041

Him & I

“They’re still out, are you sure you’re going to be okay?” Lucas asked as he went around the car, Diana nodded back and leaned against the vehicle.

“Yeah,” She replied, and then she paused.

“What is it?”

“You always keep clothes in the car.” She said before yanking the trunk open and true enough, she found on of his hoodies.

“Di, I wore that yesterday and~”

“It’s fine. It will help me sleep at night.” Diana shrugged at him, Lucas frowned and he reached up to cup her cheek.

“I can stay for a bit. It’s not that late yet.” He offered, Diana’s lips curled up slightly.

“Then, will you stay for some popcorn?”

Lucas smiled and nodded at her, Diana took his hand and they walked towards the house.

“I’m sorry, Di. I should have stayed inside the party.”

“Lucas, it’s not your fault. I made the mistake of not going to the restroom in groups. You know, that’s kind of a girl thing.” She murmured.

“Still doesn’t justify what Junghoon did.” He said icily, Diana glanced at him and she nodded.

“I know. Fortunately, you arrived. What would I do without you, Wong?” She said in a soothing manner as they walked in the house.

“If you hadn’t stopped me,” Lucas tugged on her hand and made the girl face him.

“I’m glad I stopped you.” Diana gave him a small smile.

“I should have done more.” He looked away, his eyebrows knitting together, she shook her head and cupped his cheeks.

“You’ve done enough.” She nodded before going up to her room, Lucas exhaled and walked to the living room. He took off his coat and tossed his necktie away.

He brought his phone out, he sat down and leaned back on his seat.

“How did it go?”

“It’s already done. Check the news tomorrow or in a few days.” Xiaojun mused, Lucas nodded and put his phone down.

“Wong?” Diana came padding down the stairs, she had already changed into her pajamas and she was wearing his hoodie.

“Popcorn?” He asked her, she grinned back at him as they went headed straight for the kitchen. She took out some packets of microwaveable popcorn and Lucas took care of the rest.

“So, a weekend without Diana Wu. Hmm, sounds uneventful.” He said as he put the packets inside the microwave.

“Just call me if you need anything.”

“Well, you do have a history of only taking my calls.” He winked at her, Diana shuddered back.

“I’ll just be at work, Wong. Don’t worry.” She said as she lifted herself up on the kitchen counter, Lucas walked towards her. Diana’s brows rose up as the male stood before her.

“What is it?” She asked him, Lucas exhaled before leaning over to press his lips against hers, she smiled before wrapping her arms around his neck.

“I’m really happy that you’re okay, Diana.” He murmured as he cupped her nape and pulled her closer to him.

“Well, I’m still kinda curious whether Junghoon needs to be hospitalized, but this is a good distraction, Lucas.” She mused as she pulled back to meet his gaze, Lucas smiled and just kissed her nose.

 

 

Ming arrived in the kitchen, she found Lina preparing lunch while streaming the news from Hong Kong via her phone.

“Diana’s really weird.”

“Why?”

“I checked her room, she said she was going to be in the company over the weekend, and that she’d be so busy, right?”

“Yes, she even packed some clothes with her. I was planning to head over there to bring her some food.” Lina glanced from the stove.

“We have breaking news. Wu Holdings has just released a statement regarding the rumors that started last night. It has been announced that all the talks were true.”

The two girls turned to the screen.

“The youngest daughter, who has been named CEO just last week is now the current CEO of the huge estate company. As of now, she legally owns~”

Lina dropped her oven mitten, and Ming’s eyes widened as she looked at the phone’s screen.

“What?”

Lina leaned against the counter and focused on the anchorwoman.

“That explains everything. She’s been so...preoccupied lately. But, why?”

“Surely, if she wanted this to happen, she could have at least waited for her brother?” Ming trailed off, Lina sighed and grabbed her phone, she ended the stream before looking at her friend.

“Where is she?”

“At their Seocho office, I mean, that’s where she said she’ll be.”

Lina dialed for her number, and then after a few seconds, she put her phone down.

“Why?” Ming asked her.

“I can’t get a hold of her.”

 

 

Lucas shook his head in annoyance as she put his phone back in his jean pocket. Diana wasn’t replying to his messages. And with the news spreading all over, he had questions.

Why is she chairman? Diana refused to work for the company unless she’s finished with school.

“You’re really brave, you know.”

Lucas paused, he turned his head and saw Jaehyun walking after him. He faced the male and his lips thinned.

“What is it, sunbae?”

“Don’t try to hide it. I know who you really are, Lucas.” Jaehyun spoke, Lucas’s brows rose and he nodded for him to continue.

“The same guy who almost got Diana killed had the guts to call me out for being rude to her friends. Nice.” Jaehyun chuckled humorlessly, Lucas’s jaw twitched.

“I don’t see why this should bother you.”

“Bother me? You’re not supposed to be around her. Hell, you don’t deserve her.”

“And, you do?” Lucas replied, Jaehyun scoffed at him.

“I am the better choice for her. Weren’t you warned by her brother already? Kris doesn’t want you around his sister.” Jaehyun closed the space between them, trying to scare off the younger male. But the latter didn’t even bat an eye.

“But she wants me around her.” Lucas’s reply was short, but it was enough to him up.

“That’s only for now, if Diana knows what’s really good for her, she should leave you, and,”

Lucas looked around them, trying to hold his temper down.

“She’ll know she’s better off with me.”

Lucas felt his phone buzz, and Diana’s name flashed on the screen.

“Sure, I guess she probably thinks the same too, huh?” Lucas was smirking as he brought the phone’s screen to Jaehyun’s face.

You called? I’m sorry, I was in a meeting.

Need anything?-Diana

“Let me guess, you’ve been trying to reach her, right?” Lucas was now being petty.

The older male couldn’t reply, Lucas chuckled before turning his back to him.

 

 

“I already cleaned your schedule, ma’am. You will be meeting the Jiangs as planned.”

Diana nodded as she walked forward.

“It will be by tomorrow, at ten in the morning. And just as you ordered, the news about Kang Juyeon will be released tomorrow.”

She paused when she felt her phone pinged.

I did. Call me back when you’re no longer busy. -Lucas

She typed in a quick reply, saying she’d call him after lunch.

I have therapy later. How about I call you instead?

Unless, you’re secretly hiding another man from me and would rather spend time with him?  -Lucas

Diana snorted and shook her head.

Sure, I’ll ask Lee Dongwook or Song Joongki if he can make time for me this afternoon.

Please do not skip therapy, Wong.

Lucas replied with a couple of kissy face emojis and she put her phone back in her purse.

Diana exhaled as she stepped out the sliding doors, she shook off her coat at the sudden change in the temperature.

“Chairman,” She was approached by two males in dark suits approached them.

“Did you get the things I asked for?” She asked as the driver took her luggage and wheeled them towards the waiting BMW sedan.

“Yes, it’s already at the office. Would you like to head there first?”

Diana shook her head, her secretary opened the car’s door for her.

“Were you able to locate them?”

“Yes, the Wongs are staying at their penthouse. They are also bound to leave the country next week.”

Diana smiled and nodded, she slid inside the car.

“And, welcome to Taiwan, chairman Wu.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++