012

Him & I

 

Diana rushed out of the room as soon as they were dismissed, she made her way towards the stairs without looking back.

“This is too much for a first day.” She muttered under her breath as she went down, now she was regretting not touching the breakfast Haerin prepared for her.

She chewed on her lower lip as she walked towards her next class and she paused as she noticed the bulletin boards.

“Club week?” She read, and then she felt someone tap her back, she panicked for a second before realizing it was Jaehyun.

“Oppa,” She smiled at him.

“Club week begins tomorrow. Have you thought of which ones to join?”

“Not yet. Do I have to?” She asked, a little unsure, the older male chuckled and nodded.

“It’s kind of required to at least have two, Di.”

“Ugh.”

Jaehyun laughed before steering her towards the hallway again.

“How was your first class? Fun? Did you make new friends?” He asked jokingly, Diana amused but she nodded at him.

“I met…a few people and,” She hooked arms with his as they crossed the hall.

“And?” Jaehyun prodded, Diana was about to speak when she saw Xiaojun and Yang Yang enter the lecture hall she was also going into.

“Everything was…normal, I guess?” She added, the male looked at her quizzically.

“Anyway, thanks for walking me to class, oppa.” She said as she let go of him, Jaehyun nodded and reached out to pat the side of her head.

“See you later.”

 

 

“Everything was…normal, I guess?”

Lucas stopped, he looked up and saw her. Diana was talking to the male from earlier. She was smiling as she spoke to him, the other male was nodding along.

“Anyway, thanks for walking me to class, oppa.” She said, and then the male gently patted her head before walking away.

Lucas looked away, his forehead creasing.

“This must be driving you crazy.” Hendery said as he joined him, Lucas glanced at him.

“Don’t ask me to drop it, Wong. Because I wont.” He stated, and then he suddenly raised his palm. Diana was looking at them, Lucas tensed and his grip on his backpack tightened.

“I guess we’re in the same class again, Di.”

“Yeah.” She said before turning for the doors, Lucas exhaled and looked at his friend.

“Look, it’s not going to fix itself unless you two talk it out.”

“Have you forgotten?” Lucas hissed, Hendery blinked at him.

“The last time we were in talking terms, she almost died, Hendery. Do I need to remind you that?”

Hendery paused, his brows rose.

“Lucas, you left her without saying goodbye.”

“That was what she needed. A clean~”

“There’s nothing clean about what you did. You simply left her when she probably needed you most.” Hendery pointed out before stalking away from him. Lucas let out a shaky breath, he turned his head and looked at the windows, Diana was already seated and a few of their classmates had approached her. Most of them were males.

“Just like before.” Lucas murmured to himself before walking away from the lecture hall.

 

 

Diana went down the building’s steps, classes were done. And she badly wanted to go home. So far, she’d only seen Lucas in one class. That made her feel a little better, being in one room with him wasn’t exactly very comforting. Scratch, that, she’d really rather not see him.

She puffed her cheeks as she reached the last steps, and then she paused when someone blocked her path.

“You’re Diana, right? The new student?”

She looked up, there were two males standing before her.

“Y—Yes,” She nodded.

“We’re your sunbaes. My name’s Kijoon and Moonkyu.” One offered his hand to her, Diana nodded, not stretching her hand back. The males looked at her, a little stunned at her reaction, or lack thereof.

“We noticed that you haven’t made any new friends, would you want to join us for coffee? We’re treating.” Moonkyu offered, Diana scratched the back of her head.

Now, how do I get away these two? Why are they so bold? They even smell bad. Help.

“It’s just across the street and~”

“I’m a little busy, sunbae.”

“It’s only for a while, here let me take those books.” Kijoon was about to carry her books.

“Diana!” Somebody suddenly yelled her name, the two males looked up.

 

 

“Look at those two, they do it every semester.” Xiaojun shook his head, Yang Yang followed his gaze.

“They always target the new students. Luring them in with their charm.” He continued and rolled his eyes. Lucas looked on as the two males approached Diana.

“Do you think she’d go with them?” Yang Yang asked, Xiaojun scrunched his nose.

“I’m not sure, she might because they’re older than her but then again, that’s Diana.”

Yang Yang grinned, Lucas had his eyes on them. The two males were trying to talk to her, one was even eyeing her body while the other distracted her with empty words.

His forehead creased briefly.

“They’re probably asking her out for coffee or snacks.”

“Diana will buy the coffee shop for them instead.” Yang Yang chuckled, Lucas eyed his two friends warily.

“It’s like nothing changed, Diana getting asked out. Diana being popular, we have males trying to get her attention, it’s just…amusing.”

Lucas grew alarmed as one of the males tried to grab her books, and then he stepped on Yang Yang’s foot so hard.

“Distract her.” He muttered under his breath. Yang Yang cursed at him before calling her name.

“Diana!”

The three turned to them, Xiaojun bit his tongue down to prevent himself from laughing.

“Yang Yang?” She turned to them, and then the latter smiled as he limped towards her.

“You said we were meeting up for snacks this afternoon, remember?” He said as he hopped down towards her. Lucas exhaled and crossed his arms.

“We…are?” Diana blinked at him, Yang Yang nodded, he looked at the two males briefly before turning to her.

“Yeah, we were gonna talk about my now injured foot.” He said, Diana balked at him.

“Huh?”

“Just come with me, Di. I’m better conversation than those two.” He said in Chinese before pulling the girl along with him.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++