018

Him & I

 

Diana stared at the array of meals, she was horrified.

Having meals at school will be a pain.

“You know; you’re being picky is something I don’t really miss.”  Hendery stood beside her, she looked at him.

“I wont ask about it, don’t worry.” He mused at her.

“Hen~”

“You and Lucas in one group. Big deal.” He shrugged at her as Diana walked with him, she bit on her lip.

“Look, Di, I’m not going to ask questions, but,” He placed a brown paper bag on her hands.

“He wants to be friends again, and to be honest, I don’t see anything wrong about it.”

“What’s this?” She asked him, she opened the bag and her brows went up.

“Like I said, you’re a picky eater.” He winked at her before moving along, Diana took out the contents of the bag. There was a can of kiwi juice along with a set of small meat buns sealed in plastic container.

“No carrots and parsley, don’t worry.” Hendery poked her arm, she looked at him.

“Hen~”

“Lucas left that earlier. He had to attend this meeting for the team.”

“Team?” Diana was confused, but she took one of the meat buns and took a small bite.

“Swim team, he’s still into that.” Hendery shrugged at her, Diana paused and nodded.

“Right.” 

Hendery glanced at her, Diana was eating happily as she waited for him finish pick out his food.

“It still puzzles me how Lucas gets you.”

“Just go get your food, Guanheng.”

 

 

“What? Even the whole gang?” Lina balked, Ming nodded quickly. The two had met up for lunch.

“She called me up and told me everything. I seriously am worried about her.” Ming said, Lina looked around them and she leaned on her elbows.

“How is she? Was she…”

“She seemed annoyed, clueless. She didn’t know what to do.” Ming murmured as she pulled her glass of wine.

“Of course, it’s Wong Yukhei.” Lina hummed.

“Ya, you know what happened.”

“I do. But think about it, it’s so unlike him to just leave her like that.”

“Lina~”

“I know, I’m not taking his side. I’m just saying, how he left and just…never even called her, it doesn’t seem like something Lucas would personally choose to do. That boy loved our friend.” Lina explained, Ming frowned.

“So, you’re okay with them being in the same space again?”

“Of course, Lucas would never hurt her, Ming. They made a mistake, but don’t we all?” Lina said as she took a spoonful of her soup.

“Diana’s really mad at him, Lina. I don’t think..they’ll ever be the..way they were again.”

“Probably, but let’s be real here, Diana may have broken a lot of hearts, rejected so many boys, but Lucas,” Lina grew thoughtful.

“Lucas has always been different for her.”

“A soft spot?” Ming voiced, Lina shook her head at her friend.

“Lucas is..Lucas. Her Lucas.”

 

 

Diana shut her laptop close and leaned on her elbows.

“I want to make it up to you. I want be your friend again.”

“Before all this, we were once good with each other. I’d like that again.”

She was at the library, trying to get some reading done before her other classes, but something was bothering her.

He had a point. She couldn’t act like this forever, she had two more years in SNU and she was pretty sure that he’d be around all the time. She can’t go on always hating on him and ignoring him. Lucas was once one of the people she trusted most.

She ran her fingers through her hair in frustration.

Being friends wont be harmful. Things are different now.

Diana looked up from her desk, she saw Lucy with a bunch of their schoolmates pass by, they waved at her and she smiled back.

“I can’t hate him forever.” She said to herself. 

Seeing Lucas now, she noticed how he had changed. He used to so playful, mischievous, but now he seemed reserved and preferred to stay at the back, quiet.

And try as she might to deny it, that bothered her.

Lucas was so lively, by all means a troublemaker, but that was what made him, him.

She chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

And despite everything she’s done, ignoring him, yelling at him and pushing him away, he still knew that she wouldn’t survive a day at their school’s cafeteria. 

Her lips curled up slightly.

Fine, let’s be friends then. Nothing bad will happen, right?

 

 

Lucas looked up as Diana took her seat, she was typing on her phone, he noticed how she rolled her eyes before putting his phone away.

He leaned back on his seat, and then she turned to him. Lucas paused, he had no idea what was going on with them. After their conversation by the stairs, Diana had simply left him without saying anything.

And then her lips started to move.

Thanks for lunch.

Lucas nodded back at her, she turned to face the front again and took out her binder, he smiled to himself and sat up.

“It won’t be easy, but she’s worth it.” Yang Yang said as he sat down beside his friend, Lucas turned to him.

“But you better be hurry up.”

“Would you just~”

“I mean it, that Jaehyun sunbae doesn’t look like he’d back down.” He was grinning the tall male, Lucas was about to reply when a male student suddenly sat down beside Diana. She blinked at him, confused.

“Oh god. Poor dude.” Yang Yang said quietly as he watched the male slide a box of chocolates towards Diana.

Diana looked at him, she looked annoyed.

“I don’t know what to say, but I can’t receive this.” They heard her speak.

“It’s just something to remember me by, Diana. And, I just want to be friends.” The male leaned closer towards her, Lucas leaned forward, his brows knitting together.

“I just…No. I’m sorry.” Diana gathered her things, she stood up and looked around the room.

“Diana, let’s~”

Before Lucas could step on his foot again, Yang Yang was already waving her over.

“Di, sit with us!” He called, Diana looked at him, her brows rose when she realized that Lucas was seated beside him, but she could hear the male from earlier calling her name. She mentally shuddered and walked towards the two. 

“Hey.” She said as she sat beside Yang Yang, Lucas glanced at her.

“Chocolate not to your liking, Di?” Lucas spoke to her, she looked at him, her eyes narrowed.

“It’s too soon for that, Lucas.” She said without looking at him, Lucas grinned to himself.

Yang Yang leaned back on his seat, amused. Not a lot of people would dare push Diana Wu's buttons.

“But you love chocolate, Di.”

“Cut it out, Lucas.” She hissed, the latter softly chuckled.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++