029

Him & I

 

Diana smiled as Lucas slowly pulled to a halt in front of the Wu residence, he eyed her briefly before sliding down the vehicle, he opened the door for her and she grinned.

“I still don’t think that’s a good idea.” Lucas told her, Diana glanced behind them, there were two vans parked a few meters away from them.

Her forehead creased, Lucas followed her gaze and he bit his lip.

“She really is moving in.” Diana muttered, she had been trying to contact her brother on the drive home, but all her calls went to voicemail, it was the same for Haerin too.

“Diana~”

“I had fun today, Lucas. Just…like the old times.” She offered, he looked at her, worried.

“Are you sure you’re going to be okay? She still might be inside.” Lucas spoke to her, gently steering the girl so that she would face him.

“She’s not picnic, but I can handle her, don’t worry.”

“Call me if anything happens.” Lucas met her gaze evenly, she smiled and nodded and took the shopping bags from him.

“And please don’t do anything without us.” He sighed at her, she chuckled.

“I’ll call you tonight.” She promised, Lucas smiled at her.

“I’m glad we’re okay, Di.”

“But, Lucas,” Diana said as she reached for his hand, Lucas paused and curled his fingers around her palm.

“Can’t you be a little nicer to Lucy? I noticed how you’re a bit…harsh with her.”

“Di~”

“I know she tends to be a little too…much, and it doesn’t help the fact that I keep on complaining about her, but please, Wong, be nice to her, alright?” She squeezed his hand, Lucas paused, he exhaled before speaking.

“I’ll see you in class.” He said before kissing the side of her head and going back to his car.

 

 

Lucas walked in their shared condo, he made his way towards the living room area and paused when he realized that his friends were being quiet.

“Guys,”

Hendery looked up, Yang Yang was watching some random variety show while Xiaojun was toying with his phone. Usually, the whole place would be a mess and the three would be fighting over the Xbox.

“Hey, you’re back.” Hendery greeted him.

“What’s up with you three?” Lucas chuckled and plopped down beside Yang Yang, the latter looked up and puffed his cheeks.

“Did something happen?”

“Our two good friends met up someone today.” Xiaojun set his phone aside, Hendery eyed him warily.

“Really? Who?” Lucas pushed the beer cans away from him and leaned back.

“Jung Jaehyun.” Xiaojun said with a flourish of his hand, Lucas’s brows rose.

“Why?”

“Apparently, he wanted to talk to all of us. But us two were unavailable.” Xiaojun hummed, and Lucas grew curious. Hendery sighed and Yang Yang turned to face the guys.

“He wanted advice.”

“Advice on what? Stocks?” Lucas snorted.

“No, on Diana.”

That made him pause, his brows rose up.

“Diana?” He repeated, Hendery nodded back.

“He likes her. And he’s quite serious about it.” Yang Yang stared, Lucas pursed his lip and nodded.

“How do you feel about that?” Hendery asked.

“Well, is he going to ask me for advice too?” Lucas replied, Xiaojun paused, noticing the change in his tone.

“Will you be giving him~”

“Whatever.” Lucas stood up and walked towards his room, Hendery grimaced and looked at the two.

“It’s going to be intense.” Xiaojun murmured to himself.

“Do you actually think he’d let someone take her away from him again?”

 

 

“Wait, so, she’s just downstairs?” Lina asked, Diana sighed and tossed her phone to her bed, it ended up on the floor instead.

“Yes, and my brother’s useless. She’s pregnant, so therefore, I cannot kic~”

“Diana, your parents.”

“I haven’t spoken to my father in months, I don’t even know where my mother is. To be honest, I have no one as of the moment.” Diana muttered, Lina frowned at her.

“What about that oppa? That Jaehyun guy?” She asked, Diana looked up and she shook her head.

“This is too…sensitive, Lina. I don’t think I can discuss it with him. He wouldn’t understand.”

“But Lucas does.” Lina spoke, Diana paused, her fingers curled over the wire of her laptop.

“He just has really good timing.”

“Di, you spent the day with him, and I don’t see you complaining.” Lina told her, Diana leaned forward and exhaled.

“I’m bad at this.” She stated, Lina shook her head at the girl.

“You have someone there, Di. You’re not alone.”

“You really think it’s a good idea to let Lucas be all over~”

“Darling, he’s already all over your life right now.” Lina pointed and rolled her eye at her.

“I just…I almost forgot how..easy it was, you know, being with him, spending time together and just…hanging out. It’s very…”

“You’re happy, I can see it. Don’t you dare deny it.”

Diana pursed her lips and looked at the textbooks.

“I didn’t realize how much I missed him. And it’s a lot to take in.”

Lina smiled and tilted her head at the girl.

“Then, slowly take it in.”

 

 

Diana yawned as she slid down from the Ranger Rover, her father’s woman had thankfully slept in today and she didn’t have to face her this morning.

She made her way towards the steps, and then she felt someone pat her on the shoulder, she turned.

“Oppa, hey.”

“You look…tired, are you okay?” Jaehyun asked as they walked together.

“I had an unexpected guest over the weekend. But I’m fine. Don’t you have exams this week?” She asked him, Jaehyun smiled.

“It starts today. I’m sure I can squeeze some time to review later. Have you had breakfast?”

Diana hooked arms with him as they went up.

“Not exactly, I was rushing to~”

“Di,”

She glanced up, Lucas was making his way towards them. Jaehyun smiled at the younger male.

“Can we go grab breakfast? I’m hungry.” Lucas spoke, Diana shook her backpack off and handed it to him.

I want waffles. What do you want?” He spoke in Cantonese.

Maybe an egg sandwich.” She replied before turning to Jaehyun.

“Oppa, you can go study. Lucas and I can go eat.” She said with a smiled, Jaehyun paused, his brows rose up.

Lucas fixed the strap of her backpack on his shoulder, his lips curled up and he looked away.

“Are you sure? I can accompany~”

I’m hungry.” Lucas spoke again, Diana gave him a dry look.

“It’s fine, oppa. See you later. Lunch is on me.” Diana offered, Lucas pursed his lips.

“I’ll wait for you then.” Jaehyun reached out to tuck her hair behind her ear, before walking away from the two.

So, food?” Lucas smiled as she faced him, Diana sighed at him as they started moving.

“You keep on switching languages. What are you up to?”

“Just practicing my Cantonese. How was your morning, Di?” Lucas asked her.

“I super glued her BMW’s door handles.” She giggled as she hooked her arm with his, Lucas blinked at her.

“All four.” She raised four fingers at him and actually wiggled them.

“What?”

“I had free time before heading here, I had to entertain myself. Duh.” Diana said proudly.

“Most people would use that time to prepare for class or a quiz.” Lucas mused, Diana rolled her eyes.

“I’m a busy person, besides,” Diana reached out for her bag and she took out a bottle of Gatorade. Lucas grinned as the girl handed it to him.

“I have you guys to finish it all up.” She hummed, Lucas scrunched his nose at her as they entered the cafeteria.

“I’ll get your egg sandwich, go sit down.” Lucas patted her back before heading for the counters.

Her eyes went to Lucas, and she smiled to herself.

Hei hei.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++