004

Lost and Found II

Sehun exhaled as he looked at the male again.

“I requested for that last week, you had a full week to finish this.” He said, his tone was calm but it didn’t mask his annoyance. His secretary looked down, wanting to leave the room.

“I know, vice president, but, I was also tasked to~”

“Are you going to give me reasons instead? I didn’t ask for them.” Sehun tossed the folder on his desk and leaned back on his seat.

“I—I apologize, vice president. I’ll finish this up by today.”

Sehun didn’t reply, he faced his computer instead, the male dashed out of the room.

“Sir, the directors’ board meeting will be this Tuesday, and manager Seon has requested that you review that new proposals~” He trailed off when Sehun loosened his tie, his eyebrows knitted together in annoyance.

“I’ll tell him no and not to rush you.” He finished, the doors opened, revealing a smiling Park Somin.

Sehun’s secretary let out a sigh of relief.

“Hi, secretary Shim.” She said to him, the male gave her a polite bow.

“I brought food,” She said as the other male quietly exited the room. Sehun peeled his gaze away from his computer and opened one arm to her.

“Are you busy?” She asked as she walked to him, Sehun didn’t reply, he just pulled the girl to him and pressed his cheek against her tummy.

“Wow, it must have been one long morning.” She mused as she patted his head, Sehun grumbled back in reply.

“Anyway, I came by to tell you that,” She started, Sehun dropped his arm and stood up.

“Myungsoo oppa’s birthday is this weekend, he invited you. And,”

“Right, he did call me up.” Sehun nodded back at her, Somin was taking out the food on the center table.

“And, I’m meeting with Hyundai tomorrow for lunch, so I have to cancel on our appointment.”

“You mean date.” Sehun chuckled as he sat down, he tugged Sammy onto his lap and tucked her under his chin.

“We can call it whatever we want.” She said to him, Sehun snorted.

“Do you know them? The Hyundai people?”

“Appa probably does, I heard they have a son, he’s a little younger than me.” Sehun said as he leaned over to pick up a piece chicken, he started to munch on it.

“Oh, I was expecting to be working with someone older.” Sammy murmured.

“Let’s not judge people basing on their age.”

“Easy for you to say, you were senior partner when we met.”

“Exactly.” He hummed back, Sammy rolled her eyes and transferred on the couch to let him eat, she shook off her heels and placed her legs over his lap.

“Should I tell you?” She said.

“Tell me what? That you have another standee of me hidden somewhere?”

“No. I’m needed in Singapore again. And..I know how you hate me flying out again, but I really need to be~”

Sehun paused, his brows went up.

“But I’ll try to be back as soon as possible, I just need to~”

“Sammy, stop.” He said, Somin blinked at him, Sehun shifted his weight to face the girl.

“I’m sorry that you had to think this way.” He said, now, she was confused.

“What?”

“I was just messing around when I said I didn’t like you flying back and forth to Singapore. I mean, you don’t have to always ask for permission from me, Sammy. That’s not right.”

Somin blinked, she bit on her lower lip.

“True, I am worried for your safety, but, Sammy, don’t think like that. Of course you should go, it’s your company.” He said with a small smile as he cupped her cheek.

“Well..if you put it that way..” She muttered, Sehun kissed her cheek before letting go.

“But that doesn’t mean you should stay that long.” He said in a childish tone, Sammy laughed.

“Hmm, I had a feeling about that. But thanks, Oh Sehun. That’s really nice of you.”

 

 

“I cannot believe I’m letting you do this.” Sammy said as she and Kai walked in the boutique, Jena was behind them, laughing.

“Why are you letting him do this?” She looked at the bride.

“I wanted you to be my bridesmaid, but he said he met you first.” Jena mused back.

“Which is correct. We did meet first. We were~”

“Still, best man?” She shot back, Kai gave her a willful smile before gesturing for her to choose a dress.

“We wanted to have one especially made for you, but we don’t know what you want and you’re always out so,” Jena hummed as she pointed towards the rows of Elie Saab and Valentino couture dresses.

“We prepared these, well, it’s probably because Kai doesn’t want you to come for his neck. But you get the gist, right?” She winked at the girl, Sammy rolled her eyes.

“I’ll catch up with you two later, I have gown fitting. Sammy try not to hurt him before the wedding.” Jena said jokingly before leaving the two, Samantha eyed her friend warily as she went through the dresses.

“You’re leaving again?” Kai asked, she nodded.

“There’s so much needed to be done back there, Kai. I’m actually thinking of appointing someone, but I’ll have to discuss that with the board first.” She murmured as she picked out a nice pale pink tulle dress, Kai shook his head at her.

“Wouldn’t that be a lot of work, then? You’ll have to train your in charge.” He said as they moved along.

“I know, but at least I get to stay here while running SK Singapore, right?”

