mother, a little worried. But the elder smiled knowingly and gave her a wink.
“I’m happy you’re back with him too.”
“You always did like Lucas, ma. Looking back now, it was strange, you knew he was a troublemaker.” Diana said, a little curious.
“Diana, have you seen how the boy looks like? Why would I not like him for you?”
“Ma!”
“A complete package, Diana. You better not let go of him, can you imagine how gorgeous my grandkids~”
Diana ran out of the house.


“Kris,” Haerin asked as she padded after her husband, the latter paused and broke into a smile.
“I didn’t know you’d be dropping by today.” He said as he stretched an arm to her, the employees bowed and let her pass.
“I just heard…well, Diana called you.”
“She did. She demanded me to go back to work. And that’s what I’m doing now.” He said as he laced fingers with her before walking again.
“I know that, she texted me so that I’d be informed that you’re going to be busy again, but wait,” Haerin spoke, Kris paused and looked at her.
“I just saw the news, Kris.”
“About?” Kris asked, feigning ignorance.
“That creepy stalker of Diana’s. You sent him to jail.”
“Well, after making a few calls I found out that this isn’t his first….issue with following women and harassing them. And so,”
“You called one the company’s legal team and attacked the kid.” Haerin finished.
“Can’t say he didn’t deserve it, but it’s not how you typically do things. You had media publicize everything.” Haerin was a little amused, Kris shrugged.
“Well, it’s a little something I learned from Diana. Look how Kang Juyeon turned out.” Kris snorted, Haerin shook her head.

“You mean, Diana told the whole world how she was faking her pregnancy?”
“Which reminds me I still have another task to finish. Join me?”
Haerin smiled and nodded.
“Wait, Yifan, what else did you learn from Diana?” She paused and looked at him questioningly, Kris just chuckled and tugged her with him.


“Look at you, already back in school.” Hendery teased as the girl walked with him.
“Corporate was too demanding for me.” She rolled her eyes at him as she took a small sip from her lemonade.

“So, things are good with your brother now?”
“Yeah. He’s already back in the office, I left all the decisions to be made regarding our father up to him, so I just plan to sit back and watch.”
“That mistress still hasn’t shut up, huh?”
Diana sighed and nodded.
“At this point, she’s like a fly that I really want to squish.” She muttered, Hendery laughed.
“Di,”
They turned, the other three were padding towards them, Lucas was grinning at her.
“We were just looking for some snacks.” Hendery spoke, Diana tugged on Lucas’s sleeve. He scrunched his nose at her before taking her hand in his.

“Ming and Lina are flying back next week. Let’s hold a little celebration before they leave.”Yang Yang suggested as he opened a bag of potato crisps.
“How about my place?” Diana suggested.
“Sounds great, I~”
“Diana Wu.”
The group paused, Diana glanced around and spotted Kang Juyeon amongst the crowd, her brows went up.
“What’s this?” Diana smirked as she looked at the woman.

“Diana,” Lucas spoke, but the girl shook her head.
“You spoiled brat.” Kang Juyeon spat as she walked towards them, Lucas wanted to pull Diana out of the way but he knew it wouldn’t sit well with her.
“Well, I admit, I can be one at times. What brought you this part of town?” Diana said mockingly, Kang Juyeon snorted.
“How dare you do this? Taking everything from me, telling people lies about me~”
“Lies? When did I lie about you?” Diana spoke, Juyeon laughed humorlessly.
“Your father will always choose me over you and your family. He’s had enough of all your antics and I keep him happy!” She yelled, other students halted to look at the scene.
“Lucas, you better talk to her.” Xiaojun murmured under his breath, but Lucas was only looking at Diana as Juyeon approached the girl.
“If it wasn’t obvious enough, we don’t want him back.” Diana pointed out.
“Of course, you’re only worried over his money and~”
“Money! Look who’s talking.” Diana started to laugh, and then before Juyeon could react the girl tossed the contents of her cup towards the mistress.
Juyeon screamed as the citrusy drink got in her eyes.
“See? She can handle this.” Lucas nodded to himself, Hendery and Yang Yang shook their heads.
“Now, you’ve completed your final look. A wet tramp.” Diana snorted as she hurled the cup at her and turned away.

