002

Him & I

A/n: Foreword has been updated. Thanks!

 

Hong Kong, 20XX

 

 

Diana stepped out of her room, she was already in her school uniform and her backpack hung on her shoulder as she bounded down the steps.

“Hi, ge!” She chirped as she walked in the dining room for breakfast.

“Hi, ge?” Her brother repeated, he put down the newspaper he was reading, Diana chuckled, totally unaffected by his icy stare as she sat down.

“What time is unnie arriving? Will she be joining us for dinner?” She asked, changing the topic.

“Around two in the afternoon. And yes, I reserved us a room at Lotus, so be there.” He said pointedly as Diana took her coffee.

“What time did you get home last night?” He asked her casually, masking his annoyance, she grinned at him.

“Do you really want to know, Wu Yifan?” She mused back as she finished off her toast, the older male looked at her before checking the time on his Patek Philippe wristwatch.

“You be careful, you keep on going out, one day you might end up meeting the wrong group of people and~”

“Okay, save that for my next outing. See you later.” She said as she stood up, Kris eyed her warily, Diana blew him a kiss before dashing out of the house. Diana slid inside the Bentley, she greeted the chauffeur a good morning before taking out her phone from her pocket. She sent in a quick text to her friend before deciding to catch some sleep on the way to school.

 

 

Lucas ran his fingers through his hair as he walked past the school gates, he had his hands in his pockets as he approached the familiar buildings that welcomed him every morning.

“You’re early. This is a miracle!” His friend, Xiaojun jogged towards him.

“I had to be, pa wants me to be at this meeting this afternoon. So, I’ll have to be excused me from class.”

“You’re not going to talk about the girl last night?”

Lucas paused, his friend was grinning back at him as they reached the school’s building.

“Come on, we all know you disappeared because you went to talk to this girl. The ladies were very disappointed.” He hummed as they went towards the stairs.

“Tell me about her, I’m sure Guanheng will ask later too.” He mused as they went up, Lucas smiled and shook his head.

“I didn’t really get to talk to her properly, she seemed to be…avoiding my questions. But her name’s Diana.”

“That’s it? Her name? Family name?”

“She wouldn’t say. And she said that I may have been too old for her. The irony.” Lucas smirked to himself as he tugged on his backpack, the two friends didn’t really pay attention to the number of stare they were getting and they were already kind of used to it. Although, Lucas didn’t particularly enjoy it.

“Diana, huh? Her name..The name sounds familiar.” Xiaojun said thoughtfully as they reached their classroom.

“Is she pretty?” He asked as Lucas sat down on his designated desk, the other male nodded back.

“So pretty that it hurts.”

“You’re disgusting.” Xiaojun shuddered at him, Lucas chuckled to himself.

“Let’s get something to drink before class starts.”

 

 

Diana tied her hair up as she dashed towards the stairs, she expertly maneuvered so that she could overtake her schoolmates.

“Di!” She heard her friend, Ming call for her, she raised her palm, she fixed the strap of her bag as she approached her group, but before she could step forward a door suddenly swung open, it only missed her by an inch.

“Watch it, idiot!” She hissed, the students turned, stunned. Diana rolled her eyes in annoyance, she straightened her skirt before looking up.

“Wu Yinghua. Diana Wu.” An eerily familiar baritone voice made her pause, she turned her head and her eyes widened. Her eyes went to the male’s nameplate, then to the uniform he was wearing.

“Diana?” Xiaojun was blinking at her, then Lucas spoke.

“Now, we’re schoolmates? I thought you were too young for me, you’re probably in my grade.” He said as he walked towards her, Diana’s brows rose and her lips curled up.

“Wong Yukhei. Lucas Wong.” She said, Lucas shrugged at her.

“Wait, she’s the Diana you were talking about?” Xiaojun was stunned, he knew Diana. They went to the same academy a few years ago. And he knew how she was.

“Seeing you under natural lighting feels odd.” Lucas commented, he leaned against the wall and crossed his arms.

“Seeing you again is already odd enough, trust me.” She replied, undeterred by his staring. Xiaojun scratched the back of his head.

“Di?” Ming walked towards them, she paused when her eyes went to Lucas, she also looked stunned to see him.

“How come I never saw you around here, Di?” He asked teasingly.

“It’s Diana for you, Yukhei.”

“Probably because I actually go to class and you look like you don’t.” She mused before hooking arms with Ming, Lucas chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Will I be seeing you during lunch?”

“You have eyes, Lucas.” She pointed out before walking away from them, pulling Ming with her in the process.

“You’re crazy. The Diana you were talking about was Diana Wu?” Xiaojun shook his head at his pal, Lucas looked at him questioningly.

“Why?”

“She’s just like you.”

“And that’s bad, how?” Lucas mused as they searched for a vending machine.

“You know what, fine. Pursue her. Go ahead and try.” Xiaojun murmured, Lucas smirked and glanced at the girl again. She was speaking with her friend, then she paused, feeling his gaze on her, she turned her head. Lucas raised one brow at her, she narrowed her eyes at him before diverting her gaze.

 

 

“Wait, that’s him? Lucas Wong?” Ming asked incredulously, Diana picked up a tray, letting her friends gossip more, but there was a small smile on her lips.

“Yeah.” Their friend, Lina nodded back as she picked up chopsticks for everyone.

“I’ve always heard rumors about him.”

“Rumors?” Diana turned to Ming before placing some beef on her tray.

“Hmm, how do I say this without scaring you?” Ming murmured, Diana chuckled and rolled her eyes.

“Ming, boys don’t really get to me. Don’t worry.”

“This is Lucas Wong we’re talking about. No girl can escape him, he’s a total playboy~”

“Dont you think that’s kind of unfair? You’re talking about him like that and he’s not even here to defend himself?” Diana chuckled, and then Ming halted, Lina chuckled.

“Exactly, thank you for coming to my defense, Di.” 

Diana turned and she sighed, speak of the devil and he shall appear.

“You’re here.” He spoke.

“Do I have to explain why I’m at the cafeteria during lunch break or...?” She crossed her arms, the male had taken her tray from her.

“I was planning to ask you out to eat.”

“Out?”

“Why? Never tried escaping these four walls before?” He mused back, raising one brow at her. Ming and Lina glanced at each other.

“Have you?” Diana tilted her head, Lucas chuckled.

“So, you game? Or you'd choose dry cafeteria food over me?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++