“What’s eating you, Sammy?” Kai grinned at her, she picked out a soft champagne gown that showed a bit of shoulder and had a high slit, high but respectable.

“You’re a little tan now, this would suit you.” He said to her, Sammy nodded back.

“I don’t know, I mean, I’ve always thought of Singapore as home, you know. I already saw myself settling down there, continuing my life and then, right now, I don’t seem to…see it..as home anymore. It’s confusing, Kai. It’s the only place I know how to..maneuver around.”

“And, Seoul isn’t like that?” He asked her.

“It’s starting to be like that, and it scares me.” She said softly, Kai grew worried.

“What do you mean, Sammy?”

“This thing..with Sehun, it’s serious. And…I just…I don’t know how..”

“You’re scared because things with him are getting serious.”

She bit her lip and looked at her palms.

“But, Sammy, there’s nothing to be scared off. This is Sehun we’re talking about.” Kai tilted his head at her and gave her hand a slight squeeze.

“Kai, you know me. I like to know where I’m heading, where this is going.”

“Ya, the moment you kissed him in public, you knew there was no heading back, right?” He said lightly, Sammy nodded.

“So, take a chance on him. This is Sehun. He would never hurt you, Sammy.”

 

 

Samantha let out a small sigh as she checked her reflection on her phone. She was inside her office, waiting for her secretary’s announcement.

“So, apparently we’re dabbling into the construction business now.” Chanyeol said from the couch. Sammy glanced at her cousin, she smiled.

The project with Hyundai was new to them, they had partnered up on this huge industrial site. Park Holdings and Hyundai would be leading the project, the whole thing would benefit young entrepreneurs, fresh graduates and new businesses that were struggling in looking for a physical shop.

“It’s a huge strip mall in the middle of the city, Sammy. This is amusing.” Chanyeol was excited.

“It sounds like a lot of work, thanks for being here, oppa.” She said to him.

“Anything for you, baby girl.” He mused back, Sammy snorted. Then the two paused as Dave walked in the room.

“The people from Hyundai just arrived, and,” He set a box on the center table, Chanyeol took a peek.

“Vice president Oh sent these over, very…thoughtful of him actually.” Dave murmured, Sammy’s brows rose as she saw her cousin guffawing.

“What is it?” She said as she approached the box. She started to chuckle, inside were a half dozen cupcakes, all of them were decorated with Kia’s logo on top.

“Well, he’s always been creative. Can I have one?” Chanyeol mused as he took one of the pastries.

“Come on, oppa. I’ll call Sehun later.” She was smiling as she left the office, Chanyeol followed behind her.

Sammy felt her phone ping, it was a message from the man himself.

Did you like the cupcakes? They’re coffee flavored. –Sehun

“You have to hand it to Oh Sehun, he knows how to mark his territory.” Chanyeol hummed before slinging one arm around his cousin, Sammy smileld to herself as another message came.

Love you. Enjoy the cupcakes. –Sehun

 

 

The young male puffed his cheeks in boredom as they waited in the conference room, his father and three of the other directors were with them, all were in great spirits.

He leaned back on his seat and crossed his arms. He was so not up for all this, speaking with a bunch of old guys in a room. Talking about nothing but business and work and more work.

“Stand up.” His father nudged him as the doors opened, he rolled his eyes and followed suit and then the room grew quiet.

A young lady had walked in the room with a pleasant smile on her face. He paused and looked at her, a little confused.

“I’m sorry to have kept you waiting, nice to meet you. I’m Park Somin.” She said in a polite tone.

“Ah, we’re here to see vice president Park.” His father spoke up, the young male saw how Somin’s brows rose up. And then before anyone could react, a tall male stepped in the room, he was holding onto something that stunned all the directors in the room.

The young man wanted to keel over and laugh.

Park Somin followed their gazes and balked, she turned to the male.

“Oppa, put that down.” She muttered, the male blinked and looked around them. And then he slowly put it down.

He was holding onto a Kia cupcake in front of Hyundai executives.

“Good morning, I’d like to introduce you to President Park Chanyeol.” Another male came in, a secretary from Park Holdings.

“And vice president Park Somin.”

The Hyundai president was stunned for a brief moment but he extended his hand towards the two, his son looked on, amused.

“It’s nice to meet you both, I didn’t imagine you two would be so young.” He praised them.

“Well, we were trained early.” Chanyeol said pleasantly, and then the Hyundai boss turned to his son.

“Well, I have my son in training too, say hi,” He said as his son took a step forward. The young male paused as he looked at Somin again. He didn’t really realized how breathtakingly pretty she was from his seat.

“This is my son, Eunwoo.” He finished.

“It’s nice to meet you, Eunwoo-ssi.” Chanyeol said with a smile as he shook the younger male’s hand.

“Cha Eunwoo.” He spoke as he turned to Somin, she paused before shaking his offered hand.

 

“Well, I hope we’ll get along, Cha Eunwoo-ssi.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++