Diana took out her phone as she walked ahead, she felt Lucas right behind her, his palm on her the small of her back.
Diana paused, and then she turned back. Three police officers were approaching the woman and they handcuffs prepared for her.
“Yinghua,” Kris appeared, he walked towards the youngsters with his hands in his pockets.

Lucas and the guys stared as the officers spoke to Kang Juyeon and then they cuffed her.
“Right, we have an appointment.” Diana blurted out, Lucas smiled, he leaned over to kiss the side of her head.

“I’ll see you later.” He said, he gave Kris a small nod before leaving with his friends.
“Ge, what’s going on?” Diana asked as her brother steered her away from the scene, his two bodyguards followed suit.
“Oh, you said you wanted me to take care of it.” Kris spoke as a black Maserati sedan rolled in.
“Yes, but~”
“Well, I asked the law to take care of it. She won’t be able to do anything for ten or more years, so, we’re good.” Kris chuckled as he opened the door for his sibling.
“You flew in our legal team, huh?” Diana sighed as she slid inside.
“You could say that.” Kris said, he was about to close doors when a van with a strangely familiar government logo halted in front of the building, and the officers escorted Juyeon inside.
“Foreign affairs?” Diana questioned.

Kris winked at her before closing the door.


“Wait, jie jie, you didn’t know about this too?” Lina asked as they looked at the TV screen, Yang Yang was munching on some dried green peas as he listened intently.
“No.” Haerin murmured.
Lucas leaned back on the couch as Kang Juyeon’s photos were flashed on the screen, there was a slight mention of the Wus, but it didn’t go in to too much detail about her relationship with mister Wu.
“So, Kris ge…no, the Wus sued her and..somehow Kris ge made it so bad that the country wants to deport her?” Hendery tilted his head.
“Not exactly, she’s just banned from entering South Korea. That’s why she was picked up by the officials earlier. To fly her out.”
“They’re flying her out?” Ming blinked as she walked in with popcorn, Xiaojun gladly took the bowl from her.
“Where are they taking her?” Lina pressed on.
“My husband mentioned that he learned a thing or two from Diana, you know.” Haerin stated, Lucas started to grin and he heard a car pull over from the garden.

“So, where do you think?” She finished.
“Oh god, the poor witch is going to suffer.” Lina shook her head with a smile.
“Hong Kong. The country where she can’t even take a stand for herself.” Hendery guffawed.

“She can try, but I doubt anyone would dare go against the Wus or…the Wongs.” Ming mused just as the doors opened.
“Guys? I’m hungry!” Diana called from the foyer.
“Hello.” Kris said as he reached his wife, he leaned over to kiss her cheek.

“So, things between you two are good now?” Haerin asked.
“Yes. I think. Diana’s hungry.” Kris looked at Lucas, the male was already standing.
“Why is there a fresh pineapple in my fridge?” They heard her call out, Yang Yang winced.
“Ge! I told you that you don’t have to refill the fridge for me! And, my god, you bought a whole pepperoni sausage?” She complained, Lucas tilted his head, amused.
“I told you not to mess with her food.” Haerin joked.
“I was just trying to help~”
“Wu Yifan!”
“Lucas.” Kris turned to the younger male, the others looked on, amused.
“I swear to god, if you don’t take these out~”
Kris was giving Lucas a look from across the living room, the latter chuckled before giving him a thumbs up. And then he walked towards the kitchen.
“Diana, chill.” They heard him speak as he disappeared.

“It’s a pineapple.” She argued back.
“I can see that. Go sit in the corner while I make you a sandwich.” Lucas was boldly joking with her.
“Ham and cheese?” Diana asked, the people in the living room smiled to themselves.

Haerin patted Kris’s shoulder before speaking.
“Those two are a perfect match, I’m sure you’re glad you failed trying to keep them apart.”
Kris nodded and glanced towards the kitchen again, he could hear Diana laughing while Lucas spoke to her.
“I’m glad I failed.”



+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++