028

Him & I

 

Diana went down from her room with her cup of coffee in hand, she was already dressed in a pair of dark jeans, a nicely fitting blouse and her oversized Balmain denim jacket hung over one arm.

She checked the time on her phone, Lucas will be arriving any minute now. She puffed her cheeks as she went straight to the kitchen.

What was I thinking? A day alone with him?

She shook her head, and then she saw their family’s butler step in the hall.

“Young miss,” He looked uncomfortable, Diana tilted her head. Did Lucas arrive driving a bulldozer or something?

“What is it?” She asked, the male looked down and stepped aside, Diana instantly recognized the woman behind him.

“Good morning, Di.” She said with a pleasing smile and Diana had never been so tempted to rip off a pair of cherry red lips of a face.

“I thought we had a strict no snakes in the house rule.” Diana murmured as she set her cup down, she glanced at the window when she heard the gates open.

“Come on, Diana. That’s now way to talk to me, your sibling might hear you.” The woman said slyly as she patted her stomach, Diana’s eyes widened.

The lady laughed, taking pleasure at her surprise.

“I was actually hoping to speak with your brother, but I was told he’s~”

“Get out.” Diana spat, the woman chuckled.

“Back then, you could kick me out, but now, you can’t. I’m carrying a Wu inside of me, Diana. What will people say once they hear~”

Diana grabbed her purse off the table, she tossed her cup to the sink, the butler flinched as he heard it crack loudly.

“I don’t even know where you get the guts to show your face to me, I don’t even want to know how you found us here, but let’s be clear,” Diana’s voice turned arctic, and then a smirk that eerily reminded their butler of her old reckless self appeared.

“Do not call me Di, or I will literally have child services pluck out that child from you the moment you give birth.”

The lady paused, her eyes widened.

“And you know, I always mean what I say.” She spat before walking out of the house.

 

 

Lucas slid down from his car, he fixed his shirt before taking out his phone. He was in the middle of tapping on Diana’s name when the doors suddenly swung open and a frowning Di came out of the doors.

“Diana,” Lucas was surprised to see how aggravated she was.

“Hi, so I’ve only had coffee, nothing else. And, some sea monster decided to roll in to destroy my morning. But hello, good morning, Wong.” She snapped, Lucas blinked and he glanced at the house again.

“Sea monster? Y—Your father’s~”

“Yes, she’s got some more monsters in her tummy too. Or just one monster. Who the hell cares?” She hissed, Lucas couldn’t help but smile as he opened one arm to her.

“I thought she was transferred to Beijing. I mean, that was what you told me years back.”

Diana sighed and without thinking, she silently went into his chest, Lucas wrapped his arms around her and gently rubbed her back, trying to soothe her.

“Yeah, that was before…they got divorced, which you weren’t around by then. Sorry for bringing that up.” She mumbled.

“Wow, so much history.” Lucas said lightly, she looked up, her forehead creasing.

“I hate her.”

“I know.” Lucas nodded back as he dropped his arms, Diana rolled her eyes.

“Is she with child?” Lucas asked, Diana sighed and nodded.

“She has great timing too, no one’s around, just me and my inner demons.”

Lucas chuckled and opened the door for her.

“Time to feed the dragon?” He asked her, Diana’s lips curled up as she looked at him.

“Or..release the kraken?” Lucas tilted his head at her.

“It’s my treat today.” She said, and then she paused as she looked at seat before her. Lucas followed her gaze and he paused, realizing his mistake.

“Di, we can take your car and the driver~”

“No, we need the privacy anyway.” She smiled at him before sliding into the vehicle, Lucas exhaled after closing the door.

 

 

Jaehyun stood up as soon as Hendery and Yang Yang approached him.

“Good morning, sunbae.” Hendery greeted him, Jaehyun smiled and offered them to sit down with him.

“You called for us?”

“Yes, I’m sorry for bothering you on a Saturday,” Jaehyun smiled apologetically.

“It’s fine, Xiaojun’s the only one who was class on weekends. What’s up?” Hendery asked him as he leaned back on the chair.

“Well, I wanted to ask for your advice.” Jaehyun begun, the two glanced at each other but nodded back at him.

“On what?”

“I am aware that you are all very close to Diana, and she treats you differently because she trusts you a lot.”

Hendery’s brows rose up.

“Well, we were high school buds.” Yang Yang grinned and took a small sip from his can of mango juice.

“What does she like? Does she prefer flowers over chocolate?”

“W—What are you trying to do, sunbae?”

“I like her. I want to know more about her.” Jaehyun stated with his usual warm smile, Hendery and Yang Yang mentally screamed.

“But sometimes I feel like she’s holding back you know, so I have no idea how to approach her. And, you guys don’t seem to find it difficult to make her speak out.”

Hendery scratched the back of his head.

Us guys? It’s all Lucas.

“That’s why, I’m asking for your advice.”

 

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to call your mom, or your dad?” Lucas asked as they walked in the mall, Diana shook her head.

“I’ll think about that later, in the meantime,” Diana turned to him.

“Let’s eat first, and I need new clothes. Can we drop by the department store?”

“Yes, we can. What do you feel like eating?”

“I never got to ask, how are your parents?” Diana asked as they reached the escalators.

“They’re still in Hong Kong, but they have to fly around a lot, especially pa.” Lucas said, Diana nodded back.

“Yours?”

“Well, ma has stationed herself in Shanghai, with my father…who knows?” She shook her head, they reached the second floor and Diana hooked arms with him.

“I feel like going for steak, what do you think?”

“Wow, I have a say?” Lucas said teasingly, she elbowed him.

“You’re not exactly fond of hot plate dishes, Wong.” She pointed out as they walked towards the restaurant.

“So, you good with this place?” She asked again, pausing by the doors.

“Yeah, go on.” Lucas replied as he gave her a gentle push inside.

“Should I ask Yang Yang to come over and have help me?” She asked as they were led to their table, Lucas blinked at her.

“Help you? With what?” Lucas asked as he pulled the chair for her.

“To set up traps in the house. Super glue on the doorknobs, chili paste on her toothpaste and, maybe soil on her coffee brew?” She was giggling, Lucas scratched the back of her head.

“Okay, you really need food in your system. Now.”

“But I want you to help me too.” Diana pursed her lips, Lucas shook his head.

“Lucas,”

“Diana, what you’re trying to do is very immature~”

“Lucas,”

“Fine. I’m helping. Let’s go get super glue later.” He grumbled, she smiled to herself and called for the waiter.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++